Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Yay or nay?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If you have been having a fling with someone,the sex is amazing, the kind you'd want to have for the rest of your life.....but then you start to like them....it's much better to tell them how you're feeling than to carry on? Cos once you tell someone and they don't feel the same, you can't just carry on having sex....it's better to go for the all or nothing isn't it? No matter if you'd want to die of shame if you bumped into them and feel hurt if they only want you for sex?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i suppose there's no other way to find out, and if you dont, you will spend the rest of your life wondering...what if???
    you could have missed out on the love of your life, which in my opinion would be harder to deal with than humiliation/embarresment!
    tell him. what if he does feel the same?
    what if you never tell him, keep on having sex, get more and more feelings and then end up getting hurt anyway?
    i think id have to tell them.
    Im shit at hiding my feelings.
    I have just needed to get it off my chest...I've talked myself into not thinking I like him, pretended it's just sex, thought I liked someone else jsut recently but I always go back to thinking about him.....if we did get together it may turn out i was never really interested i don't know.....
    I've had some horrible dreams this week about him having a gf and it's really got to me. I had a bad one last night and it's been on my mind all day.

I have took the coward's way out and texted it to him, jsut before I posted thi. I'm that much of a coward I've turned my phone off now!
    I know what the answer is, I just need to get it off my chest. After all, I've known him 10 years, been doing stuff with him nearly a year and he's only ever said anything abuot us being more than sex once.
    lipsy wrote:
    tell him. what if he does feel the same?
    what if you never tell him, keep on having sex, get more and more feelings and then end up getting hurt anyway?
    exactly, I'm gona be hurt either way if he doesnt want more, why prolong the pain and make it worse in the end.
    Either I never had sex in the way, that I need it for the rest of my life, or I just simply can't understand such people. What is the deal? Yeah, it's a cool thing, but if you don't try to make a rlship out of it, he will do - but with someone other and then sex and the - maybe - love of your life is gone.

I can't figure out why people put so much significance into sex, that you rather try to have a bit of it for some unknown time longer, instead of trying to really get a partner who's worth it.
    he's only ever said anything abuot us being more than sex once.
    because he has the same thinking pattern like you in your original post. If you both know each other for that long I can with most safety tell you he's not doing you for the sake of doing you, but he is afraid you give him the cold side, after he admits to it.

take action: now!
    StrubbleS wrote:
    Either I never had sex in the way, that I need it for the rest of my life, or I just simply can't understand such people. What is the deal? Yeah, it's a cool thing, but if you don't try to make a rlship out of it, he will do - but with someone other and then sex and the - maybe - love of your life is gone.

I can't figure out why people put so much significance into sex, that you rather try to have a bit of it for some unknown time longer, instead of trying to really get a partner who's worth it.
    what if you fancy someone and end up in bed having sex and it's really good but the time isn't right to actually make more of it (like it's not long since you split from someone)? then you get into the routine of just hooking up at wknds and having more of the said good sex....but then after a while your situation changes, you're over your past and you start to enjoy this person's company a bit differently and you start thinking about them more and more?

And lol I don't need it for the rest of my life with him, I'd like it but I'd like more with it, it was a way of expressing how I really enjoyed it and that I'll miss it if he says he wants nothing more.

I may be confusing my feelings with the good sex here, that's why I need to know!

Oh and I've turned my phone on and nothing......now this is where everyone says "you should have said it, not text it!"
    StrubbleS wrote:

because he has the same thinking pattern like you in your original post. If you both know each other for that long I can with most safety tell you he's not doing you for the sake of doing you, but he is afraid you give him the cold side, after he admits to it.

take action: now!
    we shall see.....I have never know him to have a steady gf though and he's 31 now.
    When this first kicked off he had been persuing me for quite some time ut once we hooked up he cooled off a bit and so did I then it just got into this rut.

Whatever happens, I feel 10 times better for telling him.
    VinylVicky wrote:
    what if you fancy someone and end up in bed having sex and it's really good but the time isn't right to actually make more of it (like it's not long since you split from someone)? then you get into the routine of just hooking up at wknds and having more of the said good sex....but then after a while your situation changes, you're over your past and you start to enjoy this person's company a bit differently and you start thinking about them more and more?

And lol I don't need it for the rest of my life with him, I'd like it but I'd like more with it, it was a way of expressing how I really enjoyed it and that I'll miss it if he says he wants nothing more.

I may be confusing my feelings with the good sex here, that's why I need to know!

Oh and I've turned my phone on and nothing......now this is where everyone says "you should have said it, not text it!"

nah cool down. you know what happened when I last got a text like this? I wrote 10 fricken minutes on a re-text, always deleting and replacing words... and in the end fucking deleted it all, put the cell phone away and thought a tad more. But you are right, if he's not responding at all, this can do your head majorly in.

