Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

My boyfriend is a loser...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
...and won't go anywhere abroad for holidays. Scared of flying, sailing, Eurostar etc. So where's good in the UK for holiday? He also doesn't like theme parks so my fabulous Alton Towers idea went straight out the window.
We want somewhere cheap and cheerful, with some things to do although we aren't too fussed what. Oh, and in July please :D
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    The lake district is nice.

Wales has beautiful spots.

Or dump him and go with someone else.
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    Or dump him and go with someone else.

Spot on :thumb:
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    How can you be scared of the Eurostar - deary me!

For a long term holiday in the UK You'll be struggling, how about a series of day trips bit like a roadtrip?
  • Options
    Keep at him and he will give in! My fella doesn't like theme parks or flying either but I have got my way and we are off to Lanzarote next month now! Think he felt bad because we had to stay in the UK last year, maybe you will get your way next year! x
  • Options
    Any man who doesnt want to go to the zoo, deserves to be dumped.
  • Options
    Do you like walking? I'm really into the idea of walking the route of Hadrian's Wall one day (it'll take a week or so, from Carlisle to Newcastle).
  • Options
    One of the best holidays I remember was Centre Parcs..the one in Elveden, Suffolk :)

I'm sooo scared about flying but my boyfriend is making me this summer to go to France so can understand why he is scared. But I see why you want him to try things out..like the Eurostar. Is he always this nervous about travelling or do you think it's just an excuse for staying in the UK? :chin:
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    Do you like walking? I'm really into the idea of walking the route of Hadrian's Wall one day (it'll take a week or so, from Carlisle to Newcastle).

might steal this idea
  • Options
    I was thinking adventure park place, not rides but climbing walls, canoeing, zip slides, all that malarkly.
  • Options
    One of the best holidays I remember was Centre Parcs..the one in Elveden, Suffolk :)

I'm sooo scared about flying but my boyfriend is making me this summer to go to France so can understand why he is scared. But I see why you want him to try things out..like the Eurostar. Is he always this nervous about travelling or do you think it's just an excuse for staying in the UK? :chin:

:grump:
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    might steal this idea
    Yay! I really want to do it but I need to buy a tent first.
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    How can you be scared of the Eurostar - deary me!

I know....

lacrymosa wrote: »
    He sounds like a right wimp! How can you be scared of the Eurostar? Is he scared of sitting in a car too?

Pretty much :grump:

Thanks for the ideas guys. Clementine, I looked at Center Parcs but it's quite pricey :( I went once before when I was about 10 and loved it though!
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    Yay! I really want to do it but I need to buy a tent first.

If you time it right with the weather I'm sure you could get away with a cheapo ten pound tent from tesco couldn't you?
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    :grump:

Well it's a first step. See I'm inching closer and closer to Austria!
  • Options
    Well it's a first step. See I'm inching closer and closer to Austria!

:yippe: