Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Queen may be scrapped from UK passports...

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aladdin wrote: »
    The only thing that could well be bollocks is the story about Brenda rejecting Kate Middleton's family because her mother had used the word 'toilet'. It's too surreal, really :D

I expect that it is utter bollocks, given that words like toilet are used more in the upper classes than the supposed "posh" words like lavatory.

Personally I expect Brenda swears like a trooper. Especially as she married a bit of rough :lol:
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote: »
    Frankly Brenda already looks as if she buys her shoes and handbags at Matalan...

The monarchy would perhaps be a tad more palatable if it was more down to earth, modernised institution. The King of Spain regularly kisses female friends and acquitances on the cheek in front of the cameras, even if they are 'commoners' such as journalists. I'm not aware of the Queen of England ever kissing anyone in public (other than perhaps Phillip on their wedding day), and if she actually kissed a journalist on the cheek I should imagine several thousand people would die of the shock.

Because kissing strangers is WEIRD and I would think she'd gone mad in the head, and that some brain rot had burst the british bubble of personal space.
  • Options
    The Queen is very middle class in her tastes.

And given that Prince Charles has done P Company I suspect he's quite capable of roughing it.
  • Options
    This provides more evidence that suggests the E.U is here to create a super state and to meddle into our lives. The Queen is our head of state, she should be on the passport. There is no need to change it.

But the issue goes further.

The E.U wants to allow other Europeans, notably Eastern Europeans to use British embassies. They are not British citizens therefore they should not be using them.