Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Red lump on the side of penis D:

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Alright, I have no idea what this is, but i'm adamant it can't be an STD - I've been with one girl, we didn't have full sex and she had never had any sexual contact before. Plus, that was months ago, and this has just surfaced now.

It's basically a fairly large red lump on the side of the shaft. Does anyone have ANY idea what the hell it is? Seriously, i'm getting kind of worried. I will provide pictures if necessary! xD

Comments

• Options
    haha fun fact. I have a red dot on my penis too, but it's a mosquito bite and it's driving me insane.

Sorry, nothing constructive here, rofl! (j/k, still sitting in my chair!)
  • Options
    fish94 wrote: »
    Alright, I have no idea what this is, but i'm adamant it can't be an STD - I've been with one girl, we didn't have full sex and she had never had any sexual contact before. Plus, that was months ago, and this has just surfaced now.

It's basically a fairly large red lump on the side of the shaft. Does anyone have ANY idea what the hell it is? Seriously, i'm getting kind of worried. I will provide pictures if necessary! xD

Lumps in the wrong places - go see your GP.
  • Options
    Yeah, I thought I may have to so see someone.
    Anyone have any ideas at all in the meantime?
    Strubble:
    A mosquito bit your dick? O.o
  • Options
    Could just be a blocked gland or pore but go see the doctor
  • Options
    hmmn, don't you need to see the doctor about your penis anyway (unless you've been alread) you should go about this and then bring up your other issues while you are there. Once you've done it you will feel better.
  • Options
    Right.
    I really don't want to go see the doctor about this, even though I will. I guess its just one of those things x.x
  • Options
    Hmmn, I think worrying about these things sometimes makes life a bit difficult - like just that weight on your mind. Once you know it's nothing you might feel silly for having worried but I always find feeling a little silly preferable to feeling worried. Well, that's how I feel about my lady bits anyway.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    haha fun fact. I have a red dot on my penis too, but it's a mosquito bite and it's driving me insane.

Hmmmm "mosquito" and "dick" , there is a joke in there somewhere i'm sure :chin:
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    Hmmn, I think worrying about these things sometimes makes life a bit difficult - like just that weight on your mind. Once you know it's nothing you might feel silly for having worried but I always find feeling a little silly preferable to feeling worried. Well, that's how I feel about my lady bits anyway.

I meant more about the embarrassment side of things.
    Talking to a man about..that xD
  • Options
    You know, a picture would help hugel... ah. Forget that. :)

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/menshealth/facts/spotsonthepenis.htm

Google image search may be your best bet.
  • Options
    I meant more about the embarrassment side of things.
    Talking to a man about..that xD

Less of an embarrassment than doing nothing, but being permanently scarred because you were too afraid to ask for assistance from a medical professional... who has likely seen most things before, doesn't care if you're hung like a donkey or packing a chipolata. They're only there for your well-being. ;)

Not that I've been there, but I did have to go and talk to my GP about circumcision - then be examined, and have the procedure...
  • Options
    hello i would be blushing my head off but yeah go see a doc always best 2 get checked for peace of mind
  • Options
    rofl! (j/k, still sitting in my chair!)

:lol: I love that group :p

And, to the OP, defiantly go to the doctors... make sure it's a doctor you feel comfortable with though.
    Xx
  • Options

How long did it take to come up? Does it feel itchy or sore? Where on the side of the penis is it - closer to the balls or the head?
  • Options

You sleep naked and a mosquito attempts to give you a blow job! What is the world coming to?
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    You sleep naked and a mosquito attempts to give you a blow job! What is the world coming to?

No, they can bite through clothing. I was working (shoveling soil off a... thing. You can tow it with your car and there is stuff on it. dunno the word) in the woods and they must've sensed my gigantic pulsating blood rushed member and thought nomnomnom what a meal.
  • Options
    Right.
    I really don't want to go see the doctor about this, even though I will. I guess its just one of those things x.x

Be on the safe side and go see the doctor, dude. I had to go get a lump on one of my balls checked out about 18 months back and it really is no big deal. I had an older Indian lady give me my initial examination, and it didn't feel any different from going and getting anything else checked out. You've got to remember the doctors have seen a whole lot of cocks in their time, it's all run-of-the-mill for them.

ETA: The doctors have probably seen more weiners than Tegan and Strubbles put together - which, as you can imagine, is a whole lot of dick.
  • Options
    No, they can bite through clothing. I was working (shoveling soil off a... thing. You can tow it with your car and there is stuff on it. dunno the word) in the woods and they must've sensed my gigantic pulsating blood rushed member and thought nomnomnom what a meal.

Word = trailer?

Lol! Horny boy! Even aroused when shovelling soil off a trailer.
  • Options
    Be on the safe side and go see the doctor, dude. I had to go get a lump on one of my balls checked out about 18 months back and it really is no big deal. I had an older Indian lady give me my initial examination, and it didn't feel any different from going and getting anything else checked out. You've got to remember the doctors have seen a whole lot of cocks in their time, it's all run-of-the-mill for them.

:yes:
    ETA: The doctors have probably seen more weiners than Tegan and Strubbles put together - which, as you can imagine, is a whole lot of dick.

