Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

New survey: High or Dry?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Our new survey is up for everyone who's 16 - 25 and in the UK.

If you'd like to share your views on drugs then just click the link below and we'll bung you a £5 Amazon voucher to say thanks :thumb:

http://www.thesite.org/mrIWeb/mrIWeb.dll?I.Project=HIGHORDRYDRUGS

Comments

• Options
    I'm too old :(
  • Options
    Ah, sorry, it's difficult as it's being paid for by specific funding for 16-25 year olds
  • Options
    I'm too old too :(
  • Options
    Im too young
  • Options
    ^^^
    Same.
    Xx
  • Options
    mUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I'm the right age....*checks birth certificate* YEP

done it but all i can say is that i found alot of the questions were very negative about drugs, i know that some drugs completely destroy lifes but then so do cigerates and alchole, so whats the diffrence, if i'd never smoked weed i would have never meet some of my best friends and my life would be completely diffrent, whether better or worse i don't care, i love my life and thats because of my friends! anyway i'm rabblering again so yeah, just some of the questions were really negative and i didn;t really feel that was fair
  • Options
    I like the thought there, that you just have your birth certificate to hand.
    Xx
  • Options
    23 and making the most of it. bwahaha!
  • Options
    I like the thought there, that you just have your birth certificate to hand.
    Xx

i do, its also to prove that i'm human, not an amazingly good looking god thats come down to earth to screw with peoples minds :P
    Thats how amazing i am, i have to do that
  • Options
    curly_boy wrote: »
    i do, its also to prove that i'm human, not an amazingly good looking god thats come down to earth to screw with peoples minds :P
    Thats how amazing i am, i have to do that

You have to do what...? AAAHHH YOU'VE SCREWED MY MIND! BIATCH!
    Xx
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I'm too foreign :p
  • Options
    I'm too foreign :p

I was going to assume I was probably too foreign but you beat me too it!

And I've only got a few months to go before I'll be too old as well. :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

At least I think I still have a pack left of the condoms I once got sent. I might frame it in my living room.
  • Options
    Shall we petition to have an elderly version of thesite created?
  • Options
    my name wrote: »
    Shall we petition to have an elderly version of thesite created?

For the elderly and foreign? I'm in!
  • Options
    Jaloux wrote: »
    For the elderly and foreign? I'm in!

Oh, even better! We can call it thecoolestpeoplessite
  • Options
    my name wrote: »
    Oh, even better! We can call it thecoolestpeoplessite

YES! :shocking:
  • Options
    too old...
  • Options
    i did it as im in the right age range...for 4 more days :p
  • Options
    Done :)
  • Options
    done :)
  • Options
    No Amazon voucher :(

I did the survey yesterday and put in my email address and theres no sign of a £5 amazon voucher :/ and its not in my junk email either.
  • Options
    sugarcult wrote: »
    I did the survey yesterday and put in my email address and theres no sign of a £5 amazon voucher :/ and its not in my junk email either.

it usually takes a few weeks i think. the survey has to close first. but you will get it! then it's a nice surprise i guess
  • Options
    sugarcult wrote: »

:(

Hi Sugarcult, as Clementine mentioned we give out the vouchers when the survey closes - which is about a month. I'm really sorry you feel that wasn't clear, I'll make sure to let the research team know that they should make it more obvious.

As other people will testify, we always send out the vouchers so it's not a con or anything - but we just have to do it as one bulk order otherwise it becomes very difficult to manage it along with other work.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »
    Oh and here's the link to NHS Choices detailed info on Thursh

But embarressing as it is it's a really important thing to get used to using your GP like any other service. A GP is there whenever you've got any concerns, is bound by confidentiality and more importantly will be used to anything you need to talk about.

Once you've been once about something embarressing you'll find that it really doesn't seem as big a problem again.

Wrong Thread? :p
  • Options
    Did you mean for that post to be in here ;)

I think you are wrong though JimV... I think thesite is just a very elaborate scam. You trick people by operating for years and years like any legitimate charity, helping out in countless ways, giving out prizes and gift cards when you say you will, , until one day, you don't give one out. Like the mom and pop shoe fixing store who took all of Seinfelds shoes. GOTCHA BITCH! MWAHAHAHAHAHA.
  • Options
    Oops, I wondered where that reply had gone when I looked back into Lyric's thread, thought I'd forgot to hit send - doh! :)
  • Options
    <- too old here too. Btw, I've been here for nearly 8 years.. aged 24 back then, aged 31 now. Is there a limit to how old you can be on this forum? I'm not like a major poster as such, but I still read here every day and I'm sure a few people see me as familiar, even if just a little bit. The main thing is that I try to post in P&D as little as possible because I can't debate to save my life!
  • Options
    No man, there's no age limit. Sometimes some subjects from some posters might not be appropriate (if you were looking for advice on retirement this probably wouldn't be the best place to get support from) and we'd mention that, but there's no point where someone is too old to post here.

Sometimes if a poster is very young that may create issues as well but as long as people understand the aim of the forum and the nature of the posts then age isn't an issue.

As a charity we are focused on 16-25 year olds, so funders usually provide funding for that specific age group. Where it's money to run a survey they will often make it clear that there needs to be a specific boundary around who can take part.

That's a pain at times but as a community what matters is how continually helpful and supportive you all are, which is what matters to all those people who benefit from our services, regardless of age.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »
    (if you were looking for advice on retirement this probably wouldn't be the best place to get support from)

He's 31, not 61 :lol:

Xx
  • Options
    That was a more general 'you' than just Monserrat :p