Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What are your recent Facebook friends' statuses?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Go to http://facebook.com/friends/ and copy/paste the most recent statuses, taking their names off ideally...

S thinks surely there's more happening than the economic crisis? Media needs to stop depressing the nation! Im taking a permanent vacation!!!
Updated via Facebook Mobile 4 minutes ago

C is at a political reception with Philip Hammond MP.
9 minutes ago - via Twitter

M is down and struggling to come back up again.
11 minutes ago

S is back from Brasil and looking forward to next yrs trip to Morro de Sao Paolo!!
17 minutes ago

N wonders what the difference is between a scouser and the bailout?.. Neither will ever work.
Updated via Facebook Mobile 31 minutes ago

L ransub90inthemelbournehalfmarathoniamfast.
about an hour ago

H has a LOT of goals to achieve this week :)
about an hour ago

D is just produced his 1st 35mm film. now happy, pooped, poor and unemployed.
about an hour ago

K is excited about meeting Kevin Spacey tomorrow!
2 hours ago

B is just too busy being fabulous.
2 hours ago

R doesn't know if you've heard, but he is a kind of a big deal around here!
3 hours ago

Comments

• Options
    I really cant be arsed.
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote: »
    I really cant be arsed.
    :lol:

sure post of the week
  • Options
    It'll take forever to quote all of them, so I'll just list the latest five;

S is missing someone.
    E has the 'lack of sleep' syndrome.
    K hopes its all in her heaaaddddd.
    A is gonna make sumat to eat... even tho I'm tired... :D.
    H thinks you're so vain, I bet you think this comments about you.

And mine...
    Danny seems to be the only person in the world who likes Mondays. Though it might be something to do with the fact I'm not working on this one...
  • Options
    :lol:

sure post of the week
    Its fair, takes a minute to edit out everyone's name, but interested to see what different statuses are in different parts of the country / social circles! :)
  • Options
    Someone remind why people care so much about facebook?
  • Options
    it wasn't any reflection on your post, it was just that he was kinda being ironic that he could be bothered to post that he couldn't be bother but not the fackbook thing...
  • Options
    My life is infinitely better because of it. All social events like birthday parties in one handy place, and you can see which of your friends are attending/not which may influence your choice. Getting to stay in touch with people you like but it'd normally be hard with hectic lives / people in different places in the world/life. Networking/potential dating - getting to know more about people's likes/dislikes so could accelerate two people getting together - whether dating, a business relationship etc. Keeping up to date with what your friends/acquaintances are doing - engagements, babies, moving to your city. No doubt my life would be a lot worse if not for Facebook, same applies to anyone with a wide net of acquaintances rather than just 5 close friends, where normally it'd be difficult to stay in touch.
  • Options
    If anyone on this website claims to have 20,000 friends on Facebook or something stupid like that, I will have to have them killed. That's the one thing about FB which pisses me off.

And I'm probably the only person on the planet who likes the new layout on it. :p
  • Options
    H is thinking being poor and staying in isn't so bad when you have Dexter, True Blood and baby tortoises.

R enjoyed a superb weekend of comedy and Soulswitch.

A is thinking sunny beaches and cocktails!!!!

A is looking for a free or very cheap Loft bed.....

R is a hardcore chilli lover.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    If anyone on this website claims to have 20,000 friends on Facebook or something stupid like that, I will have to have them killed. That's the one thing about FB which pisses me off.
    I have a few thousand, and they're all friends/acquaintances in real life. Easy to meet lots of people like that if you go out a lot and have different sets of friends (school, uni, work, friends of friends etc). Don't see why its a problem to have lots of acquaintances as opposed to 30 close 'friends' only.
  • Options
    dunc2008 wrote: »
    I have a few thousand, and they're all friends/acquaintances in real life. Easy to meet lots of people like that if you go out a lot and have different sets of friends (school, uni, work, friends of friends etc). Don't see why its a problem to have lots of acquaintances as opposed to 30 close 'friends' only.
    A few thousand? How the hell do you have enough time to see them all? Do you know what all of these are currently getting up to in their lives? Somehow, I doubt it...
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    A few thousand? How the hell do you have enough time to see them all? Do you know what all of these are currently getting up to in their lives? Somehow, I doubt it...
    Err, of course I don't see all of them, given we're all over the world. About half are in my current city, a lot are in the towns I went to school / 6th form, some scattered across the country, others doing MBAs in America, some working out in Hong Kong, Dubai etc. Which is precisely what Facebook's great for, if I pop over to New York for a week I can msg the 20 people I know there who I've not seen for a while. Generally I spend my time in London and the cities I grew up where many of my friends still are.. at a typical birthday bash there can easily be 30-50 of my friends turn up, so in fact yes I do actually get to see the vast majority of my network within 6-9 month periods. And yes am pretty clued up what most of them are up to from the Friends statuses/updates page, except a handful I'm not that close with who never use it.
  • Options
    I don't give a fuck.
  • Options
    I have 27,685,003 friends. All their statuses say "Simba T Lion is my world"

I enjoy stalking people.
  • Options

Seconded.

