Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

should Myspace profiles be taken seriously?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
I blow in and out of myspace to check out peoples profiles and I find that most profiles all say the same thing. im bitchy, 2 faced, i'll judge you but i dont like being judged, blah blah blah

Do the people on myspace really mean this or is it just a front?

only asking out of curiousity and im kinda bored
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    In a lot of cases I don't take seriously half the stuff people put on there.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    In a lot of cases I don't take seriously half the stuff people put on there.

I don't take half the stuff people tell me seriously, let alone what is on myspace. People are so full of shit nowadays.
  • Options
    im bitchy, 2 faced, i'll judge you but i dont like being judged, blah blah blah
    :eek2: wtf? seriously, is that what most people on myspace describe themseves as? bunch of losers, its sounds shit! why do people even go on there?
  • Options
    I lovelovelovelove MySpace. What I write on mine is me. I'm on there to natter with people I know in real life, met when clubbing, on t'internet, or bands I really like big or local bands.

It is SO good I was invited to BBC studios last night to be an audience member with a mate for two Glaswegian bands I lovelovelove. It's called "The Music Show" and will be on BBC2 in November! I'm wearing a yellow houndstooth top and white boots and big haaaaaair.

:D
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    :eek2: wtf? seriously, is that what most people on myspace describe themseves as? bunch of losers, its sounds shit! why do people even go on there?

I've been wondering the same question. I've never seen anything as pathetic and lame. Even the hooker like 12 year old with her parents at olive garden yesterday made more sense than that place. (by the way they have the most delicious peach sangria)
  • Options
    :lol:
    A wise man once said that peeps who write that on their myspace are just attention seeking and probably don't mean it. personally, if I say that on a girls profile, Id just say fudge it because whats the point of talking to you then?
  • Options
    :lol:
    A wise man once said that peeps who write that on their myspace are just attention seeking and probably don't mean it. personally, if I say that on a girls profile, Id just say fudge it because whats the point of talking to you then?

Are you answering your own question several posts down? I'm so confused right now.
  • Options
    ok now im confused.

Thats just my opinion on profiles like that, I was just wondering if anyone thinks the same or if its just a front.
  • Options
    Shhhh. Lets both just be quiet now before we confuse eachother anymore :p Its too early to understand.
  • Options
    its as lame as those people who make video blogs and post it on youtube!!!
  • Options
    where do you stand on myspace myname?
  • Options
    I've yet to see those. (to lipsy's post) I'll probably stay away though :p I didn't even know they did. Sad. So sad.
    where do you stand on myspace myname?

Just search any myspace thread and you'll see ;)
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    its as lame as those people who make video blogs and post it on youtube!!!

there was one girl who said:

"there was this bird and it was like... dead, it represents our dying society cause it like died"
  • Options
    myspace is like marmite.
    you either love it or hate it.
  • Options
    there was one girl who said:

"there was this bird and it was like... dead, it represents our dying society cause it like died"

Deep. And dark.
  • Options
    I don't know whose myspace profiles you've been browsing but I have never encountered anyone on there who professes to be bitchy, two-faced and judgemental. Sounds like you're looking in the wrong places; or maybe they're being facaetious ;)

Whatever it is, they sound like fruitcakes. But they're found everywhere, by no means are they exclusive to myspace or bebo or whatever. There's nothing wrong with using it to have a bit craic with your mates, look up local bands and all that jazz. I like it.
  • Options
    he is probably searching for 15 year old girls so that would explain it
  • Options
    Thats just my opinion on profiles like that, I was just wondering if anyone thinks the same or if its just a front.

www.bbc.co.uk/questiontime
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    he is probably searching for 15 year old girls so that would explain it
    :rolleyes:

thats not very nice!
  • Options
  • Options
    This person speaks sense. I've noticed it too, lots of angsty girls seem to do this. They say nasty (probably false) character traits and then say something lame like. Deal with it. Ahahaha
  • Options
    glad its not just me!:D
  • Options
    :rolleyes:

thats not very nice!
    oh sorry i didn't realise you are 19!
  • Options
    is that another insult?

nah its cool. it just seems that my interest of girls who are in the indie/grunge/emo or whatever you wanna call it produces some people with huge chips on their shoulder.

Briggi is actually right, its not just myspace where you get these sorts of people.
  • Options
    is that another insult?

nah its cool. it just seems that my interest of girls who are in the indie/grunge/emo or whatever you wanna call it produces some people with huge chips on their shoulder.

Briggi is actually right, its not just myspace where you get these sorts of people.
    no im not trying to insult you! :)
  • Options
    To begin with, I didn't see much point to it. If you take it at face value it can be as good place as any to kill time on. I decided to buy tickets to an event last Friday after seeing the artist's profile. ;) Had an amazing night out, too. :)

I'm a member of some communities where I can find info about how to waste my time offline.

People put random stuff on their profile for attention. Sometimes it's lies, other times it's half lies/half truths and then you can find the plain truth with some people. However, usually people don't live action packed lifes so exaggerating and distorting certain things makes the person seem a bit more exciting. ;) I've played mine up and although it's mostly truths, there's some dubious stuff inbetween.

I'm fed up of blogs, so myspace is a nice alternative as long as it isn't taken to extremes. :)
  • Options
    just trying to clear the air.

well thats yet another question answered.

thanks again guys.
  • Options
    do people still have LJs? or has myspace taken over them?
  • Options

But its not, and that makes me cry.
  • Options