Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Can Liverpool stop scoring?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
15 In 3 games?

:lol:

Fantastic!!!!!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    HAHA yeh, the press blast the liverpool's strikers for not scoring then they do that :crazyeyes:

7-0, Nice! :D
  • Options
    HA- I'm actually surprised, Liverpool usally get beat by the poor teams.

They wont win the FA cup anyway **fingers crossed**.
  • Options
    Its about time liverpool starting scoring, it was only a matter of time

Crouch is awsome, hes just lacking confidence.

He'll be a big part in our world cup hopes.
  • Options
    yeh was chatting with one of the england lot earlier and was saying he needs to bag a few to get his confidence back.

I think he's starting to justify his price tag
  • Options
    olaola wrote:
    Its about time liverpool starting scoring, it was only a matter of time

Crouch is awsome, hes just lacking confidence.

He'll be a big part in our world cup hopes.

Big part of our world cup hopes? Your joking right?

It's all about Gerrard and Rooney. Just gotta hope Gerrard isnt burnt out for the World Cup.
  • Options
    the england team is full of indvidual talent. a lot of them are too similar though.

rooney is class and always going to be first name on the team sheet.

darren bent, owen, defoe, vassell. there all a bit similar.

crouch brings something different, i hope you noticed weve be loosing against uruguay and argentina untill Crouch comes on, terrories the defence and turns 2 defeats into victories.

maybe not first choice england striker, but i stand by my decision. Crouch is awsome
  • Options
    off subject but take a look at this prediction a couple of hours before the game.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mb606/F2241562?thread=2537164

very impressive
  • Options
    olaola wrote:
    maybe not first choice england striker, but i stand by my decision. Crouch is awsome

He holds the ball up well too! It's not all about his height is it
  • Options
    That prediction is impressive. :thumb:

Owen is a great header of the ball and nowhere near tall as him. Crouch isnt good enough to be playing in the premiership no mind England. Total shite along with Cisse and Morientes. Morientes was in a league of his own when he was at Real and Monaco now look at him.
  • Options
    Mattaeo wrote:
    That prediction is impressive. :thumb:

Owen is a great header of the ball and nowhere near tall as him. Crouch isnt good enough to be playing in the premiership no mind England. Total shite along with Cisse and Morientes. Morientes was in a league of his own when he was at Real and Monaco now look at him.
    Crouch is a decent player and is a big part of our World Cup plans no doubt about that. I'm not saying he's ever going to win the World player of the year or anything but as a different option he is great to throw on in for England to change things round a bit. He is adding a bit of something different to the squad and this variety mixed with the obvious individual talent we have is going to play a large part in how well we do in the tournament.
    Morientes shite?? League of his own at Real?? Make your mind up, is he a good player or a shite player?? Players DON'T turn shite overnight, Morientes is a class act who is finding it hard adjusting to the English game and hasn't quite settled into a rhythm yet. I believe Morientes will come good in the end and produce the goods for the Scousers.
    As for Cisse I can't argue with that he and Drogba Dogshit have got to be the biggest waste of spaces in the League.
  • Options
    Crouch wouldnt be a football player if he wasn't 7ft odd or whatever he is. The only thing he's got is height and just knocking in long balls from all over the shop isn't going to win any World Cups.

Was his goals last night any good?

What I meant was that Morientes was fucking amazing for Real and Monaco but has turned shite since he moved to Anfield. I can understand that he's been struggling in the English league and I want to see him get that form back for Liverpool, but at the moment he's pretty useless.
  • Options
    Mattaeo wrote:
    Crouch wouldnt be a football player if he wasn't 7ft odd or whatever he is. The only thing he's got is height and just knocking in long balls from all over the shop isn't going to win any World Cups.
    You can't say for sure either way whether he would or wouldn't. You can say for sure though that he has a lot more to offer than heading the ball. He's very good with his feet for such a big man, hes got some nice touches, he holds the ball up well and yes with his height he is going to cause all sorts of problems for ANY team, including international teams.
    Its all about Variety IMO, long balls for 90 minutes is a crap tactic, but the mixture of nice passing football on the deck and long balls is a good tactic, you've got to be able to mix it up at the top level, you've got to be able to play more than one style of football. This variety and quality we have in the English squad could be the key to winning the tournament. Thats how I see it anyway.
  • Options
    Mattaeo wrote:

Have you ever actually seen Crouch play?

Like Ian Ormondroyd in the 80s, he isn't actually that good in the air. He's no Ferguson or Beattie. He's great on the ground though, and he does bring something very different to the England side.

As for him "not being good enough" for the Premiershit, his scoring record would suggest otherwise. Quality at QPR, quality at Pompey, quality at Southampton, and now at Liverpool, all by playing football. The one team who wanged high balls at him, well, it was Taylor's Villa and he was shite.

The poor lad has never recovered from being a Taylor signing. But who would O'Dreary rather have now- Kevin Phillips or Crouch? Hmm...

Take Crouch and it's cause he's big. Don't take him, and "we have no height".

So-called England fans are, by and large, complete and utter morons who don't deserve to see another England victory in their life. England's most successful manager likes Crouch, as does one of Europe's top managers, and that's enough for me.

As for Liverpool's scoring, they've been on the verge of giving someone a right hiding for a while now. They were creating the chances, and strikers of the quality of Cisse, Crouch and Morientes don't go on missing chances forever.

Morientes in particular will come good, I think. It's forgotten just how shite Henry was at first, I think.

I'm just sad I missed a Steve Bruce team getting absolutely spanked.