Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What do you wear on Xmas Day?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Question's in the title!

When I was younger, I always had to get dressed up (opened presents in PJs, then got dressed up for dinner at home), but now I can get away with wearing jeans.

I usually go shopping for something new in the few days before xmas - helps get in the xmas spirit too, going shopping when everyone is dashing around in a mad panic finishing their shopping.

I'm going to my new boyfriend's sister's for lunch with their family this year so need to find something nice to wear. She's got a two year old so it can't be anything too impractical that I can't get on the floor and play with his new toys with him in or something like a halterneck that he might try to untie!! Any suggestions? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    Pj's all day. Why get out if you don't have to, its only family, they can deal with it :p:D

I don't see why dark jeans and a sweater or something wouldn't be just fine for your boyfriends. Its nice, yet comfortable and casual.
  • Options
    B000JFI6YI.01-A39B6LAYBCL5SI._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V36137197_.jpg
  • Options
    I usually make a token effort and wear something red in an attempt to be festive. Teamed with slipper socks and jogging bottoms usually!
    Going to a hotel this Christmas so I'll have to make a bit more of an effort. :(
  • Options
    Lol I just put on the nearest pair of jeans and a t-shirt and just mong around the house like that until I can be arsed to get ready properly.
  • Options
    We have family (and my girlfriend who's meeting them for the first time!) over for Christmas this year so I'll probably be reasonably smart; a nice jumper with a skirt but still wearing slippers because Dad doesn't allow shoes in the house! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Lol, I don't allow shoes in my flat either! They have to be left on the stairs. I don't get people who wear shoes inside.
  • Options
    usually wear a pair of jeans and a nice shirt or something, nice to make a effort for xmas dinner.

going to my bro's this year with the family so not opening presents till the afternoon :mad:
  • Options
    nelly_bar wrote: »

OMG same!!!!
  • Options
    Sounds like a nice pair of trousers and top are in order for boyfriends. Trousers so much more practical for being around small children than a skirt is.

We're having family dinner at my grandparents and going to church, so I'll get dressed up for that bit.
  • Options
    i usually spend most of the day in pyjamas and then make myself look presentable for when the family come round. usually a nice jumper and skirt tights and boots maybe. :]
  • Options
    PJ's in the morning or until someone decides to come round and then semi-decent clothes (nice top, leggings/jeans)
  • Options
    Something nice, last year wore a green dress.
  • Options
    I like making an effort on Christmas day, usually just a nice top and jeans though nothing OTT.

Abbie always gets a nice Christmas Day dress though :D
  • Options
    I wear pretty much the same thing i'd wear on a normal day.
  • Options
    Probably will just wear a skirt/top/boots combi as we go out for Christmas dinner :D
  • Options
    i shall be wearing my work uniform :(
  • Options
    i shall be wearing my work uniform :(
    Where do you work? :)
  • Options
    i'd wear a dark pair of jeans and a big fluffy red jumper (the type with the wide neck that folds over or a cowl neck). Although i also think a nice off-white sweater dress would be nice :heart: im going to go and see if mine still fits :p
  • Options
    I shall wear exactly the same as I do every day. I have no taste. Any girlfriend is going to have quite an uphill struggle to change that.
    nelly_bar wrote: »
    Well, I wouldn't mind waking up next to her on any morning, never mind Christmas morning!
  • Options
    I've never really got dressed on Xmas day... usually just wear PJs all day, and even to the christmas dinner.... I find it a bit odd that people get all dressed up when they're not even leaving the house lol.
  • Options
    I find it a bit odd that people get all dressed up when they're not even leaving the house lol.

I like to make an effort on Christmas day, makes it special

Also if there's lots of people coming to dinner then a fair few of them will have left the house. Its like a party! I wouldn't wear pjs to a party :lol:
  • Options
    I will be getting dressed... albeit fairly normally. Have to do the rounds of friends and relatives and although I'm sure they wouldn't be offended by pyjamas and stained dressing gown, a bit of decorum never goes amiss :D No idea what I'll wear though - something clean and vaguely presentable!

No one cares what I wear anymore anyway... it's all about the babies and their adorable little outfits (but yes, they are adorable)
  • Options
    I usually wear something very casual like jeans and a jumper but this year I'm going to be a bit dressier I'm going to wear my silver dress over a black roll neck top and black skinny jeans with flat boots.
  • Options
    I have no idea, I won't buy anything new though, I always dress the same way as any normal no work day.
    Now I feel like I should make more of an effort! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    generally i dont get changed out of my pjs until about 6ish!! unless we have xmas dinner early, and in that case it will be about 4! no doubt ill do the same this year :yes:
  • Options
    Curvy_lass wrote: »
    Where do you work? :)

In an old peoples home! bless em!
  • Options
    I shall be wearing clothes that I normally wear. Some jeans and a jumper probably!
  • Options
    normal clothes, i actually have to leave the house this year but no need to be dressy about it, its only family after all.
  • Options
    OMG same!!!!

Do You two wan't to come round mine this year??
  • Options
    We've been invited to someone's for Christmas dinner this year. Least my yearly bath won't go to waste :D