Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How many people have you slept with?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    kira wrote: »
    I am just voicing the common norm. That it's said that people don't have sex, but people generally do since it's human nature and the human condition.

Why does the common norm say people don't have sex?
  • Options
    I am just voicing the common norm. That it's said that people don't have sex, but people generally do since it's human nature and the human condition.

Do you mean the common sayings like 'people don't have as much sex as they'd like' or people saying they 'haven't had sex for ages' or even 'people stop having sex once they have kids'? Those kind of comments aren't meant to describe everyone.

Is it possible you're taking those kind of comments at face value? Some people may have never had sex, some may have had sex with a lot of people - but no one says that people don't have sex. They may say things that sound like that or say that about some people - but not as something to describe everyone.
  • Options
    G, +1 this evening.
  • Options
    grace wrote: »
    Why does the common norm say people don't have sex?

Society itself says so.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »
    Do you mean the common sayings like 'people don't have as much sex as they'd like' or people saying they 'haven't had sex for ages' or even 'people stop having sex once they have kids'? Those kind of comments aren't meant to describe everyone.

Is it possible you're taking those kind of comments at face value? Some people may have never had sex, some may have had sex with a lot of people - but no one says that people don't have sex. They may say things that sound like that or say that about some people - but not as something to describe everyone.

I can be irrational sometimes. People do say that nobody has sex.
  • Options
    Oh, I've never heard that expression. As I see it, people move through phases of their life where they have more/less sex at different times in different circumstances.
  • Options
    I think Kira is trying to say that sex is a personal thing, and that with in society sex isn't a talked about subject... For instance, you'll walk down the road thinking "she looks pretty" but you wont think "she's had sex recently." It is often presumed in society that everyone behaves well, and that all "naughty" things stay tucked in private... because that is the way society is built. It's like... you wouldn't want to think of your parents having sex, even though you know they probably do.
    Just thought I'd bring some clarity to this... at least, that's what I think Kira meant.
    *Twiddles thumbs, and walks away once more*

Xx
  • Options
    I personally think Kira is being deliberately obtuse and weird in a "look at me, aren't I soooo individual and kooky" way.

"No-one has sex"
    "There is no spoon"
    "Freddie Starr ate my hampster"
    "Elvis is alive and well in a small semi just south of Dundee"
  • Options
    I personally think Kira is being deliberately obtuse and weird in a "look at me, aren't I soooo individual and kooky" way.

"No-one has sex"
    "There is no spoon"
    "Freddie Starr ate my hampster"
    "Elvis is alive and well in a small semi just south of Dundee"

Thats what I think when you look at some of the other posts that make perfect sense.
  • Options
    I really can't stress enough that you should spend the time to read through the thread where Kira explains some of the problems that they have found themselves experiencing.

I realise people may find it difficult to understand but if someone does have problems associated with ASD's then they may have trouble understanding concepts, that people blessed with a more normal or typical brain structure will have no problems with. That doesn't mean they'll have a consistent lack of understanding around all things.

If someone is saying they have problems understanding sayings and phrases and expressing them then that seems to be perfectly in keeping with what Kira has been posting.

Whilst that's likely to be frustrating for people it's exactly why people with hidden disabilities can be bullied and discriminated against. I rather hope that people who chose to use this website could try to understand that rather than using it as a way to perpetuate the same kind of misunderstandings or discrimination someone might experience elsewhere.

There's a huge difference between understanding social concepts, turns of phrase or political situations. For most people it's pretty normal to understand all of those things to a fairly average level, for other people it can be difficult to express that.

However everyone has a right to express themselves on this website and people have a right to express when they find what other people say is difficult. That doesn't mean it's okay to start persecuting someone for not being as lucky as you.
  • Options
    you wouldn't want to think of your parents having sex, even though you know they probably do.
    Xx

NO NO NO *sticks index fingers in both ears* LALALA! I CAN'T HEAR YOU.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    NO NO NO *sticks index fingers in both ears* LALALA! I CAN'T HEAR YOU.

I've heard it. Even fingers in ears didn't help the way they were going at it (drunk, and forgot I had been babysitting) I ended up slamming my door really loud, just to remind them I was there, and not making eye contact for a week....
  • Options
    Evenstar wrote: »
    I've heard it. Even fingers in ears didn't help the way they were going at it (drunk, and forgot I had been babysitting) I ended up slamming my door really loud, just to remind them I was there, and not making eye contact for a week....

:lol::lol:
  • Options
    I lost count after 3
  • Options
    I really do think, like i'm going to grow old and die before this thread is....
  • Options
    Hehe its gonna turn into the new 'How old were you when you lost your virginity' thread
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »
    I really can't stress enough that you should spend the time to read through the thread where Kira explains some of the problems that they have found themselves experiencing.

I realise people may find it difficult to understand but if someone does have problems associated with ASD's then they may have trouble understanding concepts, that people blessed with a more normal or typical brain structure will have no problems with. That doesn't mean they'll have a consistent lack of understanding around all things.

If someone is saying they have problems understanding sayings and phrases and expressing them then that seems to be perfectly in keeping with what Kira has been posting.

Whilst that's likely to be frustrating for people it's exactly why people with hidden disabilities can be bullied and discriminated against. I rather hope that people who chose to use this website could try to understand that rather than using it as a way to perpetuate the same kind of misunderstandings or discrimination someone might experience elsewhere.

There's a huge difference between understanding social concepts, turns of phrase or political situations. For most people it's pretty normal to understand all of those things to a fairly average level, for other people it can be difficult to express that.

However everyone has a right to express themselves on this website and people have a right to express when they find what other people say is difficult. That doesn't mean it's okay to start persecuting someone for not being as lucky as you.

what problem?

People in society do say that people don't have sex.
  • Options
    what problem?

I think that I, as well as most of the rest of us, haven't heard this before, at least not in a literal sense
  • Options
    People say that "some people don't have sex" but I can't imagine anyone saying that no-one has sex.
  • Options
    what problem?

It may well be that you have difficulty expressing yourself, but Jim and others have gone to great lengths to try and interpret your repeated assertions that "society says people don't have sex". I would, by now, have expected you to respond to their helpful suggestions. Simply repeating the same, frankly, meaningless phrase without putting it into context is not advancing this discussion and there must be a limit to how long "people" will continue to indulge you.
  • Options
    It's that human society is complex, and persons generally don't have sex. But sex is still a normal human desire.

I can't help it, I can be complex and contradictory sometimes. :yes:
  • Options
    It's that human society is complex, and persons generally don't have sex. But sex is still a normal human desire.

I can't help it, I can be complex and contradictory sometimes. :yes:

Id say persons generally do have sex, hence there is 6 billion plus people on the planet.
  • Options
    As I said, I can be complex and contradictory sometimes. People do have sex, it's normal and natural.
  • Options
    I have le sex. Not since 2 weeks ago, but hope to again soon hmm.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »
    People say that "some people don't have sex" but I can't imagine anyone saying that no-one has sex.

it's a common sentiment.
  • Options
    it's a common sentiment.

If you say so...
  • Options
    i like sex, but as i said i can be complex sometimes. :yes:
  • Options
    it's a common sentiment.

Is it bollocks. I have never heard anyone say that ever.
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Is it bollocks. I have never heard anyone say that ever.
    This.
  • Options
    I have teh sex. OMG.