Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Boots Application form

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've got a job application form for boots, but it's not the clearest. At the top it says 'candidate number' and 'date received', what are they? And in the job position bit it says 'sales consultant' 'sales assistant' and 'operations assistant', is operations assistant till work?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The candidate number and date received is usually for the Boots office staff to fill in, not you, and I'd always go for Sales Assistant. It's a generic role in most retail places and most likely to be the one you are applying for, unless you have been told specifically you are applying for something else, like ... warehouse worker or something.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    To be honest, with somewhere like Boots it probably doesnt matter which position you put, you will end up with the same role.

But as KHSS just put sales assistant.
    on references it also has boxes for what type of reference, i've put my aunt (who was the cook at the pub i used to work at) do i put character or company?
    Was she your direct supervisor? If so, company.
    Well it was only a little pub, but I worked with her most of the time, she told me what to do etc.
    Yeah I'd put company, because it's about your previous job.
    I've also just noticed, there's a box under the references that says 'capacity known to you if applicable', what does that mean?
    Ballerina wrote: »
    'operations assistant', is operations assistant till work?

Nahh, it'll be either warehouse staff or shelf stackers - people who deal with stock rather than customers.

And if your reference is from a relative, I'd either put it as a character reference or lie about you being related!
    It means "how do you know this person/what relationship are they to you".
    kaffrin wrote: »
    Nahh, it'll be either warehouse staff or shelf stackers - people who deal with stock rather than customers.

And if your reference is from a relative, I'd either put it as a character reference or lie about you being related!

I've already told her not to say we're related! I don't want it to look like they're from people that I've always known (other will be a teacher).
    Ballerina wrote: »
    I've already told her not to say we're related! I don't want it to look like they're from people that I've always known (other will be a teacher).

They should be from people who've known you a long time, that's a good thing. You just aren't supposed to use relatives, due to the obvious bias. A teacher is ideal.
    kaffrin wrote: »
    They should be from people who've known you a long time, that's a good thing. You just aren't supposed to use relatives, due to the obvious bias. A teacher is ideal.

Yeah that's what I meant :p
    oh gawd I applied for a Boots job when I was about 16. I had to go to a group interview and do a presentation with people who were much much older than me with loads fo experience- intimidated much? I got the job though!
    lipsy wrote: »
    oh gawd I applied for a Boots job when I was about 16. I had to go to a group interview and do a presentation with people who were much much older than me with loads fo experience- intimidated much? I got the job though!

The application form itself is intimidating!
    At Boots, working on tills is the Sales Assistants :) Not sure if you've sorted that yet, but I can promise you that for definete.
    i am 16 and i want to apply to boots. they told me to write them a CV, which i did, but apparently i need to go online and fill out an application form. does anyone know where it is because i looked online and so did my dad but we couldn't find anything???
    www.boots.com

click on services and info at the top left

scroll all the way to the bottom and there is "careers with boots" at the bottom left.

good luck:thumb: