Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

a rant about a 'friend'

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yeah id forget about the dvds, shes being a bitch absolutely on purpose.
    Id tell her to keep them and to fuck off.
  • Options
    I see what you're saying but it just feels like I'm giving in again. An ex boyfriend of mine stole my Ipod and I let him get away with it. I don't want to do that again. I could go to her house but I've never met her parents but apparently they are strict. Plus she won't be in because she practically lives at her boyfriend's house. (Who is mates with my newly ex boyfriend and they happen to live opposite eachother) sucks.
  • Options
    but she has one over on you now because she has something you want. Shes already showing you a huge lack of respect by making out she would be doing YOU a favour by returning what is YOUR property. In one way she will be winning by gaining the dvds, but unless you think shes either going to give them all back without a fuss, unharmed in the very near future, then you will be losing out because you still have to think of her/have her in your life until you get them back.
    The only other thing I can think of is to send someone big and burly round to get them for you
  • Options
    I'm just so upset because of the unfairness of it. I've spoken to my mum and she reckons I should 'put it down to experience'. What am I supposed to learn? Never lend dvds to friends?? Seems hardly a lesson. The other point is that she has said she will return them but again with no date or time she still has the power. I'm not sure what else I can do, set a time frame? How would I word that Eurgh I can't deal with people like her right now. Why does she hate me so much
  • Options
    Rachael wrote: »
    . What am I supposed to learn? Never lend dvds to friends??

:yes:
    its a nightmare getting them back
  • Options
    i just sent her a text

'right i need my dvds back within the next two days. they are needed plus the book. if you are in now i can pick them up'

waiting for reply and expecting zilch really. but i think its fair that i need an allocated time otherwise i'll just go round whenever if she doesnt agree.

god i hope she catches a venereal disease.

filled with hatred and can feel myself going down..down down
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    filled with hatred and can feel myself going down..down down

Please don't let her get you down Rach.

Keep smiling :)
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    Please don't let her get you down Rach.

Keep smiling :)

What he said.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    I once was in a similar situation where I went to great lengths to get a book back that I was convinced the person was keeping to spite me. I eventually got it back after A LOT of heartache, only for it to be stolen in my friends van when he was helping me move out - about a week later. Books, DVDs, whatever - you can replace them. One thing I do still have is the annoying memory of the time I wasted getting it back and the attention that person got from me in the process. I really don't believe that either of you is winning anything in this situation. The lesson you would learn from letting it go is that some people just really aren't worth wasting time on and your precious energies can be put to much better use.
    Think about your true friends - I bet you wouldn't even mind if they kept hold of your DVDs for a bit longer than they should. It's only the so-called 'friends' who upset us who we really want our 'stuff' back from. If you ask me where all my books/dvds are - I honestly couldn't tell you because I lend them out to my good friends all the time. This is something I will never stop regardless of those unfortunate ones who let me down.

Just because some people are cruel doesn't mean that you're weak. Be proud of the genuine, thoughtful person you are.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »

What he said.
    What I said that you said that I said.
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    What I said that you said that I said.
    Shush.
  • Options
    my friends were telling me to send her 'fuck off' type mesages but i kept my cool when i wanted to strangle her. i thought the 'look forward to seeing you' would create a sense of foreboding. ha.

If you send her messages telling her to 'f**k off' then I think she's going to be less likely to give them back.
  • Options
    Material goods can be replaced. Walk away and save your sanity.
  • Options
    I feel like I need to make an attempt. I lent her a book belonging to my mum for a project she was doing. It was a book full of Byron, Keats and Shelley and is part of a collection. I understand what you are saying and I won't be spending night and day on it. People will just know from me what a thieving, nasty person she is. Oh Sofie, I wouldnt tell her to fuck off no matter how tempting it is. Trying to stay calm and cool. I'm going to attempt ringing her tonight/tomorrow/until she has the guts to answer her phone and speaking directly to just say that we need a time and I'll come over and pick them up. Straight-forward and hassle over. Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    (Who is mates with my newly ex boyfriend and they happen to live opposite eachother)

Maybe that's why she's being lke this and not shown you any support. Perhaps she's only heard it from one side of the story (your ex's) and she's sticking with her boyfriend who will be on the side of your ex.
  • Options
    yeah thats what i assumed, thing is she's heard my side of the story and chosen to be quite vocal about her opinions of me in a sneaky way. My ex, I know for sure hasn't even mentioned me to his closest friends. He isn't like that and keeps things inside. So I know it wouldnt be from bitching from Chris. He doesnt even like her and her boyfriend that much.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    Maybe that's why she's being lke this and not shown you any support. Perhaps she's only heard it from one side of the story (your ex's) and she's sticking with her boyfriend who will be on the side of your ex.

