Home Politics & Debate
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

The Origin Of Birds And Flight

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
There are more than 10,000 species of birds on Earth, each of which possesses its own unique features. Hawks have very sharp eyes, broad wings and pointed talons. Plovers, weighing just a few hundred grams, flap their wings for 88 hours non-stop on the journey of 4,000 kilometers (2,485 miles) that they make every winter, crossing the ocean without mishap. With their ability to imitate sounds including human speech, parrots are among the cleverest of living things. Although anatomy of their mouths is wholly different—they have no teeth or lips, for instance—they are able to produce sounds very similar to those they hear. With their long beaks, the hummingbirds—the smallest known species of birds—can feed on flower nectar and the small insects they find inside flowers. In order to feed, they needs to hover in the air in front of the flower, and with its specially created features, they are the only species of bird able to do so. Jays bury the bonito fish they collect for later use. With their powerful memories, they are able to find and extract these fish even after nine months have passed, in forests where every tree resembles every other.
The way that birds show devoted behavior towards their young is also most striking. Some birds construct highly intricate nests, taking account of a great many factors during their construction. Birds living by the seashore, for example, build nests that cannot be flooded, using the appropriate materials for this. They even calculate how their future young should come to no harm in the event that water levels rise. Some marsh-dwelling birds build nests with high walls so that their eggs cannot be blown out by the wind.
How are such different types of nests, intelligent behavior and altruism, whose variety would fill many volumes, possible for these creatures, which are totally without reason or training?
It is impossible for them to have gradually developed the features they possess, because they could not have survived during the intermediate stages of any such process. Indeed, no creature has ever grown to perfection in stages, as evolutionists would have us believe. On the contrary, all different living groups have existed in their current perfect states ever since they first appeared in the Earth's geological strata.
This is scientific evidence that birds too were created, and this evidence represents a truth taught to human beings in the Qur'an: it is Allah, the Creator of all things, Who created these creatures with all the features they possess and the systems appropriate to them.
In verses, Allah reveals His dominion over the living world:
“. . . There is no creature He does not hold by the forelock.” (Surah Hud, 56)
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
«1

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This is scientific evidence that birds too were created
    You go from a gigantic block of text about birds (copy and paste?) to a very bold statement about creationism. Where is this 'evidence' you mention? Disbelief in evolution is not evidence for creationism, and intelligent design is certainly not evidence for anything (nor is it a scientific theory).
    No creature has ever grown to perfection in stages
    No creature IS perfection. There are many examples of evolutionary left-overs that serve no purpose in the species we see today. Why in the human eye are blood vessels placed in front of the light-sensing cells, when surely a perfect design would have the cells unobstructed? Why does the laryngeal nerve of a giraffe travel from its brain, all the way down its neck, loop around the heart, back up the neck and into the larynx? These are inefficient and imperfect features, that make no sense unless they evolved over time.

    Mods: P+D?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    garfield2 wrote: »
    There are more than 10,000 species of birds on Earth, each of which possesses its own unique features. Hawks have very sharp eyes, broad wings and pointed talons. Plovers, weighing just a few hundred grams, flap their wings for 88 hours non-stop on the journey of 4,000 kilometers (2,485 miles) that they make every winter, crossing the ocean without mishap. With their ability to imitate sounds including human speech, parrots are among the cleverest of living things. Although anatomy of their mouths is wholly different—they have no teeth or lips, for instance—they are able to produce sounds very similar to those they hear. With their long beaks, the hummingbirds—the smallest known species of birds—can feed on flower nectar and the small insects they find inside flowers. In order to feed, they needs to hover in the air in front of the flower, and with its specially created features, they are the only species of bird able to do so. Jays bury the bonito fish they collect for later use. With their powerful memories, they are able to find and extract these fish even after nine months have passed, in forests where every tree resembles every other.
    The way that birds show devoted behavior towards their young is also most striking. Some birds construct highly intricate nests, taking account of a great many factors during their construction. Birds living by the seashore, for example, build nests that cannot be flooded, using the appropriate materials for this. They even calculate how their future young should come to no harm in the event that water levels rise. Some marsh-dwelling birds build nests with high walls so that their eggs cannot be blown out by the wind.
    How are such different types of nests, intelligent behavior and altruism, whose variety would fill many volumes, possible for these creatures, which are totally without reason or training?
    It is impossible for them to have gradually developed the features they possess, because they could not have survived during the intermediate stages of any such process. Indeed, no creature has ever grown to perfection in stages, as evolutionists would have us believe. On the contrary, all different living groups have existed in their current perfect states ever since they first appeared in the Earth's geological strata.
    This is scientific evidence that birds too were created, and this evidence represents a truth taught to human beings in the Qur'an: it is Allah, the Creator of all things, Who created these creatures with all the features they possess and the systems appropriate to them.
    In verses, Allah reveals His dominion over the living world:
    “. . . There is no creature He does not hold by the forelock.” (Surah Hud, 56)
    :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

    If life was indeed created by Allah as you suggest, he did a pretty lousy job. I can point out as many creation fuckups as you can creation 'wonders'.

