Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

This Cannot Be Real....

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think the point really is a pupply is completely helpless and defenseless, there is no reason at all why anyone would do that, if they felt the need to they could atleast do it quickly. Personally if a solider in my command did that, i shoot his balls off
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    i watched it, i feel horrible now. Fucking sick cunt i hope he actually dies, seriously, i hope an insurgent holds him over a cliff, shrugs and then drops him and watches the blood and his head cracks open over a sharp rock.

Nah, the thing about (sadly) these terrorists is they go for the nice, quick easy death - beheading. Or they just shoot you.

Odly enough, thier prisoners get better treatment than women. Odd as fuck...

I don't care what arguments are put here, as far as I am concerned, thier is NO excuse for animal cruelty.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote: »
    Nah, the thing about (sadly) these terrorists is they go for the nice, quick easy death - beheading. Or they just shoot you.

Odly enough, thier prisoners get better treatment than women. Odd as fuck...

I wonder how you know this? :chin:

Is gerbil writing this from Afghanistan?
  • Options
    i showed the video to my housemate this evening and she laughed :eek2:

she said she just found it funny. even went on to say that she could imagine doing that to her dog. im hoping she was kidding, but when i look back at it im pretty sure she wasnt :eek:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    I wonder how you know this? :chin:

Is gerbil writing this from Afghanistan?

YES. Yes, I am.
  • Options
    I think they found the dog dead and decided to film throwing it over a cliff for shock value.

It seems a bit rich, to me at least, for people to be crying out about the inhumanity of the alleged killing of a dog, and then in the same breath giving graphic accounts of what they'd like to see happen to the soldier.

Comparisons between being a carnivore and killing puppies are fucking ridiculous as well.
  • Options
    They may have ate the puppy later...
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I tell you what is sad. The fact one puppy dog going over a cliff in causes more upset than the reprts of considerably higher human loss in Iraq and Afganistan.

I remember on here somebody once saying they only give money to homeless people with dogs because they feel sorry for the dog. What the fuck is all that about?

Namaste wrote: »
    I don't really see that guy as any different to people who hunt for sport.

Than you clearly don't understand that hunting's not purely about taking pleasure in the death and suffering of an animal. I don't go shooting or fishing half as much as I used to, but I can tell you it has never been about taking pleasure from the death of an animal.
    Hunting is a selfish sport, but it's not done for cruelty.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    It seems a bit rich, to me at least, for people to be crying out about the inhumanity of the alleged killing of a dog, and then in the same breath giving graphic accounts of what they'd like to see happen to the soldier.

Comparisons between being a carnivore and killing puppies are fucking ridiculous as well.

Word.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Originally Posted by CptCoatHanger

Difference is, the poor little puppy did fuck all wrong, the soldier did
  • Options
    Thats not nice..
  • Options
    It's the innocence, that animal had no agenda, no problem with anything, it was just being held in his hand wondering what's going on, then for his own evil amusement he throws it off a cliff.

It's a terrible terrible sin to kill something so innocent for his own amusement, surely you can see that.

Word.
  • Options
    It's the innocence, that animal had no agenda, no problem with anything, it was just being held in his hand wondering what's going on, then for his own evil amusement he throws it off a cliff.

It's a terrible terrible sin to kill something so innocent for his own amusement, surely you can see that.

And a lot of the people that die in Iraq, Afganistan and toher war zones arn't innocent? Bullshit!

You've show more passion about a little dog getting thrown off a cliff than you show about the constant loss of inncocent human life in these conflicts. Wakey fucking wakey mate!

I'm not defending this bloke but what he did pales in comparrison to whats happening to some of the poeple that live in these areas.

Then you call for some terrible things to happen this bloke. That's fucked up.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Not that I have an axe to grind, but I am a meat-eater so feel a bit defensive by this comment - you have mentioned similar things in the past. Do you think eating meat equates to animal cruelty? Just for clarification, thanks :)
    I don't want to derail the thread so if any body wants to discuss this further IM me.

If you look at it objectively... The means is to make an animal suffer or die and the end is pleasure, then yes, they are the same. Unless of course you have nowt else to eat (and individually I have no issue with what people eat, I am far from perfect).

But horses for courses.

Now if you're talking mentally, people don't eat meat with the intent of getting pleasure from an animal's suffering, they eat it because they like the taste of animal flesh. That man threw the puppy off a cliff and got pleasure from killing it for fun. It's a different kick...

However, from what I know of the USA and without the intent to stereotype, isn't hunting for sport pretty big? I don't know...

I just don't think it's that fucked up that he threw it off a cliff.
  • Options
    yeah he shouldve eaten it afterwards, then it would have been fine. Oh no wait. You cant hurt dogs, thats immoral, yet its fine to hurt pigs, chickens, cows sheep, whatever else.

Of course the dog would have died, but tbh, that was not even as bad as stuff that goes on in factory farms every day.
    Im against animal cruelty, but if youre suggesting bad things happen to that guy, whilst all the time being a meateater then youre a hypocrite
    :yes:

Completely.