Even so that doesn't mean she had to say the things she did to everyone. It's not hard to keep your mouth shut.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    At least, like others said, now you know she's not a friend.

As for the DVDs, my opinion is that under no circumstances should you let her keep them. Go to the house yourself and take them, even if she's not there try to explain the situation (about the DVDs and book) to her parents.

This has happened to me in the past, with two people. I didn't know where one of them lived, so I had to let it go (because I couldn't think of anything else to do). As for the other, I practically stole the thing back from him (I went there supposedly just to visit, then when he was in the bathroom I searched in his room and took it). This would be harder to do since it's not just one thing, but it's an idea I guess... But it might be dangerous, do you think she's evil enough that she might call the police or something and pretend they're hers?
  • Options
    I think she is very childish to behave this way and obviously doesn't understand what you are going through. I would walk away from the possesions and just leave her be.

What goes around comes around and one day she will need someone to be there for her and she will be treated in exactly the same way as she has treated you, maybe then she will feel bad about it maybe not but at least you will be long over it and have moved on with your life with your real friends.
  • Options
    squeal wrote: »
    Even so that doesn't mean she had to say the things she did to everyone. It's not hard to keep your mouth shut.

Did I say any different?
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    Did I say any different?

No you didn't, i just meant even if she didn't show support to be on her boyfriends side it didn't mean she had to say what she did, she could have just as easily said nothing at all.
  • Options
    I feel for you although me saying that wont help as im just a randomer on the internet but its proper shit when friends let you down and ive learnt that the hard way.

*hug*
  • Options
    a sort of update. I sent her a text telling her that I need the things within two days and I can come by and pick them up.

She replied like an hour ago saying that I've spoken to her like dirt and maybe we can sort this out like adults. But yes she will return it to me within two days.

The cheek. I couldnt believe it. My texts to her have been OVERLY polite. She has treated ME like dirt.

Well, when she comes over and hands me the dvd she'll get a smile and a door slammed in her face.
  • Options
    How does she work that out?
  • Options
    I have absolutely no idea. You've read the texts that I've sent on here. I've been perfectly reasonable in keeping my cool especially after everything she has said. In the text she was on about 'reconciling like adults'. Fat chance.
  • Options
    DVDs returned through the letterbox at some point this morning with a note saying she'll return the book tomorrow. Hurrah.
  • Options
    hurrah!
  • Options
    DVDs returned through the letterbox at some point this morning with a note saying she'll return the book tomorrow. Hurrah.
    :D
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Glad that's done with.
  • Options
    Umm..another update. I know someone will disagree with this but I felt the need to write her a letter entirely for my own satisfaction so I did.

I posted it through her boyfriend's door today because that is the only place where she goes.. She texted back denying stuff and re-wording how she said that I cried less over my dad than Chris. Pretty pitiful really. So I replied 'Yawn. Bye now.' So case is closed.

Here is the letter if anyone is at all interested. I realise it may come across angry but that's the mood I was in when I wrote it. I'm really not a psychopath honest.

To George,

I thought I?d post this letter through Antony?s door because this appears to be where you spend the majority of your life nowadays.
    Firstly I think that I should start off by saying that trip to the Globe to see Othello was interesting, not just the play but what a few people had to tell me. Let me narrow it down for you; the class told me EVERYTHING you said about me. Yep every little detail. I bet you?re thinking ?Oh shit?. If you?re reading this with Antony now I suggest you tell him to go play with his Wii toy unless you want him knowing what a nasty and vindictive person you really are.

