Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Where to buy bras...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Bit of an odd question :blush: but, I'm a stupidly big size for my age (32E/30F) and can never find bras I like. All the bras I do like are really expensive, so my mum wont buy them. I only have one bra, which is now too small, so really need some more.

Is there any where that sells big bras, that are quite cheap? And not really gross looking?
Thanks, x

Comments

• Options
    Im the same as you, about 30F/FF. I go to debenhams which do good bras or brastop.com. Bought loads from them, really pretty bras and fairly cheap as well :)
  • Options
    La Senzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

They do deals etc.
  • Options
    im a 30F too and I get mine from debenhams normally. Their "gorgeous" range are nice and theyve got a sale on atm
    this ones cute and comfy and comes in other colours i think too http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_150010209605_-1?breadcrumb=Home~Lingerie~DD%2B+bras

32E would be easier to find. Most supermarkets do that size. You can pick up nice ones in asda
  • Options
    Thanks everyone :)

30F fits me better than 32E, but I'm not so fussed about it being a perfect fit.. so long as it doesn't dig into my sides!! x
  • Options
    M&S's Ceriso range does a 30F, and I'm pretty sure the Limited Collection do now, as well. They do quite 'young' styles, and are not megabucks. Also try TK Maxx - I used to get some cracking underwear in there.

I'd get your mum out shopping now, if you can. With the sales on you're going to get way more bra for your cash, and the more unusual sizes are generally available more than the popular ones :thumb:
  • Options
    Theyre more expensive but ultimo are worth checking out when they have a sale, I swear by their bras (I'm a 32DD but think I might be a bit bigger now, bravissimo told me I was a 30F but 32DD felt alot better).
  • Options
    Kaff wrote: »

I'd get your mum out shopping now

Have to buy them myself :grump:

Thanks girlies :) I'm going shopping in the week, so hopefully will find something!
  • Options
    Marks and Spencer.... they're not too expensive, especially in the sale, they do pretty ones in less popular sizes, and they have free bra fitting :)
  • Options
    I'm always a bit embarrassed going into marks and sparks, most people in there are quite.... elderly.... and when I go shopping none of my friends want to go in there.
    Have had a look at La Senza, some loveeeely bras there. There's one in Nottingham, which I shall be going to this week :) Lets hope they have the one I want!! x
  • Options
    I'd definitely get yourself measured too because your body changes so fast when your that age. Ive never really got on with La Senza bra's they don't seem to ever fit me right :banghead:
  • Options
    la senza come up small. Most people have to buy a cup size bigger in there
  • Options
    la senza come up small. Most people have to buy a cup size bigger in there
    Mine are usually alright, and I'm a 34E. If I have a problem with them, it's usually back size rather than cup size.
  • Options
    I've always thought la senza bras were sized weird, haven't bought one from there for years. Theres a bravissimo in notts too if you fancy getting fitted there, its free.
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with M&S, some of the clothes are quite young these days.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    Theres a bravissimo in notts too if you fancy getting fitted there, its free.

Where abouts is it? :) x
  • Options
    Yea, i dont like La Senza either. They're sizes are so small, they dont really do higher than a D.

Debenhams also do free bra fittings, and they tell you how to tell if your bra fits properly so you dont have to keep going back
  • Options
  • Options
    It's opposite the pit and pendulum - which is also worth a visit if you've never been!
  • Options
    I dont think you can't do much better than M+S i know it is has an "image" but its not like that really just have a look at their website, also Figleaves have a sale at the moment with some incredible bargains
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    Yea, i dont like La Senza either. They're sizes are so small, they dont really do higher than a D.
    Um, they have a whole section of their website dedicated to DD+, some of which (most, even) are just larger versions of the smaller sized bras. I know the sizing can be a little wonky, but I find them to be very good when they do fit (and really it's just a case of trying them on, which you pretty much should do anyway) and relatively inexpensive.

B-A, have a look at wonderbra as well. They're usually very good imo.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    It's opposite the pit and pendulum - which is also worth a visit if you've never been!

Ohh okay, will check it out :) Going into town tomorrow, wanted to go today but all the little shops in Hockley will probably be closed what with the stupid back holiday :impissed:

I guess with La Senza I'll just have to try them on if the sizes aren't right, but seen some I really like on their website! So hoping they have them in my size! x
  • Options
    Try brastop.com - I broght a couple at £13.00 each and they're lovely. Got some pretty designs too.
  • Options
    not cool but remember that asda, tescos etc also do cheap and cheerful bras, ive been suprised by the fit too :)
  • Options
    only thing I'd add is that if you do go to M&S, for the love of God don't get fitted there. I don't know why, but there isn't a single woman I know who's been fitted properly there. Although if you have big boobs M&S is a pointless destination; they have lots and lots of lovely bras, but if you want anything over a D cup and it's off to the greying granny bra aisle.

I'm probably a boring old fart but La Senza stuff is rubbish. Stickl to Debenhams or Bravissimo; both fit you properly and have an excellent range.
  • Options
    Thanks all :) I have no money now, so can't buy any bras, and mum wont be me any. I'll have to make do with the one I have till my birthday I guess :lol:
  • Options
    Thanks all :) I have no money now, so can't buy any bras, and mum wont be me any. I'll have to make do with the one I have till my birthday I guess :lol:

how do you get away with just one bra?

do you wash and dry it every night or something?
  • Options
    thats a bit harsh, bras are an essential, especially if you have a big bust. Not like they are a luxary item. Would agree with what AR said too.
  • Options
    if you went to asda or tesco you could pick one up for under a fiver. Im sure i remeber you saying you smoked. Thats less than a pack of fags isnt it
  • Options
    It's called budgeting. Spend all your money on useless shite and you don't have any money left for important things, like bras. Good life lesson from your mum, tbh.

You can get a really good, well-fitting and well-made bra in Debenhams for £15. It's not a lot of money, it comes down to priorities.
  • Options
    Peacocks is good, got two today. The material is like thermal wher, they have big sizes and some our 3 pound for 2, but think the best out the 2 for 5 pound one, quick before there sale ends. :)