Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Im in so much pain, please help!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey all

i went out saturday night and tryed MDMA properly for the first time, i didnt really know how much i should take and decided to bung a medium sized bit in a rizla and bomb it. anyway, the effect blew my head off, i was completley and utterly off my face, of course i enjoyed it :D but where i took to much than i proberly should have my jaw went mental and i ended up chewing up the inside of my cheeks real nasty :nervous:

When i woke up the nest morning i had a HUGE swelling on one side of my face about the size of a golf ball and the insides of my cheeks were coated in a white film... it didnt actually hurt so much then but now all the white stuff has come off and its red raw. the swelling has gone down but it stings so much. my job involves alot of talking on the phone and i was almost in tears 2day at work becuase it was huring me so much. eating is so hard to...

i know its all my own fault and i should suffer the consiquences of taking drugs but it was my first time on MDMA and i didnt not realise that i was going to get so fucked.

Does anybody have any tips to try and make it heal quicker and take the pain away? iv been putting bonjella on but it dont seem to work :(

Thanks x

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i would take ibuprofen to reduce the swelling, maybe arnica 30 or arnica 200 for healing.
    oh shit one!....sorry i really can't help...ill just give u sympathy instead and it will go away!:yuck:
    Don't know really, sorry.

Try ice lollies, cold things, like that.

Good luck anyway and at least you'll know for next time not to eat so much in one go.
    maybe get some aloe vera juice (holland and barrett?) and gargle with it
    aloe vera is excellent for soothing and healing
    pineapple is good for healing mouth and throat too. You'll be glad to hear that the mouth is one of the fastest healing places on the body so, gargle with some sea salt water and it'll soon right itself anyway.
    hey

thanks 4 all ur comments.. all the shops are shut now so am gunna have to stick with my bonjella and try and find something ediable for dinner, im thinking mashed jaxket potato with tuna mayo, or soup.

I have been taking ibuprofen all day and am gunna pop another 2 half hour b4 dinner.. :(

xxx
    katralla wrote: »
    pineapple is good for healing mouth and throat too. You'll be glad to hear that the mouth is one of the fastest healing places on the body so, gargle with some sea salt water and it'll soon right itself anyway.

yes somebody else suggest salt water, i had to tell them i had an ulser tho, didnt really wanna admit i was off my face on mdma :nervous:

I tried it and it stung but i dont care, im going to continue doing it, i dont have sea salt though, just table salt. x
    I think table salt is fine too. Boil some water, mix in the salt, leave to cool, gargle.
    dont swallow it though or youll go mad
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    pineapple is good for healing mouth and throat too.

Are you serious?

i ate a whole pineapple when I was about 10 and it fucked my mouth up well an truely.

ETA just researched it and found that
    Pineapple contains enzymes that are often used as ?tenderisers? for fatty meats (such as gammon). These enzymes will attack the site of the ulcer and increase the problem and pain.

They cause ulcers too, due to it's acidity.
    Weekender Offender 
    SCC: really?

Skive: pineapple has antiseptic qualities though, no? and anti-inflamatory and are really good for healing.

loads of links on google but http://bouldernaturallabs.com/benefits-bromelain-pineapple.html
    SCC: really?

Skive: pineapple has antiseptic qualities though, no? and anti-inflamatory and are really good for healing.

loads of links on google but http://bouldernaturallabs.com/benefits-bromelain-pineapple.html

It can cause canker ulcers apparently and is not a good remsedy for mouth ulcers because it's so acidic.

If she's got sprains, strains, cuts, bruises, insect bits, joint pain, muscle pain, sinusitis, or arthritis in his gob then yes maybe it woudl be a good idea. :p
    Weekender Offender 
    she has cuts in her mouth from chewing on drugs, it's not really an ulcer, she just said that to explain it to someone without mentioning the drugs.
    she has cuts in her mouth from chewing on drugs, it's not really an ulcer, she just said that to explain it to someone without mentioning the drugs.

MDMA makes you chew and results in ulcers. I've had plenty myself.

Pinaapple contains a enzyme that good for tenderising meat, and it's seriously acidic. I fail to see how that'll help.

http://au.health.yahoo.com/041101/25/1ubw.html?r=96750740%7C5
    Anything that disturbs the natural ecology of the mouth can be suspect, e.g., pineapple juice because of its acidic nature.

http://www.bcadvisor.com/forums/breast-cancer/492-mouth-sores-pineapple-and-toothpaste.html
    Please remember that mouth sores are basically small ulcers. For many people, anything acidic like pineapple or citrus can irritate the sore and cause it to become worse.

http://www.dentist.net/canker-sore-article.asp
    Many find that acidic food and drink such as orange, pineapple, and tomato cause, and irritate mouth ulcers.
    Weekender Offender 
    Lenny got a really sore mouth yesterday from eating pineapple, he was crying. I wouldnt use it as a remedy for any sort of sore mouth tbh
    i bought some stuff from tesco last week when my tooth was killing me.
    its called oragel, similafr to bonjela but well and truely numbs everything.
    oooh this has turned in2 a debate about pinapples lol...

the pain is still baaaadddd :(:(:( im so gald the swelling has gone down now though x
    pineapples dont like me :(
    the pain got so bad i had to get an emergancy appointment at the doctors :( it turns ou the cut got infected and now i have to take antibiotics for a whole week :mad:

im glad something is getting done about it though, im hardley getting any sleep becuase of the pain. xxx
    Given the size of the wound I'm surprised no one suggested you go down to your GP.
    Yeah this is a GP one; don't worry about recriminations, if you tell your GP you took MDMA they won't shop you, although on this evidence they may strongly suggest you don't do it again. Strongly urge you to get this checked out.
    ±Lover± wrote: »
    Hey all

i went out saturday night and tryed MDMA properly for the first time, i didnt really know how much i should take and decided to bung a medium sized bit in a rizla and bomb it. anyway, the effect blew my head off, i was completley and utterly off my face, of course i enjoyed it :D but where i took to much than i proberly should have my jaw went mental and i ended up chewing up the inside of my cheeks real nasty :nervous:

When i woke up the nest morning i had a HUGE swelling on one side of my face about the size of a golf ball and the insides of my cheeks were coated in a white film... it didnt actually hurt so much then but now all the white stuff has come off and its red raw. the swelling has gone down but it stings so much. my job involves alot of talking on the phone and i was almost in tears 2day at work becuase it was huring me so much. eating is so hard to...

i know its all my own fault and i should suffer the consiquences of taking drugs but it was my first time on MDMA and i didnt not realise that i was going to get so fucked.

Does anybody have any tips to try and make it heal quicker and take the pain away? iv been putting bonjella on but it dont seem to work :(

Thanks x

Yeah it's a bitch the next day, lasts for about a week and its difficult to eat and enjoy food! My experience tells me, the only thing you can do really is ride it out with a few pain killers. i.e. Bonjela and Salt water.
    ±Lover± wrote: »
    the pain got so bad i had to get an emergancy appointment at the doctors :( it turns ou the cut got infected and now i have to take antibiotics for a whole week :mad:

im glad something is getting done about it though, im hardley getting any sleep becuase of the pain. xxx

Fuck! That must have been one hell of a gurn!

Sorry don't really have much advice, only sympathy like others...I've had loads of swellings and cuts all round my mouth before which were sore as fuck due to gurning, so I can only imagine how much pain you must be in!
    I always chew the same part of my face, the middle bit of the inside of my bottom lip, so I always know to expect a big swelling there in the morning. ;)