Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Cannabis U-Turn and mental health???

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    This move will destroy more people's lives, rather than 'save' them, as Gordon Brown thinks he is doing with his 'righteous' anti-drugs crusade.

You are giving him far too much credit, this has nothing to do with morals, or his church upbringing - it has everything to do with the tabloids and looking tough on crime.
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    You are giving him far too much credit, this has nothing to do with morals, or his church upbringing - it has everything to do with the tabloids and looking tough on crime.

:yes: It's a glorified publicity stunt.
    It will be reffered to again and again in the future, especially at election time. We did this for the people, that for the people.... it's bollocks.
  • Options
    Personally based on what I have read I dont believe the risk to the brain from moderate use of MDMA is very high. However you are messing with a part of the brain which wont grow back, and high doses can be clearly shown to be doing damage.

What part of the brain and what damage does it do?
  • Options
    I think most drugs arent too damaging in small amounts. If your taking loads every day, its going to mess you up (as it would with alcohol). I think perhaps the government should be controlling how much people take, rather than what they take (which they obviouisly cant control)..
  • Options
    Just a quick, probably stupid question...

When I was 17, I was reprimanded for possession of Cannabis and they said that it would probably be wiped when I turned 18. If it does get re-classified as a class B drug, they can't dig it up again and put in on my record as a more serious offence can they?
  • Options

When I was 17, I was reprimanded for possession of Cannabis and they said that it would probably be wiped when I turned 18. If it does get re-classified as a class B drug, they can't dig it up again and put in on my record as a more serious offence can they?

:no:
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    What part of the brain and what damage does it do?

It seems to do damage to the seritonin receptors, these regulate mood and a whole hoast of other things. What this damage actually means though is harder to figure out, it could make depression more likely given low seritonin levels are linked to depression, or the other receptors may just learn to work harder, either way its a gamble.

It also seems to have some impact on the dopamine receptors too, these are vital for movement, desire and pleasure. Though these have been studied less, and they only seem to be impacted by long sessions in high temperatures.
  • Options

If you are already over 18 then they shouldnt have a file to bring back up, your prints and everything should have been destroyed completely, if that is what they said would happen.
  • Options
    your prints and everything should have been destroyed completely, if that is what they said would happen.

dont trustthe bastards on that!!! :mad:
  • Options
    z- wrote: »
    dont trustthe bastards on that!!! :mad:

Aye, I got the whole prints, DNA shite when I was 13 and they said they'd destroy the evidence then on the news there last year it was announced that they still had the details of children under 15 arrested in the past 10 years or some shit. Cunts.
  • Options
    havent read all the thread and dont really no what i think bout classification etc but jst wana say;

i know a 17 year old that was an inpatient on a pysch ward from 'smoking too much weed' - in his words
  • Options
    lol @ people who say it has no effect
    you have to be an idiot to do drugs in the first place
  • Options
    smellycat wrote: »

Who said it had no effect?

So everyone that smokes the ocassional spliff, has a few beers at the weekend, or drinks a cup of coffee in the morning is an idiot? Oh ok.
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote: »
    Who said it had no effect?

So everyone that smokes the ocassional spliff, has a few beers at the weekend, or drinks a cup of coffee in the morning is an idiot? Oh ok.
    sorry, am i allowed my own opinions?
    oh, ok.
    in regards to the first two, yes, they are, imo.

+ i wasn't speaking about anyone specifically, it was a general thing, because i know a lot of people do think it has no effect.
  • Options

Why do you think no society ever has been intoxicant free? Its part of the human condition, idiots or not humans have been doing it for thousands of years and will continue to do it.

Also, why draw the line at coffee, its a drug after all, and a strongly addictive one too.
  • Options

You have to be an idiot to make such a stupid and pointless remark in the first place.
  • Options
    You have to be an idiot to make such a stupid and pointless remark in the first place.

you're entitled to your opinion.
    don't expect me to get offended like you, though.
  • Options
    Why do you think no society ever has been intoxicant free? Its part of the human condition, idiots or not humans have been doing it for thousands of years and will continue to do it.

