Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

This Cannot Be Real....

*edit* Video features footage of a Us soldier throwing a puppy off a cliff - worth bearing that in mind before clicking on the video *

http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/43462/9fb16ab3/us_soldaat_gooit_puppy.html

Just read about this and followed the link. Please someone say this is a hoax!
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Who?
  • Options
    It wasn't a hoax. Apparently his name was released, and a bit of a shit storm ensued. His sister managed to make things a lot worse, obviously batshit is a common trait in the family.

[sic] "im not saying that what occured here is right but i dont know the conditions of the situation neither do the rest of you

Maybe the puppy was an insurgent trying to destroy America's Freedom? In that case, it had to die.
  • Options
    go_away wrote: »
    Maybe the puppy was an insurgent trying to destroy America's Freedom? In that case, it had to die.

Damn those puppies.
  • Options
    I wish we could throw him off a cliffside...
  • Options
    I know, what kind of sick fuck could do that to a puppy? I hope for his sake it's fake, there will be lots of angry people around!
  • Options
    There is a very good argument that those capable of mindless cruelty to animals are, or will be in the future, a danger to people and should be watched very closely.

IMO it takes a special kind of twisted fuck to do such thing.
  • Options
    *waits for Yerascrote to come along and say "it's only a fucking dog"*
  • Options
    maybe it's about as genuine as this ...

http://www.puppyprofits.com/
  • Options
    -
  • Options
    sums up the US army pretty well i think
  • Options
    Jonny8888 wrote: »
    sums up the US army pretty well i think

No it doesn't - just shows there are cunts everywhere...
  • Options
    Well I can't be arsed launching in to the whole killing living creatures for pleasure debate tonight.

I think what Aladdin said sums it up.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Fucking sick. Anyone who can deliberatley cause suffering to animals deserves shot. In the sexual organs. Then left to bleed to death. With thier legs removed.

I hate animal cruelty.
  • Options
    If Mohammed al-Kaboom gets a clear shot at that guy - I hope the bullet at least pings off his helmet in an increadibly painful way - don't be a dick, most of the world wants to kill you (aparently) and dog maiming isnt helping, you over-developed-mistimed-ejaculation.
  • Options
    go_away wrote: »
    It wasn't a hoax. Apparently his name was released, and a bit of a shit storm ensued. His sister managed to make things a lot worse, obviously batshit is a common trait in the family.

[sic] "im not saying that what occured here is right but i dont know the conditions of the situation neither do the rest of you

where did you get this info from?
  • Options
    Yea it is pretty sad, saw it the other day. But guess its one of those things - you get sick people all over. There wasnt such a shit storm when they cluster bombed residential areas.. but a cute puppy?
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote: »
    Fucking sick. Anyone who can deliberatley cause suffering to animals deserves shot. In the sexual organs. Then left to bleed to death. With thier legs removed.

I hate animal cruelty.

Word :thumb:
  • Options
    oh. my. god. I am actually crying so much :( What a fucking sick cuht. I hope he gets shot in the kneecaps and thrown over a cliff
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote: »

I hate animal cruelty.

I don't really see that guy as any different to people who hunt for sport. I don't think as many people would care about that. Even less would if he threw something which wasn't seen as cute, like a lizard.

This probably wouldn't be up on he internet if it were not a cute ickle puppy dog. :rolleyes: I don't see the point of this video, apart from for some people to post it up and say "omfg aren't the military ghey" (as has been done already), or to start thread like this where people say "omfg isn't animal cruelty crap!".

