Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Cannabis U-Turn and mental health???

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    smellycat wrote: »
    yes, but no-one really knows which is right or wrong, hence why neither can be labeled as wrong.

You're missing the point. It doesn't matter if we know which is right and which is wrong, at least one still is wrong.
    if one was known to be wrong, and there was proof, it would be a FACT not an opinion.
    FACTS can be wrong, OPINIONS can't.
    Thanks, come again.

OK, new example. It's some peoples' opinions that the holocaust never happened, despite there being hard proof to the contrary.

There's limitless examples I could sit here and give you all day, I just thought you'd be able to get it from my first. Apparently not.
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote: »
    You're missing the point. It doesn't matter if we know which is right and which is wrong, at least one still is wrong.

OK, new example. It's some peoples' opinions that the holocaust never happened, despite there being hard proof to the contrary.

There's limitless examples I could sit here and give you all day, I just thought you'd be able to get it from my first. Apparently not.
    rofl.
    opinions CANNOT be wrong.
    that is why it is an OPINION and not a FACT.

Apparently YOU can't get it.
    There is PROOF. Therefore it is FACT that it happened, not OPINION.
  • Options
    Opinions can be wrong...
  • Options
    no really, they can't.
    what are you all, stupid?
  • Options
    no really, they can't.
    what are you all, stupid?

Oh my god, you're Charlie from Big Brother.
  • Options
    rofl.
    opinions CANNOT be wrong.
    that is why it is an OPINION and not a FACT.

Dear God you're an actual idiot. Explain, then; if a neo-Nazi refuses to believe the holocaust happened, what is his belief called? Surely this is his opinion?
    Apparently YOU can't get it.
    There is PROOF. Therefore it is FACT that it happened, not OPINION.

Yes, to the rest of the educated world it is a fact, but to that one person, it is an opinion; an opinion which is wrong.

What about the phrase "It is the opinion of the court"? What if it is the opinion of the court that one man is guilty, when infact he is innocent? To further this, there may be "proof" that he is guilty, this does not mean he deffinately is guilty.

Please, no semantics about the court not being a person, therefore cannot have an opinion. We both know the opinion of the court is made up by the people within.
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    Oh my god, you're Charlie from Big Brother.
    ...LOL.
    no-where even near.
  • Options
    Dear God you're an actual idiot. Explain, then; if a neo-Nazi refuses to believe the holocaust happened, what is his belief called? Surely this is his opinion?

Yes, to the rest of the educated world it is a fact, but to that one person, it is an opinion; an opinion which is wrong.

What about the phrase "It is the opinion of the court"? What if it is the opinion of the court that one man is guilty, when infact he is innocent? To further this, there may be "proof" that he is guilty, this does not mean he deffinately is guilty.

Please, no semantics about the court not being a person, therefore cannot have an opinion. We both know the opinion of the court is made up by the people within.

...LOL.
    you don't honestly believe a fact can only be right?
    Facts can be proven right OR wrong.
    It's an opinion because there is no fact that the person is guilty or not.

If it is fact, there is no opinion involved.
  • Options
    ...LOL.
    you don't honestly believe a fact can only be right?

Did you even read what I said?
    Facts can be proven right OR wrong.

Er, by deffinition a fact is a fact; it cannot be wrong. What are they teaching in school these days?
    It's an opinion because there is no fact that the person is guilty or not.

What the fuck? I'm talking about my example where there is a "fact" that the person is guilty. People have been wrongly sentenced before, because the facts wrong pointed to them.
    If it is fact, there is no opinion involved.

You're still not getting it. Fact is something that universally dictates what is right and what is wrong, an opinion is one persons belief on what is right and what is wrong. My holocaust analagy still holds strong, as you are yet to address my question; if one holds the belief that the holocaust didn't happen, what is that if not that persons opinion? Whether the facts say it did happen or not is ENTIRELY IRRELEVANT.
  • Options
    Did you even read what I said?

Er, by deffinition a fact is a fact; it cannot be wrong. What are they teaching in school these days?

What the fuck? I'm talking about my example where there is a "fact" that the person is guilty. People have been wrongly sentenced before, because the facts wrong pointed to them.

You're still not getting it. Fact is something that universally dictates what is right and what is wrong, an opinion is one persons belief on what is right and what is wrong. My holocaust analagy still holds strong, as you are yet to address my question; if one holds the belief that the holocaust didn't happen, what is that if not that persons opinion? Whether the facts say it did happen or not is ENTIRELY IRRELEVANT.

