Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Gents toilets

I know it sounds an odd one, by why do men still have to piss into what is basically a plumbed in bucket hanging from the wall?

Am I the only one who wants a little privacy when I pee?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I always use a cubicle.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Don't worryt mate. It's not the size of the ship, it's all about the motion in the ocean. :p

Seriously though. I don't care. 20 seconds and I've finished. Infact it's so covienient I woulnd't anything else changed.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    Don't worryt mate. It's not the size of the ship, it's all about the motion in the ocean. :p .

I've not had any complaints about either the size of the ship or its motion.
    Seriously though. I don't care. 20 seconds and I've finished. Infact it's so covienient I woulnd't anything else changed.

Fair enough, I just think its pretty scummy, especially when you think the urine produces an aerosol which hovers in the air.
  • Options
    Don't worryt mate. It's not the size of the ship, it's all about the motion in the ocean. :p

:lol:

Nah, I'm all good there. I just can't piss at a urinal unless I'm hammered or reaching critical mass. Dunno why.
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    I know it sounds an odd one, by why do men still have to piss into what is basically a plumbed in bucket hanging from the wall?

Am I the only one who wants a little privacy when I pee?

Trying for a new quote of the week?:D
  • Options
    I for one thank the heavens for urinals every time I'm out.

There can be few worse things in life than needing to pee and having to queue for ages every single time you're in a busy public place (pub, concert, motorway service station, etc etc), like the ladies are forced to do.

If I were a woman I wouldn't put out with it and demand urinals in the ladies'. It can be done, I've seen it on TV :p
  • Options
    Convenience isn't it? Especially after a few pints you just want to whip it out and release. :thumb:
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Convenience isn't it? Especially after a few pints you just want to whip it out and release. :thumb:

Same goes for walls/bushes/lamposts
  • Options
    I wonder if they'll ever come up with a female version :lol:
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »
    I wonder if they'll ever come up with a female version :lol:

They already have.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Fair enough, I just think its pretty scummy, especially when you think the urine produces an aerosol which hovers in the air.

Blokes pissing and missing in a normal toilet is scummy.

When I'm out and see the girls in line for the toilets I understand why we're the superior sex,, it's because we evolved to do it standing up.

Serioulsy though, a bit of a stink is worth it for the convenience and privacy doesn't even feature into my thoughts when I'm in my own little world of pleasure that relieving myself brings. :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote: »
    I for one thank the heavens for urinals every time I'm out.

There can be few worse things in life than needing to pee and having to queue for ages every single time you're in a busy public place (pub, concert, motorway service station, etc etc), like the ladies are forced to do.

If I were a woman I wouldn't put out with it and demand urinals in the ladies'. It can be done, I've seen it on TV :p

:lol: I'm a classy girl and just go into the blokes if the queues for the women's are too long. :blush:
  • Options
    I've always been baffled by the fact that men piss right next to each other
  • Options
    kangoo wrote: »
    I've always been baffled by the fact that men piss right next to each other
    That's because we're not afraid of our sexuality and have no problem exposing our genitals to each other :p
  • Options
    When I'm out and see the girls in line for the toilets I understand why we're the superior sex,, it's because we evolved to do it standing up.

A land with more marvels and monuments that defy description than any other. With manners and customs that in most ways are completely opposite to those of other peoples. Women go to the marketplace to sell goods, while men stay home to weave cloth; men carry loads on their heads, while women bear them on their shoulders and women urinate standing up, men sitting down.

On Egypt - Herodotus "The Histories" - 5th Century BC

(paraphrased a bit but goes to show, the world's a strange old place and always has been ;) )
  • Options
    Having read this thread, I've just noticed that I need to go for a piss. I'll be right back. :p
  • Options
    Kazbo wrote: »
    :lol: I'm a classy girl and just go into the blokes if the queues for the women's are too long. :blush:
    I do the same thing :thumb:

I just feel it's so absurd to queue for ages if there are empty stalls on the next door.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Having read this thread, I've just noticed that I need to go for a piss.

You pissed in your pants??? Dirty, dirty boy! :lol:
  • Options
    Fair enough, it seems I'm the only one who finds the whole process fairly scummy. Granted its easy, and quick - but then wetting yourself has those advantages too.
  • Options
    Blokes pissing and missing in a normal toilet is scummy.

Quite.

Someone at my work place where supposedly educated professionals do their daily grind seems to be incapable of directing piss into a bowl or lifting a seat, and instead thinks it's acceptable to just piss all over the loo seat in the cubicle. Fucking knob-end.

I don't use them much myself, but I'm quite thankful for urinals for that reason, because if we didn't have them no doubt the cubical seats would be permanently covered.
  • Options

Although, on the aerosol line, I believe urinals are higher than toilet bowls, so you should get less aerosol effect from peeing into a urinal than you would from peeing into a toilet bowl from standing....
  • Options
    Mist wrote: »
    Quite.

Someone at my work place where supposedly educated professionals do their daily grind seems to be incapable of directing piss into a bowl or lifting a seat, and instead thinks it's acceptable to just piss all over the loo seat in the cubicle. Fucking knob-end.

I don't use them much myself, but I'm quite thankful for urinals for that reason, because if we didn't have them no doubt the cubical seats would be permanently covered.
    A bar owner in Madrid, fed up with the inevitable pools of piss that can be found around a toilet seat due to blokes missing, put ping-pong balls in the toilets. Since then the amount of piss on the floor was reduced to almost nothing, as every bloke taking a leak would amuse himself by trying to hit the ball and making it roll on the water :D
  • Options
    A bar owner in Madrid, fed up with the inevitable pools of piss that can be found around a toilet seat due to blokes missing, put ping-pong balls in the toilets. Since then the amount of piss on the floor was reduced to almost nothing, as every bloke taking a leak would amuse himself by trying to hit the ball and making it roll on the water :D

Amsterdam airport have painted flys on their urinals to help blokes with their aim. Its tragic really that some men still cant use a toilet properly.
  • Options

i wonder if it works for seven year olds? I might have to get some for this house
  • Options
    nice when they get smeared with shit though, and itll be me having to fish it out with a rubber glove
  • Options
    nice when they get smeared with shit though, and itll be me having to fish it out with a rubber glove

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options

:lol:

Saying that tho I went in a toilet in one place that had little rubber targets (looked like archery ones) in the urinals.

I think I would have racked up a good score if someone was keeping count that night! :D
  • Options
    Although, on the aerosol line, I believe urinals are higher than toilet bowls, so you should get less aerosol effect from peeing into a urinal than you would from peeing into a toilet bowl from standing....

I dont really mind the urinal as such, I just dont like using it with an audience. A urinal in a cubical would be fine, even without a door.
  • Options
    Virtually all loos have cubicles - useful for people wanting to take a shit, but you can close the door and use them for a pee as well