The purpose of FB to me is an online address book for friends and family. Nothing more than that.
  • Options
    I have 41 friends on Facebook, i speak to 4 of them.
    A (Real) friend of mine has 324 friends on Facebook, he speaks to 4 of them.

I use it because its easier than sending emails, but ifi want to say something private i generally use email, the problem thereis some supersmart systems block any hotmail address that sends 2 emails :yeees:

You have 37 (lil) green patch requests. is the reason i have kept facebook, i collect annoying requests to install mods! I once had 107 'friends for sale' invites :D
  • Options
    I just have Facebook to satisfy my vanity, speak to my mates in France, hassle a few sad acts from here :razz: and just to do my nosy on an ex or two.
  • Options
    Monserrat wrote: »
    The purpose of FB to me is an online address book for friends and family. Nothing more than that.

Ditto. Most of the time I couldn't give a toss what my friends' statuses are, so don't understand why someone on here who doesn't even know my friends would care. If I want to know how my friends are feeling or what they're up to, I'll ask.

The one thing I do like about FB is that it reminds me of people's birthdays (but to be honest, I'll probably remember the important ones anyway because they're my friends) :thumb:
  • Options
    I like Facefoook, don't use any of the applications anymore but to see what everyones up to from school etc. like having kids, getting married and everything is good.

T is off 4 a power nap!!9 minutes ago

M What ever amigo. 18 minutes ago

L thinks A and L shud shag and get it ova with. ha ha.23 minutes ago

M is off t rega good night and god bless se ya when i get bk.31 minutes ago

A thinks L should pull his finger(s) out of fetch's arse!!!33 minutes ago

H can't wait to get amsterdamaged next month.....oooh sensai.39 minutes ago
  • Options
    Pringle wrote: »
    Ditto. Most of the time I couldn't give a toss what my friends' statuses are, so don't understand why someone on here who doesn't even know my friends would care.
    Just a bit of fun, don't think its a serious thing of "Ooooo I wonder what so-n-so's mates statuses are" Jeez if you don't care don't reply!
  • Options
    Facebook is good in some ways, but I wouldn't say it's made my life "infinitely better" - ever so slightly sad if you don't have anything to enrich your life apart from a social networking website.

I'm curious if this is just another excuse to post friend counts / importance of one's friends. Like with the shag count.

[/dubious]
  • Options
    you're a fuckin weirdo mate
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I have 27,685,003 friends. All their statuses say "Simba T Lion is my world"

I enjoy stalking people.

I know mine does.

Even though you never added me back. I e-cry :(
  • Options
    Facebook is good in some ways, but I wouldn't say it's made my life "infinitely better" - ever so slightly sad if you don't have anything to enrich your life apart from a social networking website.

I'm curious if this is just another excuse to post friend counts / importance of one's friends. Like with the shag count.

[/dubious]
    Its not that I don't have anything to enrich my life, its just my life is so much better because of its existence - knowing when everyone's birthday is, being able to know which friends are likely to attend every party and thus if its worth going, keeping in touch with people easier, knowing what people are up to and where in the world they are if I happen to be there too etc. Over the summer I was in Los Angeles, checked my Facebook and saw a friend was coincidentally also on holiday there, so we partied. Thanks Facebook.

As for "another excuse to post friend counts / importance of one's friends", funny that I just posted a simple question, just like one of those "copy / write the last 10 things...." fun threads, just for fun, whereas it was people like YOU who then hijacked the thread into a discussion on Facebook's merits / weaknesses. I never said that having thousands of acquaintances is in any way better to just having 10 close friends.
  • Options
    J is thinking that's sounding way to much like Tinkler now
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Haha - its funny cos its true....
  • Options
    About time... Surely you guys can see the IP addresses anyway?
  • Options
    I'm afraid IP's aren't as obvious as you would think
  • Options
    I was going to wirte that but I used the report post button like a good girl :grump:
  • Options
    I don't use facebook anymore cos I can't work the new one :grump: