Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How do you imagine 'TheSite.org' forumers in real life?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Franki wrote: »

The only person I haven't met who I have a pretty clear picture of is Manda. I see her as being almost exactly like me. Shockingly shy to begin with, and then as you get to know her she'd come right out of her shell and you'd never get her to shut up :D.

:D I think we're super similar also! In many o many ways. (Cuz we're awsome, obviously ;))
  • Options
    Will do mine tonight, after work :)
  • Options
    Rachael wrote: »
    ummm Budda is mysterious and I didnt get to talk to him much but I think we would probably get on......

Ta. I like being a man of mystery, the cape and the monocle add to the effect I think.
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    Haha I find it hilarious that everyone thinks I'll be as I am on the boards.

It makes me chuckle.

Aye, you're a cunt on the boards and you're a cunt who appreciates good beer in real life;)
  • Options
    freeallangels: lovely, very sweet and interesting person to talk to...again obligitory accompanment to drinking

:heart: I like the fact I'm a drinking accompanment (you and chris are the only ones I think have been at every meet I've been at)

Twisted_Trinity: Likes a good time, is always good for a natter and a piss up. Is a lot more tougher and stronger then she gives herself credit for.
  • Options
    icey wrote: »

Renzo - The party guy. If someone got drunk and fell down the stairs with their trousers round their ankles and a traffic cone on their head, its probably renzo. Not normally the centre of attention but his mates still all look to him for guidance

My trousers stay on at all times. :p And yes...i stay in the shadows.

So. People. Right. I cant say i know that much to form opinions of the people i was considering writing about. Though that Pirate chap sure is odd...
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Rachael wrote: »
    Yorghos- You're so cool and probably one of my favourite people on here.
    :blush: Thank you, and vice versa. :)

Sorry (to everyone in general) for not making a long list etc, it's just not my thing. I think the people I like know I like them anyway. :)
  • Options
    I'm just amazed that nobody's had the gall to do a thread yet along the lines of "who do you really hate?" and "most hated member on TheSite boards". (mind you, the first can already be found in the archives)
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    I'm just amazed that nobody's had the gall to do a thread yet along the lines of "who do you really hate?" and "most hated member on TheSite boards". (mind you, the first can already be found in the archives)

The Mods're gonny take your wooden spoon, mate.
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    The Mods're gonny take your wooden spoon, mate.
    You know what I'm saying. Every time we get a thread along the lines of "who do you like on TheSite" or "how do you imagine members in real life", (which are a popularity contest, pretty much) you usually get a load of bitching. Just go back a few pages to see the latest one.
  • Options
    You know what I'm saying. Every time we get a thread along the lines of "who do you like on TheSite" or "how do you imagine members in real life", (which are a popularity contest, pretty much) you usually get a load of bitching. Just go back a few pages to see the latest one.

Yeah MLY got banned.

I don't really have strong enough feelings about people on here to say I "hate" them. I don't like narrowminded or patronising views but I don't 'hate' anyone here.
  • Options

Agreed.
  • Options
    katchika wrote: »
    I don't really have strong enough feelings about people on here to say I "hate" them. I don't like narrowminded or patronising views but I don't 'hate' anyone here.

Exactly, same as I don't "love" anyone either.

It's the internet for fuck sake, I'm really a big black woman from Uganda. Hug me! :chin:
  • Options

I don't think they're really a popularity contest because there are so many different types of people on these boards. So you just get people commenting on who they actually speak to/meet up with.. that doesn't make them popular really.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »

It's the internet for fuck sake, I'm really a big black woman from Uganda. Hug me! :chin:

It is the internet for some people but for others it's their social group :crazyeyes
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    It is the internet for some people but for others it's their social group :crazyeyes

Ha ha!
  • Options
    Ha ha!

Ahhh don't think you should laugh really *puts teacher type hat on*

Some people might be disabled and not be able to get out much, or have phobias or something, so are unable to get out much and do rely on the internet for social contact. It is a little bit sad but some people do take it very seriously.

I've got upset about things on the internet in the past, because there are 'real' people behind the screen and insults and nastiness still hurt even if they don't know you in the flesh.

Yerascrote, I always suspected you were a big black woman. I'm actually an aged eskimo
    :)
  • Options

:lol::lol:

Dunno why but that really made me laugh!
  • Options

It'd be shut within seconds, people only really say who they hate at meets when they've got a few pints in them :nervous:
  • Options
    Ahhh don't think you should laugh really *puts teacher type hat on*

Some people might be disabled and not be able to get out much, or have phobias or something, so are unable to get out much and do rely on the internet for social contact. It is a little bit sad but some people do take it very seriously.

I've got upset about things on the internet in the past, because there are 'real' people behind the screen and insults and nastiness still hurt even if they don't know you in the flesh.

Yerascrote, I always suspected you were a big black woman. I'm actually an aged eskimo
    :)

Enuit! Or however it's spelt. Eskimo's aren't PC. I know, I know what you're saying and you shouldn't say anything if you haven't anything nice to say but I like to keep everyone on their toes shall we say.

As do others. It's called diversity, well sort of. :razz:

It keeps this place interesting. :)
  • Options
    Enuit! Or however it's spelt. Eskimo's aren't PC. I know, I know what you're saying and you shouldn't say anything if you haven't anything nice to say but I like to keep everyone on their toes shall we say.

As do others. It's called diversity, well sort of. :razz:

It keeps this place interesting. :)

I apologise to any Ennuits who were offended :blush:

Yeah it would be pretty boring here if everyone was perfect.
  • Options
    I apologise to any Ennuits who were offended :blush:

Yeah it would be pretty boring here if everyone was perfect.

I wish I was an Ennuit sometimes, means I could be pals with Pingu! :hyper:
  • Options
    Innuits you call them.

And contrary to popular belief, none live in igaloos. :(
  • Options
    Innuits you call them.

And contrary to popular belief, none live in igaloos. :(

Why must you shatter the dream?! :crying:
  • Options

Such threads are started every now and again, and generally last for about 30 mins before a mod closes or deletes them.
  • Options

Ah, I'll make it up to you. Recent evidence suggests that the Loch Ness Monster is real, the photo is a bit hazy and you have to look hard but you can clearly see a faint image of a monster in the water, the myth is still alive.

nessie.jpg
  • Options

I made an igloo once!
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    It'd be shut within seconds, people only really say who they hate at meets when they've got a few pints in them :nervous:
    Yep. After all, why do you think I haven't been to any meets for over 18 months? :p
  • Options
    Yep. After all, why do you think I haven't been to any meets for over 18 months? :p

Can't handle your drink?
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote: »
    Can't handle your drink?
    Au contraire, my friend, au contraire. I can handle my drink pretty well nowadays. (never again am I going to allow myself to get pissed after drinking two shandy lagers and one full-strength lager.)