Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Teh worst team evar

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No Allardyce is a good manager who is at a club that cannot get over the ghost of Kevin Keegan! No manager in the world can make Newcastle any better, but ANY manager in the world can make England better... But the REAL problems is the FA! They need replacing!
  • Options
    Bullseye wrote: »
    No Allardyce is a good manager who is at a club that cannot get over the ghost of Kevin Keegan! No manager in the world can make Newcastle any better

Are you actually for real?

Sir Bobby Robson had the Toon playing wonderful football, with Solano and Robert, and got them into the European Cup (they finished 3rd and 4th under him, don't forget).

It's a fallacy to say that the Toon can't compete, or that they really are that far behind the rest. It comes down to management; Roeder was crap and Souness was a disaster zone. The players in the defence are Allardyce's, not anyone else's. The buck stops with him.

And Newcastle are still shit.
  • Options
    Allardyce will do well at Newcastle, I just don't think that he's the type of manager that will get them success in one or two seasons (and therefore probably not a great international manager). Also, the fact that so many other teams have money and are making progress now is disguising any progress he might be making. If we had to pick and Englishman, I reckon Harry Redknapp would get us playing the best football, and would have the most immediate impact. But I reckon Capello is gonna be the man for the job tbh. Mourinho won't take it, and neither will O'Neill.
  • Options
    Rafa benitez has thrown his toys out of the pram at Liverpool (again) and declared an interest in managing England.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/7108721.stm

:lol:
  • Options
    Worst team ever-has to be the Maldive Islands in Fifa '94. Woeful.
  • Options
    Addict wrote: »
    Rafa benitez has thrown his toys out of the pram at Liverpool (again) and declared an interest in managing England.

Might be good. All the "injuries" that England seem to get whenever they have a match would suit his habit of never playing the same team twice.
  • Options
    Regardless of your views on Benitez, I'd have him as manager. He has a proven track record in cup competitions (2 trophies from 3 finals in 3 years) and that is what you need in international competition.

All international tournaments are knockout cup competitions, and Benitez has proven ability in them.

He wouldn't be daft enough to go and manage England though...
  • Options
    Looks like Capello is going to be the new manager.
  • Options
    I said it before and I'll say it again.

Qualification for 2008 wasn't the most important thing - being ready for the World Cup is.

I think that we are in a better position now than we were before the Croatia game... the irony being that we need to play them again to get to the World Cup...
  • Options
    Addict wrote: »

A debate for another thread perhaps but he has a bloody good point regarding foreign owners of clubs not understanding the game and interfering too much with the transfer policy.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote: »
    A debate for another thread perhaps but he has a bloody good point regarding foreign owners of clubs not understanding the game and interfering too much with the transfer policy.

Well clubs like Liverpool were quite happy to bend over and prostitute themselves out to the highest bidder in the first place. You reap what you sow.
  • Options
    I don't think it has anything to do with having foreign ownership; English chairmen are just as capable of being incompetent morons. I'm sure most Man Ushited fans would agree that Edwards was far more of an embarassment than the Glazers have been, seeing as the Glazers have spent big on players.

I agree with Wenger about the "little England" mentality in this country. English players don't get picked for the top teams because they are too expensive and too poor. The best English players get picked.

But when you consider Spurs paid £17m for Bent, and Arsenal paid about £3m for van Persie, it's easy to see why they shop[ abroad.