Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Teh worst team evar

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Mclarens england.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Agreed.
  • Options
    You can blame the pitch, the weather, the system, the manager, the players, luck, injuries, but quite simply England did not deserve to get through. Simple as.

No desire in the team. No fight. They strolled into the group with no respect assuming that they would walk it. And to be fair they should have.
  • Options
    its gona be awful seeing a euro tournament without england in it :( Quite right though they didn't deserve to go through, the result was justified.
  • Options
    Well at least England fans can be happy that McClaren will get the sack now and they can start planning for the next World Cup with a better manager.

That display was hopeless tonight. Some of those players just aren't up to the job. Although Crouch was one of the best players it was pretty pathetic to just see England launch long ball after long ball up to him. It was pure dark age football. Gerrard must be among the worst England captains ever. Totally anonymous display, couldn't lead the team to save his life. The defending was laughable, but Ferdinand and Terry were always going to be missed.

(Norn Iron out too after 1-0 defeat away to Spain and Sweden beating Latvia :()
  • Options
    The worst football team ever:

Lampard;
    Lampard, Gerrard, Gerrard, Lampard;
    Gerrard, Lampard, Lampard, Gerrard;
    Lampard, Gerrard.

Neither should wear the England shirt again, bone idle fuckers. A half-fit Beckham, playing in a pub league, did more in 20 minutes than either of them two twats did in the whole game.

Wayne Bridge proved what a donkey he is, too. Where was Shorey?

Crouch was excellent and I really feel sorry for Carson. The goal was a shocker, but the save later in the game was one of the best I've seen. The goal was completely his fault, but that pitch was a national disgrace and it raises some important questions:

1. Why, when we have spent £800 million on a stadium with a retractable roof, were we playing in the pissing rain?
    2. Which stupid twat thought it would be a good idea to play a game of American Football a fortnight before an important international? You could still see the fucking gridiron markings.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    1. Why, when we have spent £800 million on a stadium with a retractable roof, were we playing in the pissing rain?
    2. Which stupid twat thought it would be a good idea to play a game of American Football a fortnight before an important international? You could still see the fucking gridiron markings.

Croatia seemed to cope quite well with the pitch and weather ;)

The truth is England should never have got themselves in the position they found themselves in tonight. You've got to look at the performance over the whole campaign and think justice was served tonight.
  • Options
    Very good question actually...
  • Options
    Croatia seemed to cope quite well with the pitch and weather ;)

Not really the point, though, the pitch was like a cabbage patch.

I'm not blaming the pitch for the fact that England had a central defender and two bone idle twats in midfield, and a left back who played like my gran, but the pitch was an absolute disgrace. Even Bilic said so.

Having said that, I agree with Bilic:
    Wake up. You didn't lose the game because of the tactics.

"We're simply a better team. I admire your team and your players but my team is a much better team.
  • Options

This made it quite obvious that the FA care more about a bumper pay day than the future of English football. And not that the pitch had any effect on the result, but it does seem to be just desserts that they're now gonna lose out on a much bigger pay day in the summer.

I just hope that this result causes the changes to occur that need to occur in English football. McLaren was never my first choice, but the problems in English football go far deeper than that, and I think we have a lot to learn from France about player and manager development. And the first thing that needs to happen is for the FA management to consist of football people rather than business people.
  • Options
    I actually don't think Second Choice Steve should be sacked, unless there is a better manager waiting in the wings. Replacing SSS with Jewell or O'Neill will achieve nothing.

What will achieve something is if SSS gets big enough balls to never play Lamplard or Stevie Me ever again.
  • Options

Apparently this is because Wembley's wonderful retractable roof only extends far enough to cover the seats.
  • Options
    I actually don't think Second Choice Steve should be sacked, unless there is a better manager waiting in the wings. Replacing SSS with Jewell or O'Neill will achieve nothing.

What will achieve something is if SSS gets big enough balls to never play Lamplard or Stevie Me ever again.

Should that not be SCS? Like the sofa company with that bloke that was on Eastenders on the adverts?
  • Options
    they were losing 2-0 when i looked at my phone, by the time i got home, they could still qualify with pulling it back to 2-2

what a waste of effort numpties
  • Options
    why the f uck did he play lampard and gerard again when he has already tried that 1 ova and ova again unsuccesfully,it was lost before tonights game thou,use were shit all along not just for 90 mins.bring back the home nations cup i think lol
  • Options
    Looking at the group they were in (I don't really follow football) they seemed to have an easy time of it compared to Scotland. Russia and Croatia vs. France and Italy? I know who I'd have anyday.

The problem now is I don't know who to support :(.
  • Options
    Defence were out of their depth and the midfield were crap as well.

Gerrard, Lampard and the likes don't really give a fuck about playing for England, it doesn't seem to mean as much to the likes of them as playing for Scotland does to our guys. I accept that Fletcher isn't a massively gifted player but he works his arse off, which is more productive than apparently more talented players like Fat Frank who underacheive time after time. It's easy to sneer at teams like us and Northern Ireland, but the Nigels could learn a lot from us about basic teamwork and not hiding when the going gets tough.

Outplayed by the better team.
  • Options
    Well it looks like England may be looking for a new manager. FA holding an emergency board meeting just now.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7100393.stm
  • Options
    Right where to fucking start!?!?!
    We do not deserve to qualify, not just from this result but from the whole campaign, we got back on track then fucked it against Russia, got given a life-line and fucked it again, we got what we deserved!!

