Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Food you should love but really hate!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone have a food type they cannot stand that everyone else seems to love? Or is supposed to be amazingly good for you, but you just can't stomach it?

Mine is bananas, can't stand the things - make me want to throw up :sour:

Comments

• Options
    Mushrooms.
  • Options
    z0ma wrote: »
    Does anyone have a food type they cannot stand that everyone else seems to love? Or is supposed to be amazingly good for you, but you just can't stomach it?

Mine is bananas, can't stand the things - make me want to throw up :sour:

:yes:

I can eat them with things (in a salad, on weetabix etc), but on their own they make me gag.
  • Options
    Parsnips.

They're horrible.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    Mushrooms.

same, they smell so good frying but eurgh
  • Options
    Spinach, caviar and mushrooms
  • Options
    I was wondering about putting caviar, but couldn't be bothered coming across as more pretentious than people probably already think I am...

Just can't get over the whole 'fish eggs' thing, even if it does cost more than a Thai bride :lol: Same with escargot... Urgh. Snails.
  • Options
    Fish

I know its good for me and i should eat it but i just cant' bring myself to =- the same with bananas (being force fed lots as a child) and milk which i've never liked ever - i sometimes force down a hot chocolate though but only if its reallllly chocolaty.
  • Options
    Mushrooms!
  • Options
    Lots of people here not liking mushrooms and/or bananas - is it a texture thing as well as taste?

For me it's mackerel. I know oily fish is good for you and that, but dear dog, the smell :sour:
  • Options
    go_away wrote: »
    Lots of people here not liking mushrooms and/or bananas - is it a texture thing as well as taste?

:yes:

I don't like either, but I will eat both if they are chopped into the smallest pieces imaginable and mixed with other stuff. I'll also eat dried bananas and raw mushrooms cause they don't have the texture issue!
  • Options
    I will eat mushroom soup at a push. Can't stand them raw either. It's a taste and texture thing for me, but i love the smell of them cooking!
  • Options
    i hate mushrooms :yuck: my boyfriend loves them but i just cannot stand the taste, smell or texture. eww.

i also hate fish. i occasionally eat a bit of cod but thats it.

i also hate eggs although ive never actually eaten a egg. the look of eggs and the smell of eggs puts me off though.

i hate mayonnaise too.
  • Options
    go_away wrote: »

It's mostly the texture. Eugh slimy gross. I don't mind it chopped up and in stuff, like in spag bol or something, but eugh eugh eugh on their own.
  • Options
    How about breaded mushrooms then?

I love mushrooms :D
  • Options
    Smoked salmon and prawns, and crab and lobster :yuck:
  • Options
    olives. but i really dont think many people like tham that much, they just pretend.
  • Options
    Rhubarb makes me gag
  • Options
    Kat_B wrote: »
    olives. but i really dont think many people like tham that much, they just pretend.
    Haha I totally agree. I don't get how anyone can like them :yuck:.
  • Options
    Pizza.
  • Options
    Olives. Yuck.
  • Options
    peas
    eww
  • Options
    Mushrooms, bananas, shellfish, lamb.

I hate milk, will eat most other dairy products but wont touch milk on its own. Apprently I used to hate it even when I was a baby.
  • Options
    milk...never been able to drink the stuff...

and egg whites in boiled and fried eggs
  • Options
    mushrooms and foie gras
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote: »
    How about breaded mushrooms then?

I love mushrooms :D

Same. :yum:

I fucking hate Coconut and everything to do with it! Coconut slices, coconut sprinkles, stuff with coconut in, Pina Colada, Malibu....hate, hate, HATE it all.

Only exceptions are things like Thai curry's, which have coconut milk in them.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Mushrooms and eggs.
  • Options
    I'd love to like curry, but I can't finish a single curry dish. It's just not mine, but man it smells so good.
  • Options
    Onions, vile, vile things. Can eat it if it's chopped up small in bolognese and suchlike but otherwise they make me want to throw up.
  • Options
    A friend of mine is actually mushroom phobic. She couldn't touch the main course of her wedding breakfast because it was chicken with mushrooms (I think she made up for it by eating a couple of desserts!)
  • Options
    I love most food really. But squidgy fish things I'm not fond off (prawns etc. - but I love kipper and salmon which are supposed to be 'strong'), parsnips no, sweet potato no, cucumber don't really like, and I'm not the biggest fan of bacon either.

The one thing I have an *issue* with though is almonds. Sometimes I'm ok, but sometimes if something has a strong taste of almond oil it's almost like a psychological problem, I can feel the blood drain from my face in dread and I will just feel utterly, utterly ill and sick immediately. If I can't taste it (like, in cakes) it's fine tho I think. Like sweets that have almond oil. I feel sick just thinking about it...