Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

TheSite Baby Meet

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kaff wrote: »
    My eyes! Sex toys and bondage tables?!

This is not baby meet talk :(

ruined the thread... :'(
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    As long as I can steal Baby-Kaff and Baby-Kermit&GWST for a few hours each, I have no problem giving them back :D.

If you take her you can keep her. I don't want her back.

That's not true really. But only hand her back when she's stopped throwing spaghetti bolognese everywhere.

Quite. This is talk about how we ended up in this mess in the first place :thumb:
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    Guys I am supposed to be working

Is being on The Site work, now?:p

Is this a baby meet or a bondage meet, now?
  • Options
    If you take her you can keep her. I don't want her back.

That's not true really. But only hand her back when she's stopped throwing spaghetti bolognese everywhere.

She sounds like my kind of girl :D

Melian, I am doing work, I promise :p.
  • Options
    You say that, but have you tried getting baby spaghetti bolognese out of your clothes? It stains everything.
  • Options
    You say that, but have you tried getting baby spaghetti bolognese out of your clothes? It stains everything.

Is it worse than carrot? We haven't progressed far past veg yet, and already everything is orange.
  • Options
    Remind me to steal one of Boy's t-shirts for this :p.
  • Options
    Kaff, it's worse than carrot, but not as bad as red pepper lasagne. Especially when she rubs her hands around her mouth and then tries to rub her hands against you.

To give you an idea of what it's like, baba and the dog have an understanding. She sits in her high chair having dinner, and he sits under the high chair eating the two foods of food she drops. It's a match made in heaven.
  • Options
    We're doing baby-led weaning (more like baby-led smearing and throwing at the mo!) so already me, her and the kitchen are wearing a whole lot more than she actually eats and my mum's dog is suddenly her bezzie mate :thumb:
  • Options
    Baby-led weaning. Ah yes. That's where baby steals the ice cream cone you're eating right out of your hand and then looks like this:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs368.snc4/45159_458281840090_731360090_6733182_1321445_n.jpg
  • Options
    Baby-led weaning. Ah yes. That's where baby steals the ice cream cone you're eating right out of your hand and then looks like this:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs368.snc4/45159_458281840090_731360090_6733182_1321445_n.jpg
    ohgod :heart:.
  • Options
    I'd probably come with the moo bags depending on where it is etc
  • Options
    We're doing baby-led weaning (more like baby-led smearing and throwing at the mo!) so already me, her and the kitchen are wearing a whole lot more than she actually eats and my mum's dog is suddenly her bezzie mate :thumb:

Baby lead weaning rocks
  • Options

Ha! That's the one!

Very neat for food theft, how old was she there? Superbaby nicked some of my garlic bread a couple of weeks ago and had spread it ALL over her person within seconds :yeees:
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »
    Baby lead weaning rocks

It was on Madam's request! We started off with baby slop and spoons, which she was all for for the first couple of weeks, before deciding that actually spoons offend her terribly unless she is the one controlling it. And my 'controlling' I obv mean 'flicking at the walls and floor'. Good.
  • Options
    Ha! That's the one!

Very neat for food theft, how old was she there? Superbaby nicked some of my garlic bread a couple of weeks ago and had spread it ALL over her person within seconds :yeees:

She'll have been between five and six months old then, it was in the late summer/early autumn. She's only getting worse now she can crawl off to find her own food, which this Christmas has mostly been coal from the scuttle.
  • Options
    She'll have been between five and six months old then, it was in the late summer/early autumn. She's only getting worse now she can crawl off to find her own food, which this Christmas has mostly been coal from the scuttle.

Maybe she has heartburn? :p
  • Options
    The baby led weaning was much preferable to (Laura) spending half the weekend preparing mush, for Niamh to look at and throw away.
  • Options
    So when is this meet going to occur? I propose around july, summer, its nicer etc? or too late?

Where? as far north as possible.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Mist wrote: »
    The baby led weaning was much preferable to (Laura) spending half the weekend preparing mush, for Niamh to look at and throw away.

I am glad you added the bracket-y bit in :p
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »
    So when is this meet going to occur? I propose around july, summer, its nicer etc? or too late?

Where? as far north as possible.

July?! All our babies will have grown up and gone to university by then! I can barely see past next week, never mind 6 WHOLE MONTHS done the line!
  • Options
    July?! All our babies will have grown up and gone to university by then! I can barely see past next week, never mind 6 WHOLE MONTHS done the line!
    Haha :D

Can I vote May? Because I'm basically booked up until then ;o.
  • Options
    tbh im not really prepared to spend hours travelling up north on the train with two toddlers, especially considering what a nightmare the 10 minute school run has just been trying to herd them along.
    Ill have to see what the plans are and work it out from there
  • Options
    Hmm mine is only coming/arriving in June anyway :)
  • Options

It's baby making talk though :yes:
  • Options
    MoK wrote: »
    It's baby making talk though :yes:

Should i get some turkey basters, just in case ?
  • Options
    tbh im not really prepared to spend hours travelling up north on the train with two toddlers, especially considering what a nightmare the 10 minute school run has just been trying to herd them along.

This is my issue with going anywhere that isn't fairly local. Going anywhere with the monkey can be tricky so long distance would be out of the equation for us.
  • Options
    I think I'll be in the wrong country. :(
  • Options

Totally understand that. I wouldn't want to go too far and I only have one who's still immobile!

Maybe the solution is to have a couple of more localised gatherings rather than one big one?
  • Options
    We're different in that we do travel distances with Rosie, we've done London with her several times, but I don't know how long that will last. She's a good girl now but I can see her starting to throw little strops fairly soon, as she gets too old to simply fall asleep in the car for the journey or have old ladies coo over her on the train. Either sleep or her attention seeking in public places gets us through the journeys now.

However the more local the better for us, ideally we'd not want to travel much further than Yorkshire. And by Yorkshire I don't mean South of Wakefield, because that's not proper Yorkshire.