Sorry that I can't relate to your situation in the first paragraph, never been there, so I don't know...
    StrubbleS wrote:
    nah cool down. you know what happened when I last got a text like this? I wrote 10 fricken minutes on a re-text, always deleting and replacing words... and in the end fucking deleted it all, put the cell phone away and thought a tad more. But you are right, if he's not responding at all, this can do your head majorly in.

Sorry that I can't relate to your situation in the first paragraph, never been there, so I don't know...
    no need to be sorry, everyone's different. No doubt I'll bump into him this week, I live right near him, work right near him and catch the same bus as him in the morning's.....lol i should confront him and make him squirm!!

It's done now. I haven't fallen for him, I couldn't imagine falling for someone in a situation like this but I have got feelings for him. I feel relieved and at least I'll get closure and can move on......to my next unsupsecting vicitim haha joke.
    have you heard from him?
    yep come on, turn your phone back on.
    Have I shite. I bet he can’t even be bothered. So I have my answer, it’s just more of a reason to get over it and move on. If he hasn’t even got the deceny to turn me down, do I really want someone like that?
    If ever I have been asked out and I’ve not been interested, I’ve always always responded and told them where they stand. My reasons may not always be honest (mainly to spar their feelings) but I’ve never left someone hanging.
    Stuff it. I just feel relieved it’s not on my mind anymore, know what I mean?
    sounds like a coward. its never nice telling someone you're not interested for whatever reason but you're right, he should have the decency to say something. at least now you have a reason to be pissed off at him, which will make you think fuck it! and move on.

eta: so you've known him for 10 years and you've been seeing him for a year. maybe hes just really shocked and doesn't know what the fuck to say. he might be thinking about it.. or maybe he just is a coward.
    is there a chance you might bump into him anytime soon?
    well we live and work near each other and drink in the same pubs, I always see him out and about
    VinylVicky wrote:
    well we live and work near each other and drink in the same pubs, I always see him out and about

I really want to know the answer !!

Want to read the post where you tell us that he feels the same and its one big happy ending :D
    i bet you get drunk one night and have it out with him!
    :blush: ibet i do too! he'll be squirming....then I will the next day!!!
    lipsy wrote:
    i bet you get drunk one night and have it out with him!
    There’s news. His phone has been broke, he rang me yest to see what I was up to, I was drunk and had a go at him before realising his phone had been broke…..I’m still not sure if he did get my text but I said everything and beyond what was in the text!
    He does like me but he doesn’t want a relationship – he has apparently talked himself out many times on asking me out properly etc. He also said the day he has a relationship is when he meets ‘the one’. He thinks he’ll know who this is when he meets them and he won’t have doubts etc, it will feel right. (well that’s a dream we all have I think and fair play to him believing in that) I took that as though I am not ‘the one’.
    He would like to hang out more and do stuff other than sex and see what happens – but he’s adamant that he’s not planning having a relationship and he admitted he is scared of commitment. I pointed out to him that I didn’t ask for his commitment!
    I told him everything I’ve been thinking over the last few months, nothing held me back! Thank god I didn’t cry or tell him I love him!!! I was just quite bolshy and open. I feel a bit of a tit now, but hey, so what.
    So there we go…………………what he really meant was you’re great in bed so I’m keeping you hanging on by a thread ;)
    VinylVicky wrote:
    I’m still not sure if he did get my text but I said everything and beyond what was in the text!

I told him everything I’ve been thinking over the last few months, nothing held me back! Thank god I didn’t cry or tell him I love him!!!

well done you for having the courage to come out and say it? do you feel better that its at least off your chest?
    and I guess now you have your chance to try - you can follow his suggestion of spending a little more time with each other and seeing what happens :) - be careful though, it wont be nice if he just drags you along in limbo for ages without letting you know where you stand one way or the other.
    VinylVicky wrote:
    So there we go…………………what he really meant was you’re great in bed so I’m keeping you hanging on by a thread ;)
    The man's a genius. Hats off to him.
    intrepide wrote:
    well done you for having the courage to come out and say it? do you feel better that its at least off your chest?
    and I guess now you have your chance to try - you can follow his suggestion of spending a little more time with each other and seeing what happens :) - be careful though, it wont be nice if he just drags you along in limbo for ages without letting you know where you stand one way or the other.
    lol I don't now, now. I did when I first text him but I was sober then.......I'm severely hungover now and keeo getting random flah backs of being at his and the stuff we were saying......lol I didn't make a total idiot of myself but I always repeat myself and get really annoying and anal when I'm drunk and getting something off myself.....I've done much worse though so hey ho
    The man's a genius. Hats off to him.
    Not for long, I'm going to make him fall in love with me then break his heart :D