Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The hunt for Maddie McCann

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    was she definitely abducted though? I haven't followed the case really, but when I heard the story I thought - bollox, she's in a shallow grave and her father's shoes are muddy.
  • Options
    wow if you google maddie mccann thesite is on the first page
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote: »
    Actually it could case me death or serious injury through a road accident as every day I see it (and I see it every day as I wait for the green light whilst on the bike) I get more pissed off at the mass hysteria and absurdity of the whole thing and think about it as I drive off.

We are in desperate need of a dose of sense of proportion and common sense.

A woman could do the same. You catch a glimse of a hottie, then check her out again and then find yourself in the side of another car.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    was she definitely abducted though? I haven't followed the case really, but when I heard the story I thought - bollox, she's in a shallow grave and her father's shoes are muddy.

woah, that's a bit harsh. i dont think he's done anything to make people suspicious? the mass hysteria is yeah..a bit crazy but i guess if you were the parents of a child that had gone missing you would want a worldwide effort to find the most important person in your life.
  • Options
    i know a few people whose 1st thought was the parents.....so katralla aint alone

a few people on here probably have suspicions but kat has the balls to say it
  • Options
    ^^ True

There's something that just doesn't ring true about 2 doctors leaving 3 young children alone while they stuff their faces and don't make use of the babysitting service.

Our next door neighbour popped round yesterday to pick up a parcel and even she brought her kids with her.
  • Options
    Rachael wrote: »
    the most important person in your life.

Well obviously their dinner is more important to them.
  • Options
    Below a snapshop of Sky News website.

See if you can spot what is wrong (very, very wrong) with it. It's not very big, and it's not the main news. Just have a look around.

skynewsct9.jpg

For. Fuck's. Sake. :rolleyes:
  • Options

See if you can spot what is wrong (very, very wrong) with it. It's not very big, and it's not the main news. Just have a look around.

skynewsct9.jpg

Socks Shock as police hunt for rotting body?
  • Options
    Since I don't know what the sock thing is about I'd have said posting someone's photo when they're only a suspect in an investigation and not yet charged with anything - makes them a target for any nutter out there
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    xsazx wrote: »
    isn't he getting at the links on the left "world news" "uk news" "madeleine" :confused:
    :yes:
    FFS!
  • Options
    Littleali wrote: »
    i know a few people whose 1st thought was the parents.....so katralla aint alone

a few people on here probably have suspicions but kat has the balls to say it
    Indeed, it's a thought that crossed my mind too.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    I haven't followed the case really
    but when I heard the story I thought - bollox, she's in a shallow grave and her father's shoes are muddy.

Nice one Clouseau, you solved the case. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    ^^ True

There's something that just doesn't ring true about 2 doctors leaving 3 young children alone while they stuff their faces and don't make use of the babysitting service.

Probably because they thought that being in a place like they were in nothing would happen to them, their locked in their house a sleep.

My parents and my cousins parents had left us for a short while when being on holiday, I guess that's because they are really bad parents and don't give a shit about their own kids.
  • Options

skynewsct9.jpg

For fuck's sake your just being petty? I think I can see it on that page there, am I right?
  • Options
    Makoto wrote: »

cheers, Big Ears?
  • Options
    My parents and my cousins parents had left us for a short while when being on holiday, I guess that's because they are really bad parents and don't give a shit about their own kids.

Yeah, i'd agree with that.

So because you're parents did something that means it's ok does it ?
  • Options

Don't be so fucking patronising. She's just expressing her view. Crime detection involves a lot of guesswork. You make an educated guess to see who could/would/might of comitted a crime and see if the evidence fits.
  • Options
    i cannot believe this is still going on, they've got posters up in amsterdam ffs you just can't escape it.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Yeah, i'd agree with that.

So because you're parents did something that means it's ok does it ?

Sorry, did I say it was ok?

Just out on interest, can you do the following.....

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/6279/spottheracist7648181e2ark0.jpg
  • Options
    wtf has that got to do with the price of fish?
  • Options
    Because it will answer a question I want to know.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I blame Hitler.
  • Options
    I blame Canada.
  • Options
    i cannot believe this is still going on, they've got posters up in amsterdam ffs you just can't escape it.

Indeed. I was in the post office yesterday (in Plymouth) and they had leaflets with Maddie's picture on. I'm sure I've also seen posters up in other shops about her as well.
  • Options
    For fuck's sake your just being petty? I think I can see it on that page there, am I right?
    As other have guessed I was referring to the creation of a Madeleine link underneath the UK News link.

I'm sure I don't have to explain to you the basics of such links. This is a news website and logically its designers have created permanent links to the most relevant sections: UK, World, etc.

The creation of a permanent Madeleine link and its bundling together with the UK, World, politics, business news etc is basically elevating the news (or rather, lack of) about the dissapearance of a single child to similar importance to home and world affairs, and apparently deserving its very own separate section.

It is the single most fucking ridiculous bollocks I have seen in my entire life, and those responsible for it deserve being tied up to a tree in Africa and left for the lions to see if they get a bit of sense of perspective.

This is ludicrous beyond description.
  • Options
    lol, it's only a link been placed below UK News and World News, surly if it bugs you that much then it's best not to visit the site?
  • Options
    It's not a question of me visiting the site or not. It's a question of reflecting on the indescribable and completely disproportionate hysteria surrounding this case.

It's breathtaking. It really is.
  • Options
    Sorry, did I say it was ok?

So why did you mention it ?
  • Options
    They have posters here in Greece as well. I thought they only put posters of people who went missing here...