Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Food you should love but really hate!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Tea and coffee. And walnuts. The worst invention ever is the coffee and walnut cake, whoever invented that was wasting a good cake.
  • Options
    Kat_B wrote: »
    olives. but i really dont think many people like tham that much, they just pretend.

????????????????? ! I am definitely not a pretend olive lover... They rock :yum: Specially black ones... green ones not so much.
  • Options
    Tea and coffee. And walnuts. The worst invention ever is the coffee and walnut cake, whoever invented that was wasting a good cake.

All the more for me :yippe:
  • Options
    Oh god yeh olives. Not a fan.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Mushrooms.

There's only a select few musrooms I'll eat and it isn't for the way they taste.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    olives. but i really dont think many people like tham that much, they just pretend.

:lol:
    You're insane. I love olives. I quite regulally sit and eat one of those pots of them that you can get at the supermarket. :blush:
    YUM!

Also love mushrooms, and I really don't get the hating mushrooms thing. :confused:

The only thing I don't eat is brussel sprouts tbh. Can't think of anything else that I won't eat... Although I'm sure I'll think of something.
    Not keen on peas or beans but they're tollerable and I still eat them.
  • Options

:( :crying:
  • Options
    Olive wrote: »
    :( :crying:

ha! sorry! i was referring specifically to the food, i'm sure people don't just pretend to like you! but an interesting thought nevertheless... ;)
    but i still maintain that most people don't love olives, they just tolerate them because they're kinda the 'in thing'!
  • Options
    Bacon its too thin n really fatty..eww

cant evne pick it up on a fork
  • Options

What?! Ooh i love bacon!! :yum:

Mine would have to be mushrooms as well and coffee, including coffee chocolates and tiramisu. Oh and truffles :yuck:
  • Options

You are clearly not eating the right bacon.
  • Options
    Lu_C wrote: »
    :lol:
    You're insane. I love olives. I quite regulally sit and eat one of those pots of them that you can get at the supermarket. :blush:
    YUM!

Also love mushrooms, and I really don't get the hating mushrooms thing. :confused:

Used to hate Olives....but the missus buys these expensive one's from the market, stuffed with fetta cheese, garlic and chilli. I started munching on them when I was hungry and we had no other food....now I'm quite fond of them. Still wouldn't buy any myself.

I don't get the hating mushrooms thing either, I love them. :yum:
  • Options
    steak/pork/filet/any hunk of meat

The only red meat I like is burger, and only in certian cirmstances, and the rest is just disgusting but apperantly I'm a freak for thinking that.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Used to hate Olives....but the missus buys these expensive one's from the market, stuffed with fetta cheese, garlic and chilli. I started munching on them when I was hungry and we had no other food....now I'm quite fond of them.

Stuffed olives are yummy... But my favourite are the big green ones with pits in.

Last time I went to see my sister in Roma we went to a proper italian restaurant (no tourists) and they had this apitizer of meat stuffed olives, rolled in breadcrumbs and deep fried... It was sooooooooooooooooo good. I want to make some but I've found a recipe and it looks REALLY REALLY fiddly!
  • Options
    Stuffed olives are yummy... But my favourite are the big green ones with pits in.

Last time I went to see my sister in Roma we went to a proper italian restaurant (no tourists) and they had this apitizer of meat stuffed olives, rolled in breadcrumbs and deep fried... It was sooooooooooooooooo good. I want to make some but I've found a recipe and it looks REALLY REALLY fiddly!

I'd eat that, make me some :D
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    I love mushrooms and olives. :yum:

I can't stand the texture or taste of either avocado or stuffed vine leaves (dolma) :yuck:

I'm a faux veggie, but don't claim to dislike meat in general. What I can't bear though is offal (sp?)
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote: »
    I'd eat that, make me some :D

I'll make you some then... Although I may eat them all myself. Chefs prerogative. :p

TOFU!!!

That is something I can't stand.

Also hate anything 'ready made'... My mum gets annoyed sometimes if she gets a mircowave meal cos I just think they are absolutly horrible and usually throw mine away. Even the good quality ones.

And I don't like ready made sauces either. Really can't stand them.
  • Options
    I love food coffee+walnut cake is yummy.I hate fresh tomatoes olives anchovies :yuck:
  • Options
    any type of tomatoes make me vom

and jelly too
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    Rhubarb makes me gag

That's because rhubarb is the spawn of the devil.

Lactose rich foods make me sick. But that's pretty much it.

Oh, and I don't like nuts in things. I like them on their own, but not in stuff, it confuses my jaw - so not in bread, chocolate, cakes etc.

And mexican food is wrong too.
  • Options

And mexican food is wrong too.

Nachos??!!! :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Char_Baby wrote: »
    and jelly too

That's a good point, I can't stand jelly. I had to eat it when I was in hospital and I was literally gagging. :sour:
  • Options
    That's a good point, I can't stand jelly. I had to eat it when I was in hospital and I was literally gagging. :sour:

WHAT ARE YOU MAD?!

jellys great!!!!1
  • Options
    WHAT ARE YOU MAD?!

jellys great!!!!1

It's awful! It just has no taste whatsoever and its like swallowing slime. Yeuch!
  • Options
    I've decided i'm a bit of a porker really when it comes to food as i'll eat most things. There's probably only a few tastes that i don't like and they've already been mentioned on here :)
    Avocado, olives, coffee, stuffed vine leaves and my main hate Celery. :yuck:
  • Options
    It's awful! It just has no taste whatsoever and its like swallowing slime. Yeuch!

I didn't like jelly... but then I started making my own, which is much better. Try something alcoholic like port and grape jelly, or a sauternes and summer fruit one. Much nicer :)
  • Options
    Marzipan is the wrongest thing in the world.
  • Options
    I love mushrooms, but HATE onions....

I like onion flavoured things thou, it's just the texture (which is wierd, cuz mushrooms are kinda the same texture...)

and bananas? yuk! and yuk to avacado also! lol
  • Options
    Marzipan is the wrongest thing in the world.

agree :yes:

I also reeally dislike mango. A girl was eating it next to me on the bus this morning and I couldnt even look at her :yuck:
    Oh and sardines and achovies. eurgh
  • Options
    probably doesnt apply but i hate champagne!