A fact is something that can be proven, not something that is right.
    Therefore, evidence, proof, facts, can be wrong.

IT IS NOT AN OPINION.
    It has been proven as fact, thus there is no opinion involved.
    The person is just stupid.
  • Options
    IT IS NOT AN OPINION.
    It has been proven as fact, thus there is no opinion involved.
    The person is just stupid.

Right, it's obvious you can't actually think of a proper reason, and I think everyone else on here knows it.

Thanks for playing, though!
  • Options
    Right, it's obvious you can't actually think of a proper reason, and I think everyone else on here knows it.

Thanks for playing, though!
    Ahahha.
    Or maybe I'm just right in what I've already posted numerous times.
    Yeah, I think that's it.
    Gain some intelligence b4 next game plz.
  • Options
    Ahahha.
    Or maybe I'm just right in what I've already posted numerous times.
    Yeah, I think that's it.

Sigh. Here we go, then:
    o·pin·ion /??p?ny?n/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[uh-pin-yuhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    ?noun

2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

See that? A personal view, attitude or appraisal.

Or how about this deffinition, from further down the page?
    o·pin·ion (?-p?n'y?n) Pronunciation Key
    n.
    A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof:

I think that one spells it out pretty clearly. If you continue to argue your point, you either can't read, or hold the opinion that the dictionary is wrong in its deffinition.
  • Options
    Win

Can I touch your hair?
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    Can I touch your hair?

Just this once.
  • Options
    Just this once.

Yaaaaas.
  • Options
    Sigh. Here we go, then:

See that? A personal view, attitude or appraisal.

Or how about this deffinition, from further down the page?

I think that one spells it out pretty clearly. If you continue to argue your point, you either can't read, or hold the opinion that the dictionary is wrong in its deffinition.

...where were we ever debating what an opinion was?

that definition proves my point entirely.
    thanks. ;D
  • Options
    (Don't feed the)
    troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll
  • Options
    icey wrote: »
    troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll

:rolleyes:
    hardly.
  • Options
    if you got banned, stay banned. it means you're not welcome.
  • Options
    icey wrote: »
    if you got banned, stay banned. it means you're not welcome.
    lol.
    i didn't get banned.

i don't care about being welcome?
    LOL
  • Options
    awesome. to be fair you are keeping me entertained though so thanks.
  • Options
    Are you in this world just to annoy people?
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »
    Are you in this world just to annoy people?
    ...no?
    i shouldn't really be annoying anyone, people just care too much.
    OH NOEZ! INTERNATZ
  • Options
    omfgidc wrote: »
    ...no?
    i shouldn't really be annoying anyone, people just care too much.
    OH NOEZ! INTERNATZ

You spend a fair bit of the day on here repeating yourself, you have no job, have an unfortunate face, taste in clothes, and appear to have the personality of a dried up wank puddle. Why are you still here if it's oh noez internats? Get a fucking hobby you daft mare.
  • Options
    Class thread :D
  • Options
    ohbbyoh wrote: »
    LOL.
    I love my face.
    My face is amazing, tyvm, and I have a decent taste in clothes.
    The rest is assumptions, you know NOTHING about me.
    rofl.

If you preach it's only the internet etc etc, why make a third account to reply to us reprobates? Do you not know how pathetic you look each milisecond?
  • Options
    Actually, I'm done.
  • Options
    anyone else think smellycat was a very opinionated person?? :lol: :razz:
  • Options
    Bullseye wrote: »
    I don't take drugs so don't normally peruse this section, but i saw on ITN news Gordon Brown is going to be re-classifying Cannabis upto Class B. Also, i was watching Richard and Judy the other day and they happened to be doing a segment on the damage cannabis (specifically Skunk, but not limited to it) can do to your brain, particularly while growing up, like at 14-21 while the brain is developing. And they basically said the reason for the increased number of section people and increased number of mental health problems was all down to drug use.

I just wondered what everyone thought of this? I dont mean Richard and Judy, i just meant the supposed correlation between mental health problems and drug use and the governments plans.

(If this should be in Politics, feel free to move it, i wasnt sure where it belonged)

It's just scare mongering BS.

Come on, how many people do you know who have EVER got psychosis from smoking pot?! :confused:

Even if it IS dangerous, who in the heck is Gordon Brown to say what people can smoke?