Also, why draw the line at coffee, its a drug after all, and a strongly addictive one too.

coffee is totally different imo.

+ idc. still only for idiots.
  • Options

+ idc. still only for idiots.

No its not....coffe users wake up in the morning irratated until they get there fix of caffine...its an addiction...and the fact that you call anyone an idiot for having a smoke of drinking alchol is just sheer ignorance and stupidity in itself....
  • Options
    No its not....coffe users wake up in the morning irratated until they get there fix of caffine...its an addiction...and the fact that you call anyone an idiot for having a smoke of drinking alchol is just sheer ignorance and stupidity in itself....
    hence why i said imo.
    MY opinion. obviously yours might differ.

no, not all coffee users are irritated until they get a cup of coffee.

it is my opinion, and think of it what you will, I don't care.
  • Options
    stfu and fuck off with your opinion shite you trolling wee cunt

usually i don't care about people online, but i really do hate you :mad:
  • Options
    trolling?
    aha, hardly.

oh, my opinion doesn't agree with yours.
    pity son, but it's too bad. ;[

stop caring so much?
  • Options
    sorry, am i allowed my own opinions?

Not when they're wrong, no.
    in regards to the first two, yes, they are, imo.

Wait, you're actually saying people who drink beer are idiots? Oh lawdy.

The only difference is, coffee is socially accepted. It's still a drug, and some people do need it.

Stick things like "imo" at the end of your statements all you want, your opinion is still ill-informed and well, downright wrong.
  • Options
    Not when they're wrong, no.

Wait, you're actually saying people who drink beer are idiots? Oh lawdy.

The only difference is, coffee is socially accepted. It's still a drug, and some people do need it.

Stick things like "imo" at the end of your statements all you want, your opinion is still ill-informed and well, downright wrong.
    .... opinions can't possibly be wrong.
    sorry to inform you.

i think people who regularly drink are idiots, yes. so?

yes it is still a drug, but it is still DIFFERENT.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    sorry to inform you.

You're opinion that all drugs users are idiots is wrong, because there quite clearly are intelligent users. Fact.
    You can have the opinion that drug use is stupid though, but then again it would be nice to see your reasoning.

Opinions backed up with some sort of evidence or argument generally carry far more weight, and won't result in people instantly dismissing you. You show very little indictation that you know what your talking about here, and havn't explained why you have the opinion you do.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Smellycat - do you actually understand anything about drugs?
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    You're opinion that all drugs users are idiots is wrong, because there quite clearly are intelligent users. Fact.
    You can have the opinion that drug use is stupid though, but then again it would be nice to see your reasoning.

Opinions backed up with some sort of evidence or argument generally carry far more weight, and won't result in people instantly dismissing you. You show very little indictation that you know what your talking about here, and havn't explained why you have the opinion you do.
    i don't need to explain anything.
    i'm not asking anyone to agree with my opinion.
    i'm simply stating it.

opinions still cannot be wrong.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    Smellycat - do you actually understand anything about drugs?

...rofl
  • Options
    sorry to inform you.

Who told you that bullshit? Guy 1's opinion is that the universe was created by the big bang, while guy 2's is that God created us in seven days around 12,000 years ago (yay Evangelical Christians!).

Now, opinion or not, they can't both be right; one of their opinions has to be wrong. Hell, maybe they both are.

EDIT: Honestly, "opinions can't be wrong" is the kind of carebear bullshit I've only heard spewed on these boards when people don't want to offend each other.
  • Options
    Who told you that bullshit? Guy 1's opinion is that the universe was created by the big bang, while guy 2's is that God created us in seven days around 12,000 years ago (yay Evangelical Christians!).

Now, opinion or not, they can't both be right; one of their opinions has to be wrong. Hell, maybe they both are.

EDIT: Honestly, "opinions can't be wrong" is the kind of carebear bullshit I've only heard spewed on these boards when people don't want to offend each other.
    yes, but no-one really knows which is right or wrong, hence why neither can be labeled as wrong.
    if one was known to be wrong, and there was proof, it would be a FACT not an opinion.
    FACTS can be wrong, OPINIONS can't.
    Thanks, come again.