My mate used to tuck in to KFC factory farmed chicken wings whilst whining about how cruel killing baby seals is.

People only tend to give a shit if it isn't cute.
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »
    There's a BIG fucking difference between me sitting down and eating a steak and chucking a puppy off a cliff and having a good laugh about it. Trying to compare the 2 is just daft.
    Not at all, though maybe it feels uncomfortable for you to equate the two.

Tis all the same for the animal I'm afraid... Though this puppy may have had a nicer life than a lot of what people eat.

But hey, it's only a fucking animal. Like I said before, nobody would give a shit if it weren't cute.

But seriously... It's pretty rich when people get all uppity about someone throwing a puppy off a cliff then get all pissy when their own morals/actions are questioned or compared.
  • Options
    Namaste, you're constantly telling us that in your mind all life is equal, let me put a completely hypthetcial question to you.

A situation occurs where two lives are in danger, the bloke who chucked the puppy over the cliff and the puppy.

Which would you save? The puppy because it's innocent? Or the bloke because he's human?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    Namaste, you're constantly telling us that in your mind all life is equal, let me put a completely hypthetcial question to you.

A situation occurs where two lives are in danger, the bloke who chucked the puppy over the cliff and the puppy.

Which would you save? The puppy because it's innocent? Or the bloke because he's human?

It is the same as the whole "who would you save, a child, or an old person" or "who would you save, a doctor or a dolie".

You can't put a value on life and it is pretty cheap to ask "who is better, human or dog" as an objective question. It doesn't achieve anything, nor is it really relevant to the thread (i.e. ask me in IM if you wish, or start a new thread). We are not talking about who would be the most fun to throw off a cliff.

Also it would come in to a huge philosophical debate.

The only point I am making is that people are sitting on their high horses talking about acts of violence against this man, or what he has done is horrible. Maybe we should look at how we treat animals in our country first before we start throwing stones.
  • Options
    We don't need to throw puppies off cliffs do we really?

Answer the question I just asked Namaste.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Think of the film batman and robin. At the top of one pit is the soldier, at the top of the other is the puppy. And we can't save both, unlike batman :p
  • Options
    son.

Your getting personal and your being a patronising prick. Sort it out.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Answer the question I just asked Namaste.

Why, what does it have to do with the thread?

If you assume I believe all living creatures are equal, then there's no need to ask it.
  • Options
    Think of the film batman and robin. At the top of one pit is the soldier, at the top of the other is the puppy. And we can't save both, unlike batman :p

I don't care what the fuck anybody here says about all life being equal. If it came to saving a life I would prioritise. A list of importance inmy mind would read...

Children first.
    Thgen familly and Women next.
    Then my friends.
    Then me.
    Then the rest of human kind before and other species.

Can anybody argue with the jist of the that.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    You can't put a value on life

People assign value to lives every day.
  • Options
    Why, what does it have to do with the thread?

If you assume I believe all living creatures are equal, then there's no need to ask it.

Well I thought one of the mians arguments you put forward is that every life is equal.
    I'm askinbg if you consider human life generally more precious than that of any other species?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I don't care what the fuck anybody here says about all life being equal.

Then don't ask stupid questions? What exactly are you trying to prove? Me a hypocrite or wrong?

It has nothing to do with the thread, which is about causing needless cruelty, not putting living creatures in to hierarchies.

There is arguing something intelligently and calmly, or just coming across as annoying and patronising. Your posts so far appear to be the latter.
  • Options
    It is the same as the whole "who would you save, a child, or an old person"

I agree. And a in general I would choose a youger life, simply because if I were old I would put a young life before my own.
    You can't put a value on life and it is pretty cheap to ask "who is better, human or dog" as an objective question.

I think when it comes to choosing between one life and another you can put a value on it. I believe that because as I said I would put some before my own.
    It doesn't achieve anything, nor is it really relevant to the thread (i.e. ask me in IM if you wish, or start a new thread). We are not talking about who would be the most fun to throw off a cliff.

It's hypothetcial, answer it. And nobody's talkign about how fun iot woudl be to throw somebody over aqcliff ffs.

Also it would come in to a huge philosophical debate.
    The only point I am making is that people are sitting on their high horses talking about acts of violence against this man, or what he has done is horrible. Maybe we should look at how we treat animals in our country first before we start throwing stones.

And I agree with that.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I'm askinbg if you consider human life generally more precious than that of any other species?
    In the sense that we rely on a lot of other lifeforms for survival, they may be just as important as humans, or even more so for certain endangered species. But the motive is still human survival.
  • Options
    Well I thought one of the mians arguments you put forward is that every life is equal.

No... I consider all life to be of equal moral worth. However, things are different when put in to practice. It opens a huge can of worms to start this kind of debate.

I'm a utilitarian btw.

Why do you care?
  • Options
    I don't care what the fuck anybody here says about all life being equal. If it came to saving a life I would prioritise. A list of importance inmy mind would read...

Children first.
    Thgen familly and Women next.
    Then my friends.
    Then me.
    Then the rest of human kind before and other species.

Can anybody argue with the jist of the that.

I'd save my friends before women I reckon *shrug*