As Aladdin has already said, people who hurt animals directly for enjoyment are more likely to hurt vulnerable people (can't be bothered mentioning the cruelty for eating enjoyment or fashion enjoyment as it's the same for the animal, but it's ok because chickens taste nice and are less cute than fluffy rabbits... Society frowns more upon direct animal cruelty like in the video too). I guess it's the same as people who are abused are statistically more likely to go on to be abusers.

if the video is real... If the video is real, I think we should all remind ourselves that war environments can be psychologically damaging. It could have easily cracked him up... Or the video could be fake and an attempt to make the military look bad.
  • Options
    Seems like it is real and now the Marines name and address is being circulated on the net so people can comment personally.
  • Options
    Namaste wrote: »
    As Aladdin has already said, people who hurt animals directly for enjoyment are more likely to hurt vulnerable people (can't be bothered mentioning the cruelty for eating enjoyment or fashion enjoyment as it's the same for the animal, but it's ok because chickens taste nice and are less cute than fluffy rabbits... Society frowns more upon direct animal cruelty like in the video too). I guess it's the same as people who are abused are statistically more likely to go on to be abusers.

Not that I have an axe to grind, but I am a meat-eater so feel a bit defensive by this comment - you have mentioned similar things in the past. Do you think eating meat equates to animal cruelty? Just for clarification, thanks :)
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Do you think eating meat equates to animal cruelty? Just for clarification, thanks :)

It does for the animal :D
  • Options
    I'd say being killed with a stun gun etc. is more humane than having cigarrettes burnt into them, kicked about, broken ribs, and so on.

I read that some people who feel they have no control over anything in their life commit cruel acts to animals as it gives them a sense of power. :no:
  • Options
    yeah he shouldve eaten it afterwards, then it would have been fine. Oh no wait. You cant hurt dogs, thats immoral, yet its fine to hurt pigs, chickens, cows sheep, whatever else.

Of course the dog would have died, but tbh, that was not even as bad as stuff that goes on in factory farms every day.
    Im against animal cruelty, but if youre suggesting bad things happen to that guy, whilst all the time being a meateater then youre a hypocrite
  • Options
    I think it's more that they seemed to find it funny and thought nothing of it that makes it so bad. It was horrible as it squealed. They wouldn't like it if that was their pet - so why do it? I wonder where they got it from? I really do hope it was fake.
    I remember a while ago there was a video of a woman stomping a kitten to death with her stiletto, I never watched it though.
  • Options
    well to be fair, theyre soldiers, in a war situation. They were trying to be shocking for the camera.
    Considering half the other stuff thats going on over there to innocent people, i was expecting that video to be so much worse
  • Options
    yeah he shouldve eaten it afterwards, then it would have been fine. Oh no wait. You cant hurt dogs, thats immoral, yet its fine to hurt pigs, chickens, cows sheep, whatever else.

Of course the dog would have died, but tbh, that was not even as bad as stuff that goes on in factory farms every day.
    Im against animal cruelty, but if youre suggesting bad things happen to that guy, whilst all the time being a meateater then youre a hypocrite

No you're not! Because eating food is a natural part of human physiology, the food chain, etc. Killing for pure pleasure is not.

I really really think it's a bad idea to group meat eaters with those who torture or kill animals for fun.

I don't know why I'm getting into this, it's ridiculous to compare the two.
  • Options
    it looked to me like he was killing it cos he didnt give a shit and for the camera than because he got a real pleasure out of the death of a dog.

Im not grouping anyone together. I eat meat, but i dont throw dogs off cliffs or torture animals, but ffs, i have hardly got room to get all high and mighty about someone killing an animal in what looked like it was probably a fairly quick way.

Im not saying its ok to throw dogs off cliffs, I just think you need to all get it in perspective of the other stuff that goes on over there and other wars.
  • Options

I don't think these two issues are the same at all.
  • Options
    I don't really see that guy as any different to people who hunt for sport. I don't think as many people would care about that. Even less would if he threw something which wasn't seen as cute, like a lizard.

This probably wouldn't be up on he internet if it were not a cute ickle puppy dog. :rolleyes: I don't see the point of this video, apart from for some people to post it up and say "omfg aren't the military ghey" (as has been done already), or to start thread like this where people say "omfg isn't animal cruelty crap!".

if the video is real... If the video is real, I think we should all remind ourselves that war environments can be psychologically damaging. It could have easily cracked him up... Or the video could be fake and an attempt to make the military look bad.

There's a BIG fucking difference between me sitting down and eating a steak and chucking a puppy off a cliff and having a good laugh about it. Trying to compare the 2 is just daft.