    The problem with you creationists is that you don't want to even try and understand how long, say, a billion years is. It's mind blowing for me too but the reality is that it's easily enough time for life to repeatedly evolve enough to survive their environment. The other thing that you fail to remember is that evolution is happening and is observable right now. A recent and simple example is this : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7971200.stm
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How could any creature be created by a something that doesn't exist? :confused:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Don't feed it. There're a couple of threads started like this. Do you think he's interested in having "his" ideas challenged? He's just a copy and paste monster.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah, I can't imagine how wings could possibly evolve. :yeees:

    flying_squirrel.jpg

    wallaces-flying-frog.jpg

    flying-fish.jpg

    It's a conundrum, isn't it?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Don't feed it. There're a couple of threads started like this. Do you think he's interested in having "his" ideas challenged? He's just a copy and paste monster.
    Yeah I know. My guess is that they won't post anything again anyway. I was simply trying to get a reaction out of them and see if they'd post something they'd typed themselves, as opposed to c&p'ing god-bothering claptrap.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru

    flying_squirrel.jpg



    I love this photo. :heart: It looks like a little blanket with a head.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This seems to be the default response to any thread these days:

    Afghanistan did not shelter people who attacked America you fool! The 9/11 hijackers were mostly Saudis! They also all died on 9/11! They did not even shelter Osama Bin Laden the so called mastermind of the attacks they offered to hand him over on condition they were given evidence of his involvement in those attacks. Which is a fair enough request as no country would agree to extraditing a person without evidence they had committed a crime in the country requesting the extradition.

    By the way note that there is no mention of the 9/11 attacks on the page about Osama Bin Laden on the FBIs' most wanted list here: http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/topten/fugitives/laden.htm

    And look at this, it says the FBI has no hard evidence linking Bin Laden to 9/11 http://www.twf.org/News/Y2006/0608-BinLaden.html

    QUOTE: "In the months leading up to the Septmber 11, 2001 attack, it is reported, the Taliban "outlined various ways bin Laden could be dealt with. He could be turned over to the EU, killed by the Taliban, or made available as a target for Cruise missiles." The Bush administration did not accept the Taliban's offer."

    "On September 20, 2001," according to the Guardian, "the Taliban offered to hand Osama bin Laden to a neutral Islamic country for trial if the US presented them with evidence that he was responsible for the attacks on New York and Washington. The US rejected the offer."
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aladdin wrote: »
    How could any creature be created by a something that doesn't exist? :confused:

    PMSL
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    MoK wrote: »
    This seems to be the default response to any thread these days:

    Am I missing something or is this a mis-post? :confused:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Teagan wrote: »
    Am I missing something or is this a mis-post? :confused:

    Goldsword/Steelgate enjoys posting shit about Aghanistan and terrorism, calling everyone a fool and overusing exclamation marks.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    grace wrote: »
    Goldsword/Steelgate enjoys posting shit about Aghanistan and terrorism, calling everyone a fool and overusing exclamation marks.

    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :lol: Thanks!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    grace wrote: »
    Goldsword/Steelgate enjoys posting shit about Aghanistan and terrorism, calling everyone a fool and overusing exclamation marks.

    Though for the record I'd like it stated that that particular quote was aimed at me specifically :D
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    In the Ireland thread
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    grace wrote: »
    Goldsword/Steelgate enjoys posting shit about Aghanistan and terrorism, calling everyone a fool and overusing exclamation marks.


    Why are you saying that islam is terrorism?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No, they're saying that you're a terrible gobshite.

    Good day.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No, they're saying that you're a terrible gobshite.

    Good day.

    POTW but i'm afraid there's one in the sex forum i'm gonna noiminate.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    garfield2 wrote: »
    Why are you saying that islam is terrorism?

    Who is?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think Surah Hud needs to take early retirement, I think she has early onset Alzheimers. Tragic really, at 56 :(
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    garfield2 wrote: »
    Why are you saying that islam is terrorism?

    I'm not. Where the hell did you get that idea from?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    grace wrote: »
    I'm not. Where the hell did you get that idea from?

    From here?

    2581934509_1af25db504.jpg
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The OP didn't write that long post. Just query a string of the text using quotation marks and you'll find that it's all over Google.

    Yeah, and what MoK just said.

    Move along gentlemen and mind the gap :-)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    He's posted the exact same thing on another forum...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    grace wrote: »
    He's posted the exact same thing on another forum...
    Seems like it's lifted from this guy. For "all terrorists are darwinists" and other great insights on evolution, see this interview.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    MoK wrote: »
    From here?

    2581934509_1af25db504.jpg

    Wow ....looks remarkably like this pile of horse shit!

    cavesofosamapropaganda.gif
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Monserrat wrote: »
    The OP didn't write that long post. Just query a string of the text using quotation marks and you'll find that it's all over Google.

    Amira used to do that. Remember Amira? Typical. No independant thought processes but just simple regurgitation of religious dogma and fallacies without actually being prepared to question ones beliefs.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Wow ....looks remarkably like this pile of horse shit!

    cavesofosamapropaganda.gif

    My gosh what a pile of utter shite that graphic is ^ :D

    Many a sovereign nation could only dream of owning such infrastructure-let alone the fucking Taliban.

    I guess this comes from the same people who told us Saddam had all sorts of WMDs ready to fire on us.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aladdin wrote: »
    Many a sovereign nation could only dream of owning such infrastructure-let alone the fucking Taliban.

    I know. I want one!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Teagan wrote: »
    Amira used to do that. Remember Amira?
    I think you mean Aisha.
Sign In or Register to comment.