Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

alternative meet

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Wyetry wrote: »
    I *may* come but only if I can persuade a friend to come with me
    xx

woo more people ! shall i add you to the ever-growing list ?
  • Options
    I don't do pills either :(

So ? you can still drink

its not all about the pills :)
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Those coming from London would find it quicker to come direct from London Euston to New Street with Virgin.
  • Options
    Ha i thought this thread was going to be about a meet where all the "alternative" people can go
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    Those coming from London would find it quicker to come direct from London Euston to New Street with Virgin.
    Unless they decide at the last minute to get stuck on the slow track like the last time I went on that train :grump:.
  • Options
    Blah wrote: »
    Ha i thought this thread was going to be about a meet where all the "alternative" people can go

I can be alternative !

Well no it was called the drugs/ binge drinkers but then it suddenly wasnt such a good idea
  • Options
    Hmmm, more I think about the worse an idea it sounds to go and get completely fucked with people you really don't know from Adam :no:
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    Hmmm, more I think about the worse an idea it sounds to go and get completely fucked with people you really don't know from Adam :no:

but thats how you meet people plus thats kinda what i do every weekend any way .. go out with some mates get fucked wherever and meet random people

i see your point though thats why if im coming il bring a mate
  • Options

I'm hardly scary and I'll just be drinking.
  • Options

It's probably no different to just gettin fucked in a club with loadsa people you don't know. Plus i'm not really bothered if anything goes wrong cos i can look after myself :)
  • Options

Yes, but they would find it cheaper to go on the chiltern train. It doesn't take much longer than the Virgin train.
  • Options

is it more expensive?

i want the cheapest route im not fussed if it takes longer as long as i have my iPod i will be fine
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Lacy wrote: »
    It's probably no different to just gettin fucked in a club with loadsa people you don't know. Plus i'm not really bothered if anything goes wrong cos i can look after myself :)

Exactly what i was thinking
  • Options
    Fair enough, but I'd only ever take pills (not that I do anymore) or whatever with people I trust and who I know would give a shit if something went wrong. I know you're probably all sound but I wouldn't really want to risk it.

Right, enough of my moaning.
  • Options
    Fair enough, but I'd only ever take pills (not that I do anymore) or whatever with people I trust and who I know would give a shit if something went wrong. I know you're probably all sound but I wouldn't really want to risk it.

If it makes you feel any better Bri, aunty lacy will be there to look after the sick and wounded :p
  • Options

You don't have to do anything though if you come. You can just drink alcohol like me :D
  • Options
    My mate probably won't be doing pills cos she's never done them before so she can always look after me ...

Is every body over seventeen ?
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    If it makes you feel any better Bri, aunty lacy will be there to look after the sick and wounded :p

And I thought Mother Teresa was dead ;)
  • Options

Is every body over seventeen ?

omg I suddenly feel old! :p
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »

:lol::lol: Me too!! :o
  • Options

suddenly I feel young :p

then again most of my friends are around twenty any way except from my old school mates
  • Options
    HanHan wrote: »
    :lol::lol: Me too!! :o

Ah wicked you're older than me! :D
  • Options
    Ah wicked you're older than me! :D

Am I?? :lol::lol: Now I feel REALLY old....bet I'll be the oldest one there!! :nervous:
  • Options
    HanHan wrote: »
    Am I?? :lol::lol: Now I feel REALLY old....bet I'll be the oldest one there!! :nervous:

Nah not by much. I'm 23 ;)
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family

I thought u were 19 20
  • Options

Ha! Phew....:thumb:
  • Options
    I'm 21, but I'll be 22 by then.

I think we need to de-emphasise the drugs thing as it is going to put some folk off if they think everyone's gonna be shit-faced expect them! That's not what it's all about and I'm sure there's more than a few people there who won't be taking any. And some of the rest of us who even when we do take them, don't become mongs incapable of coherent thought!
  • Options
    Addict wrote: »
    I'm 21, but I'll be 22 by then.

I think we need to de-emphasise the drugs thing as it is going to put some folk off if they think everyone's gonna be shit-faced expect them! That's not what it's all about and I'm sure there's more than a few people there who won't be taking any. And some of the rest of us who even when we do take them, don't become mongs incapable of coherent thought!

I agree with you

dont want every body to think its all about the drugs ..... im sure some people will be doing them but just because some people dont want to do them doesnt mean they cant come :)

i think it will be fun whether you want to do them or not
  • Options
    I'm not against recreational drug use but I do think it's a bad idea to go to a city you don't know, with people you don't *really* know, to take drugs. What if something goes wrong?

It's best to try things with people you know you can trust to look after you and get you home, in my opinion.
  • Options
    katchika wrote: »
    I'm not against recreational drug use but I do think it's a bad idea to go to a city you don't know, with people you don't *really* know, to take drugs. What if something goes wrong?

It's best to try things with people you know you can trust to look after you and get you home, in my opinion.

Well I won't be taking nowt...but that doesn't mean I'm going to be there to pick up the messy pieces, either!!! :p