Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

annoying little thing...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    When I'm on a training course or in a lecture and there's always that one person who INSISTS on asking questions and jabbering about every little instruction or single tiny thing being said by the lecturer all through the course, even the most obvious stuff, :banghead: unfortunately it's part and parcel of a learning environment, or seems to be for me...
  • Options
    Especially when everyone in the room wants to finish and get away and the only hold up to an early finish is the prick asking questions :P
  • Options
    I had a woman like that. She made a 5 word statement into a half hour long speech. I still remember she rambled on for nearly 10 minutes saying god knows what and the prof finally cuts her off and says oook..... anybody else? As he didn't have a clue either... I say, because that was part of their ideals. Yes.

Small school so she was in every class, I swear I was going to change programs if I saw her again... she graduated last fall :yippe:
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    :yes:

My sister in law had a flatmate who reckoned she was in a band. When pressed, she reckoned it was the Moldy Peaches, who were pretty obscure before Juno came out. Such a shame that we're all big fans of the Moldy Peaches :lol:

Moldy Peaches are great! I love Kimya and Adam's solo stuff too.

I'm slowly turning into a moany old woman but in the high street in Canterbury I swear people cannot walk in straight lines or they just really like barging into me.
  • Options
    Moldy Peaches are great!

I was once banned from listening to Moldy Peaches and got told not to listen to them until I was 18.
    I'm slowly turning into a moany old woman but in the high street in Canterbury I swear people cannot walk in straight lines or they just really like barging into me.

I apologise to anyone for doing this, but it's either not walk in a straight line or not be able to see.:(
  • Options
    but EVERYONE seems to do this in the high street.

ha how come? ohhh I just thought of a lyric 'who am I gonna stick my dick in?' hmmmm :D
  • Options
    Or how about "you gotta have rain to have rainbows; you gotta have dick to have a dick in your mouth".

I never did find out who had the crack though...
  • Options
    When you're on a training day, and it's something really boring. You've been sat there for ages, everyone is dying to leave and then some fucking shit starts asking loads of dumb-ass questions.

When people drive 20mph below the speed limit for no apparent reason.

People who walk out into the middle of the road despite seeing you coming.

Cyclists who decide to use the middle of the road instead of the cycle path that was put there for them.

Cyclists who ride side by side instead of behind one another.

A lot of mine are road themed lol.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    Or how about "you gotta have rain to have rainbows; you gotta have dick to have a dick in your mouth".

This is the reason (well, latter lyrics of the same song) why I was banned from listening to them. Didn't last long though - one year later I was given Rainbows. (He claims it was an accident!)
    ha how come?

When I was 15, a friend of mine was talking to me about them and said "Rainbows is not for you" and I asked if it's because it was rude and got told "yes, very". Few weeks later, downloaded something and ended up downloading Rainbows (Accident, honest!) and got told off. And no-one belived it was an accident... :lol:
  • Options
    I hate it when people moan about not having bottled water! Yes, I think most of us prefer it- but if you were stuck on a island with only a tap *gasp* and no bottled water, I'm sure you wouldn't want to die of thirst!!
    Crying-angel x
  • Options
    I hate it when people moan about not having bottled water! Yes, I think most of us prefer it- but if you were stuck on a island with only a tap *gasp* and no bottled water, I'm sure you wouldn't want to die of thirst!!
    Crying-angel x

I don't really like the taste of bottled water, it tastes all chemically :/
    and i don't like the water 'up north' - my Nan lives in Manchester, and whenever i go and visit, i try not to drink the water, it tastes weird also :s
  • Options
    People who assume Manchester is north! Looking on a map its in the middle of the country :P

Oh and milk cartons that have content amounts in litres, which would be ok if it told me how much pints it was as well, but doesnt!
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    Oh and milk cartons that have content amounts in litres, which would be ok if it told me how much pints it was as well, but doesnt!
    1 litre is about 1.4 pints, according to my (very quickly done) calculations. So you work it out. :p
  • Options
    1.75 surely?
  • Options
    People who assume Manchester is north! Looking on a map its in the middle of the country :P

I would've said it's north... Everything's up north to me, apart from Cornwall though.
  • Options
    - Modern (2000+) R'n'b music that tries to pass as "dance" music. No it isn't. Give me some 4-on-the floor house or some jungle. Or if it has to be R'n'B, then give me something decent from the mid 90s like Brownstone.

- ...when nothing happens in the office for most of the day, then my phone rings 8 times in close sucession. Oh, and when my phone rings at 16:59 from someone with a lengthy query.

- The fact that we're now losing our 3rd summer in a row in England (2007/8/9).

- And the 8-week heatwave in 2006. Just gimme a balanced summer, there's a good boy. 1995 or 2003 will do!

- The fact that I'm still putting on weight but eat less than most people I know. (I'm starting to go to a gym though).

- The fact that Yuuna has taken over Lilo in the new "Stitch!" cartoon series.

- Power cuts. Yes, still get 'em in the C21st.

- The fact that the new fluid for my DMX smoke machine is absolutely shite. But fear not, 20 litres of JEM Pro Smoke is on its way to me!

- One of my "Sims 3" characters getting electocuted the other day, LOL.

- The same song coming up 3 times during random mode in the space of 30 minutes on my MP3 player.

- Holes that started to appear on my brand new £15 t-shirt. Moths or midges maybe?

- How the press handled Michael Jackson. The papers that backed the paedophilia claims are the same papers that are now in mourning. Bunch of hipocrites.

- Having to chuck away my old Sega Gamegear recently, due to a cracked screen.
  • Options

Manchester is 'up north' .... they talk funny :p
    When i was little, i used to say to my mum 'i don't want to move where Nanna is... i'd have to learn the language' LOL
  • Options
    You need to have a trip way up north then, for a proper geordie accent, I think you would be screwed :)
  • Options
    People who tell me how short or young I look and say it as if I'd not noticed ever before.

When people lane hop in traffic on the motorway, especially when they decide they don't need to indicate either.

Whistling, even more so if it's out of tune, lame or in public.

There are a lot more on my list, but I'll stick to these for now!
  • Options
    people who talk soooooo loud on their mobile phones
  • Options
    People who still go right to the back of the bus and play shit music on their tinny arse phone speakers, as if the music wasn't bad enough.
  • Options
    When people who continuously spell a word wrong never take the effort to either 1) Google it, 2) use a Spell Checker or 3) The best choice, bloody learn it.
  • Options
    The fact that less than 24 hours after booking a flight to Hanover and back for just over £100 Air bloody Berlin decides to have a sale and sell the same bloody flights for £24 each way :mad:
  • Options
    People who stare on the bus! I'm not doing anythingggg obscene sheesh
  • Options
    When people take ages at the cashpoint! And half the time they dont even take any money out :mad:

And when you buy a bag of 'big eat' crisps, and the amount in their is actually no different to a normal pack, just full of air.
  • Options

Lol yes - Gah

:yes: I still call them a pint of milk though haha
  • Options
    when oldies glare!! happened in the cathedral and in the supermarket today. not even one little evil but full on laser beams.
  • Options
    people who say and type "should/could/would of" instead of "should/could/would 've". It can't be so hard to make it right. I think some people are doing it on purpose, because many other people are doing it wrongly too.
  • Options
    When people ask "is it a PC or a laptop?"

Well, they can both be PCs, except one is a desktop and one is a laptop. Unless they're Macs of course :-)
  • Options
    Those adverts before big brother starts, they annoy me more than the show!