I had a wonderful time watching Othello at the Globe theatre in London. Such a shame you couldn?t come, I did wonder what you were up to this time with the usual claim of 'busy' but I'm guessing you were just too shame-faced to show up. I feel for you I really do. Next time you bitch about me to people here is a tip: choose folk that actually dislike me as much as you do. Not my friends.

??

Okay you had your chance to get rid of the boyfriend while you read this. Remember when I rang you from the psychiatric clinic to ask you to visit and apparently you were ?VERY busy?? Well if you can recollect I also asked you not to tell the class I was in a psychiatric clinic and to just tell them I was ill. I?m just wondering why in class you began by saying ?Rachael told me not to tell you but?? and then proceeded to tell them where I was. What a jolly good friend you are.

So I hear NADA for you for three weeks (which is the time I spent in hospital apparently MILKING it but that comes later?). I?m going to jump in here before you make the excuse of not being able to get through on my mobile (it was broken). But, you should know my damn address by now. Fuck, I even told you the name of the CLINIC and where I was at. You seem to be one of those girls that preach that they will do anything for a friend but when it inconveniences you then that is all out of the window.

According to your wise self apparently I was MILKING it. Strangely enough that hadn't occurred to me as I hadn't been in contact with the majority of my friends and was putting my energy into intense therapy sessions and getting myself better. Slicing up my arms and attempting suicide in 3 different ways is MILKING it. Well milk me silly because I must be a fucking cow!!

This is for your own good because I think it needs to be explained. Being called a ?wanker? is not the same as being sexually harassed which funnily enough you didn?t seem to give a shit about until it actually affected you. I must apoligise that all the attention was dragged away from you while the Paul scenario was going on. How rude of me to be a victim.

Not only are you a shit friend but you also seem to think that you have the right to judge how I dealt with my own dad dying of a brain tumour. Using a comment such as 'She cried more over Chris than she did over her own dad' is going to make me very fucking angry. So angry in fact I hope that you choke to death on a jelly bean. I seriously do. When my dad died you didn?t even know me and I didn?t know you and it?s not like I discussed my average tear count with you either. Nothing gives you the right to even speak my dad?s name let alone make a heartless comment like that. Sensitivity comes so easily to you and choosing to say that to Emma really took the biscuit so to put it lightly, let?s just say that she wasn?t impressed by that remark.

Lastly the next remark 'She should have known what she was getting herself into when she got with Chris'. What in the name of all things rational is that supposed to mean?? Chris is hardly a drug pushing pimp. It just turned out that he was wrong for me. That's all I'm going to say with regards to our break up. I appreciate that your love life is so AMAZING being with a doormat and everything and I bet you have oooooooodles of fun being his caddy on the golf course. Boy, I sure am jealous. Good luck being a primary school teacher too. This is one of the reasons not to have kids everybody. Georgina might end up teaching/bullying them.

As for telling Keljit to ?stay out of it?. How about you take some of your own advice for a change. YOU stay out of it!? Everything that has happened has been none of your business whatsoever and instead of being a supportive friend you turned out to prove yourself to be a complete and utter bitch.

So Georgina, seeing as you handled my depression with such grace and tact I wanted to thank you for making me realise why I never ever in a million years want to be anything like you. I?d like to thank you for returning Mrs Dalloway. No doubt the topic of mental illness went straight over your narrow minded little head. I seem to remember that you told me about cutting yourself. I would have thought you?d be more sympathetic but?.no.

I would like to add that there is no need for you to reply because firstly it would not be as good as this because you have the creativity of a sock and secondly it would be ripped up on sight without being read thus being a waste of your ?busy? time. Nothing you can say can redeem yourself from everything you?ve done and said about me.

If you hadn?t cottoned on yet, I want nothing more to do with you and don?t expect any more patronizing text messages or claims that I am treating you like dirt. I assumed that was your guilty conscience talking because I have read through all of my Sent messages to you and every last one of them has been polite. I did think it was rather ironic when you said ?let?s sort it out like adults? and then proceeded to post the books through my letterbox with a note that looked like it had been written by a five year old.

Lastly have a good life. I?m sure you will make a ton of friends with a brilliant personality such as yours. After all you have so much going for you. Not. Also thought you should know that not a lot of people like you any more and it?s entirely your own fault I?m afraid.

From your ex-friend.
    Rachael