Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The Origin Of Birds And Flight

2»

Comments

  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    sanitize wrote: »
    I think you mean Aisha.

    That's the one! :thumb:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There are ten useless matters:

    1. Knowledge that is not acted on
    2. The deed that has neither sincerity nor is based on following the righteous examples of others
    3. Money that is hoarded, as the owner neither enjoys it during this life nor obtains any reward for it in the Hereafter
    4. The heart that is empty of love and longing for Allah, and of seeking closeness to Him
    5. A body that does not obey and serve God
    6. Loving God without following His orders or seeking His pleasure
    7. Time that is not spent in expiating sins or seizing opportunities to do good
    8. A mind that thinks about useless matters
    9. Serving those who do not bring you close to God, nor benefit you in your life
    10. Hoping and fearing whoever is under the authority of God and in His hand; while he cannot bring any benefit or harm to himself, nor death, nor life; nor can he resurrect himself.

    However the greater of these matters are wasting the heart and wasting time.
    Wasting the heart is done by preferring this worldly life over the Hereafter, and wasting time is done by having incessant hope. Destruction occurs by following one’s desires and having incessant hope, while all goodness is found in following the right path and preparing oneself to meet God.

    How strange it is that when a servant of God has a [worldly] problem, he seeks help of God, but he never asks Allah to cure his heart before it dies of ignorance, neglect, fulfilling one’s desires and being involved in innovations. Indeed, when the heart dies, he will never feel the significance or impact of his sins.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah, I can't imagine how wings could possibly evolve. :yeees:

    flying_squirrel.jpg
    Ah, the notorious Poplar Squirrel Moth. Scared the buggery out of my daughter the other day...
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    garfield2 wrote: »
    However the greater of these matters are wasting the heart and wasting time.
    Wasting the heart is done by preferring this worldly life over the Hereafter, and wasting time is done by having incessant hope. Destruction occurs by following one’s desires and having incessant hope, while all goodness is found in following the right path and preparing oneself to meet God.

    How strange it is that when a servant of God has a [worldly] problem, he seeks help of God, but he never asks Allah to cure his heart before it dies of ignorance, neglect, fulfilling one’s desires and being involved in innovations. Indeed, when the heart dies, he will never feel the significance or impact of his sins.
    HERE are some of the numerous sites from which you may have copy/pasted that from.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    garfield2 wrote: »
    There are ten useless matters:

    1. Knowledge that is not acted on
    2. The deed that has neither sincerity nor is based on following the righteous examples of others
    3. Money that is hoarded, as the owner neither enjoys it during this life nor obtains any reward for it in the Hereafter
    4. The heart that is empty of love and longing for Allah, and of seeking closeness to Him
    5. A body that does not obey and serve God
    6. Loving God without following His orders or seeking His pleasure
    7. Time that is not spent in expiating sins or seizing opportunities to do good
    8. A mind that thinks about useless matters
    9. Serving those who do not bring you close to God, nor benefit you in your life
    10. Hoping and fearing whoever is under the authority of God and in His hand; while he cannot bring any benefit or harm to himself, nor death, nor life; nor can he resurrect himself.

    However the greater of these matters are wasting the heart and wasting time.
    Wasting the heart is done by preferring this worldly life over the Hereafter, and wasting time is done by having incessant hope. Destruction occurs by following one’s desires and having incessant hope, while all goodness is found in following the right path and preparing oneself to meet God.

    How strange it is that when a servant of God has a [worldly] problem, he seeks help of God, but he never asks Allah to cure his heart before it dies of ignorance, neglect, fulfilling one’s desires and being involved in innovations. Indeed, when the heart dies, he will never feel the significance or impact of his sins.


    Here, have a kitten. Everything will seem fine afterwards.



    kitten-on-hand.jpg
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aladdin wrote: »
    My gosh what a pile of utter shite that graphic is ^ :D

    Many a sovereign nation could only dream of owning such infrastructure-let alone the fucking Taliban.

    I guess this comes from the same people who told us Saddam had all sorts of WMDs ready to fire on us.

    Let me just remind the gullible ....
    This picture was in papers around the world and on the news channels too.
    The story was that the intelligence on these was because ...the yanks built them ...in the middle of the Soviet occupation for the Mujahadeen.
    And everyones eys glaze over till the adverts for toilet rolls come on.

    Well some of us didn't glaze over ...we're thinking ...there's a war going on and a country occupied by a massive Russian military force but the yanks ...can ship in steel and digging equipment and transport and build roads and mix concrete and build multimillion dollar complexes like this without the Russians noticing!!!
    \No wonder the fucking Russins lost!

    Most of the wordls inhabitants seem to be sleep walking.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aladdin wrote: »
    My gosh what a pile of utter shite that graphic is ^ :D

    Many a sovereign nation could only dream of owning such infrastructure-let alone the fucking Taliban.

    I guess this comes from the same people who told us Saddam had all sorts of WMDs ready to fire on us.


    They seem to have a particularly keen faculty for realizing hallucinations.

    It's like they think of our enemies as villains from James Bond movies, hiding in secret lairs with stolen ICBM's just waiting to start the next world war unless their ransom demands are met.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Sign In or Register to comment.