Not going back through old threads but I seem to remember a debate about putting Carson in net, well that fucking back-fired and tell you what I knew damn well it would. Yes he is/was a good keeper but he is way too inexperienced, yes Robbos had a few clangers but he is the best England have got at the moment......fact. I say is/was a good keeper cos a blunder like that could ruin a player although I have yet to read the bad press against him so don't know how much he has being vilified, although I presume Mclaren might take the brunt this time. Why throw him into a game of such importance?? Was their any need??

Mclaren wants to be seen as the man with balls, the man who doesn't go with the norm, the man who can drop the number 1 keeper for a 22yr old rookie in the biggest game of English football since the last tournament. He wants to be seen as the boss the one who can be brave and drop Backham, FFS we had the longest man in football in our team, who better to stick the ball on his head than Beckham?? Would Shaun Wright rat head do it?? The answer is clearly no, he will, as he has done since he arrived on the scene, dribble aimlessly at players and hope for a lucky deflection to get him past!!

We should have started the first half with the team that started the 2nd (apart from having Robbo instead of Carson in net).

Carson - put us on the back foot early doors with that horrific mistake, made a decent save in the 2nd half but it doesn't make up for it, the damage was done and end of day his job is to make them saves.
    Micah - Defensive position was shocking, pace helped him out but still not good enough for this level although I believe he will be in time.
    Bridge - shit, no more needs to be said
    Cambell - too slow and passed it
    Lescott - Didn't do too much wrong but not good enough at this level
    Fat Frank and Gerrard - shit
    Joe Cole - too fancy at times and just didn't produce anything near the quality he can
    SWP - stumbling idiot, even Ian Wright said Beckham should start
    Barry - Did ok but still gave ball away more times in first half than I have ever seen him do for England
    Beckham - Brilliant ball for Crouch but after that England couldn't even get the ball to him, Becks doesn't need balls over the top, give it to his feet FFS.
    Defoe - Did he play??
    Crouch - played well throughout, shame we didn't have anyone to latch onto his knock-downs.

We miss the likes of Terry, Ferdinand, Ashley Cole, Neville, Owen, Rooney but no excuses, a team like England should be qualifying from that group!! The team I manage on a Saturday would have done a better job!!

Right now I've let off steam I'll get some work done :-)
  • Options
    Wembley doesnt have a fully retractable roof/cover, it only opens slightly to allow more sunlight to hit the pitch during summer months, its not like the one at Cardiff.

They were shite last night, absolutly terrible.

Carson - Shocking first goal, didnt look comfortable at all after that, good save tho off that header. Why David James wasnt playing god knows, if he didnt want to play Robinson then it had to be James for me, played in the big games, played in tournaments, fair enough he's had his fair share of mistakes, but he's been playing well this season.

Lescott - Not a england quality defender

Bridge - worst ive seen a england player for a long time, crap.

Richards - Poorest performance to date

Campbell - hot or cold player, definately cold last night.

Lampard - took a penalty, thats it, NOTHING for the rest of the game

Gerrard - He just doesnt look interested anymore

Barry - Did nothing.

SWP - nothing to note, except poor

Joe Cole - stay on your feet, dont stop when running through on goal. shite

Crouch - poor lad tried, won balls in the air just noone there. MOM for me

BAG OF SHITE, GUTTED TODAY
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    and McLaren is a goner.
  • Options
    good riddence.

bring on jose
  • Options
    Defoe - Did he play??

Well He did fall over to win the penalty, I.E. Englands 3rd best player!!
  • Options
    Rip

Capello's declared his interest.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    Capello's declared his interest.

I actually think this might be a good move. Let's face it, England don't have many technically gifted players, like you see in Spain, Portugal, Italy etc. but they still have some talented young guys. Capello is a good manager at getting the best out of what he has, without the need to play beautiful technically astute football. He made a second rate Real Madrid side champions last season, despite them being a much inferior side to Barcelona (and Sevilla) in terms of ability. He knows how to get results and I think he could do a good job for England. Mourinho would be a good option as well as his teams don't tend to rely on good technical ability either.
  • Options
    Im so disappointed. What'll we do in summer 08 now?? its no way as xciting when we aint init. :no:
  • Options
    It's not just McClaren who shoul dget the sack, all the old farts who run the FA and only employ yes men and smiley happy chappies for the job of England manager should get the sack!

First the FA didnt give the job to Clough, then they didnt give it to Big Jack Charlton, Then they didnt give it to Sam Allardyce... who wont they give it to next eh?

Why dont they all resign, they are the idiots who gave him the fucking job!
  • Options
    allardyce woulda been even worse than mclaren to be fair...
  • Options
    phoenix24 wrote: »
    allardyce woulda been even worse than mclaren to be fair...

Not possible.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote: »
    Wembley doesnt have a fully retractable roof/cover, it only opens slightly to allow more sunlight to hit the pitch during summer months, its not like the one at Cardiff.

So we paid #800 million for a stadium that's not even as good as the one in Cardiff that cost a tenth of the price.

That is absolutely ridiculous. But then the FA, and the whole Wembley fiasco, has been ridiculous from start to finish.

Bullseye- if they'd given the job to Allardyce we'd have been even worse. Newcastle are the only team to have lost to Derby County, who are the Premiershit equivalent of Andorra.
  • Options
    Even though events on the night might have contributed towards the overall impression of the place, there is an interesting blog entry about the new Wembley Stadium here. It certainly does not sound as good as they would have us believe, as far as the experience of going to the football should be...

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2007/11/22/stadium_of_plight.html