:lol: Strubbles hasn't seen many though. He hasn't quite been won over by the joys of homosexuality. But me? I've seen more pricks than a second hand dartboard.
  • Options
    Teagan, in reply to your last question, it kind of just surfaced randomly one day. I woke up and it was there. Also, it is closer to the head, and on the foreskin.
    Sometimes I wish I could just get a new one! xD
  • Options
    Teagan, in reply to your last question, it kind of just surfaced randomly one day. I woke up and it was there. Also, it is closer to the head, and on the foreskin.
    Sometimes I wish I could just get a new one! xD

Awwww! Enjoy the penis that you have! :)

Does the spot hurt if you gently squeeze it? Does it feel like it may have a small 'ball' shape inside? Does it look like it has a 'whitehead' at all? Does it itch? Or does the skin flake at all?

And it's only come up in the last few days, yeah?
  • Options
    Awwww! Enjoy the penis that you have! :)

Does the spot hurt if you gently squeeze it? Does it feel like it may have a small 'ball' shape inside? Does it look like it has a 'whitehead' at all? Does it itch? Or does the skin flake at all?

And it's only come up in the last few days, yeah?
    About the last week or so.
    It doesn't look like a whitehead, it doesn't really hurt if I squeeze it a bit, it kind of feels like it has a small 'ball' in it, and it isn't itchy/flakey.
    Do I need to provide a picture? xD
  • Options
    About the last week or so.
    It doesn't look like a whitehead, it doesn't really hurt if I squeeze it a bit, it kind of feels like it has a small 'ball' in it, and it isn't itchy/flakey.
    Do I need to provide a picture? xD

Lol! Yes please! From every angle! (joking)

I don't think that this is anything serious. It sounds like you may have a bit of sebum that has collected under the skin. The genital area of your body can get quite hot, sweaty and oily which can produce such spots. Just keep an eye on it for a few days and see if it changes shape, gets bigger or becomes sore. My hunch is that it will disappear after a few days or weeks. But, if in doubt, see the doctor.

p.s. and keep the area clean and dry. :)
  • Options
    Lol! Yes please! From every angle! (joking)

I don't think that this is anything serious. It sounds like you may have a bit of sebum that has collected under the skin. The genital area of your body can get quite hot, sweaty and oily which can produce such spots. Just keep an eye on it for a few days and see if it changes shape, gets bigger or becomes sore. My hunch is that it will disappear after a few days or weeks. But, if in doubt, see the doctor.

p.s. and keep the area clean and dry. :)

It seems to have gone down a little, but not a whole lot. I shall give it a while, thanks for the help!
  • Options
    It seems to have gone down a little, but not a whole lot. I shall give it a while, thanks for the help!

No worries. I'm sure its nothing to fret about. :)
  • Options

If my pen0r counts 1 for everytime I see it, it is an awesome lot! I check up on him every 5 minutes. Irritated a few people when I had to publicly speak to them in uni, but hey, better be safe than sorry.
    Word = trailer?

Lol! Horny boy! Even aroused when shovelling soil off a trailer.

I guess. That's why my looking up yielded too, but I thought a trailer is only the ones you can live in.

/e:
    Btw. fish. I remember my first appointment with the weiner doctor. I had blood in my happy juice and he gave me this cup and said I should fill it. When I looked at him like he was joking he said to me "with pee, not with....". Ooooh, ok.

Anyway, I had to drop my pants and lie down because he wanted to give me an ultrasonic to check for cancer or something (He was sure it was just a harmless nosebleed-equivalent, but he has to check to rule out any improbable stuff). It was a bit weird, because he put this jelly on this ultrasonic device and ultrasonic'd my nads, but in the end it was just like a otologist checking up your ear and I was glad I went to have a calm conscience.

How do you think girls do it? Going to the gynecologist spreading their legs and have him/her have a look there. For the doctor the woman is just like a car for a mechanic. He checks up if all the wiring is ok, if any fuses are burnt out and if there needs to be an oil change. It's just routine for them and if you keep that in mind it is just routine for you too.
  • Options
    If my pen0r counts 1 for everytime I see it, it is an awesome lot! I check up on him every 5 minutes. Irritated a few people when I had to publicly speak to them in uni, but hey, better be safe than sorry.

I guess. That's why my looking up yielded too, but I thought a trailer is only the ones you can live in.

/e:
    Btw. fish. I remember my first appointment with the weiner doctor. I had blood in my happy juice and he gave me this cup and said I should fill it. When I looked at him like he was joking he said to me "with pee, not with....". Ooooh, ok.

Anyway, I had to drop my pants and lie down because he wanted to give me an ultrasonic to check for cancer or something (He was sure it was just a harmless nosebleed-equivalent, but he has to check to rule out any improbable stuff). It was a bit weird, because he put this jelly on this ultrasonic device and ultrasonic'd my nads, but in the end it was just like a otologist checking up your ear and I was glad I went to have a calm conscience.

How do you think girls do it? Going to the gynecologist spreading their legs and have him/her have a look there. For the doctor the woman is just like a car for a mechanic. He checks up if all the wiring is ok, if any fuses are burnt out and if there needs to be an oil change. It's just routine for them and if you keep that in mind it is just routine for you too.

Good point, I didn't think of it that way. Thanks!
  • Options

you mean cumming to? :P

How do you think girls do it? Going to the gynecologist spreading their legs and have him/her have a look there.

I cried! it can be horrid :( but fish, it is so worth it for the peace of mind
  • Options
    I don't mind the examinations, though my legs shake a lil bit in the stirrups lol
  • Options
    skakitty wrote: »
    I don't mind the examinations, though my legs shake a lil bit in the stirrups lol

You're probably not supposed to orgasm during your checkup .... ;):p