Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

alternative meet

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jim V wrote: »
    But it's also worth remembering that whilst we don't organise meets, and we understand people want to meet each other, that we don't have a special license to allow people to organise criminal acts through this website.

We've had to fight hard at times to justify with the charity commission our stance on drug safety - and I can't pretend I'm not uncomfortable that the board being made to look like the facilitor for criminal activity puts us in a very vulnerable position. So more common sense, please.

Okay sorry JimV
    Shame its in Birmingham! Bit of a trek isn't it.

Depending who is going I might be up for it :yes:

Are aiden and turly going too? theyre not on the list.
    Birmingham isn't a trek from Manchester. It's only about 90 minutes on the train.

It's not really my kind of thing (plus I would feel like a pensioner compared to you young ones!), but if you want any advice on Birmingham/places to stay etc just ask.

People coming from London, the cheapest way is on the Chiltern Train from Marylebone. You can get singles for £5, or returns for £15. Look at chiltern trains website.
    Hmmm...have just seen this....I'm thinking of coming tooo! :)

Birmingham's not too massive a trek for me, and aaalll the people who are going so far seem like a right laugh...:)

But...erm...yes...just alcohol for me, too, Stacey, so at least there might be 2 of us old Grannys there now!! :D

And have never been to a rave either...but you know...all in the name of education!! :D
    lipsy wrote: »

It's a fucking trek for me.

Katchika, where is Marleybone station and how do you get there from say London Bridge or Victoria?
    At Victoria get on the underground...

Take the Victoria line to Oxford Circus, then get on the Bakerloo line there which will take you to Marylebone Underground Station.
    icey wrote: »
    This sounds good! Have a lot to fork out for over the coming months and am now currently jobless (resigned today) but funds permitting i will most definately be there!
    Put me in the maybe pile! :D

Aye, I've got alot to fork out too, and I won't be bringing in much dollar either, but I'll try my best.

Birmingham is sooooooo far away from me though. :(
    pill 'ed wrote: »

Katchika, where is Marleybone station and how do you get there from say London Bridge or Victoria?

Marylebone station is up near Baker Street. You need to get the Bakerloo line, so change at Westminster/ Embankment :thumb:

Marylebone is in London, fairly central. I think it's on the Bakerloo line so you would just get a tube from any station.
    Birmingham is sooooooo far away from me though. :(

Aaaa...suck it up and quit yer whining!!!! :p
    JamesZero wrote: »
    At Victoria get on the underground...

Take the Victoria line to Oxford Circus, then get on the Bakerloo line there which will take you to Marylebone Underground Station.

Cheers :)

JamesZero, you coming along?
    If it was a night out in London or something I would be there...

but I have a lot of stuff goin on in the summer, plus I'm saving up for moving as well. Plus I think Goodfella fancys me and I cant be dealing with him sneeking into my hotel room at silly o' clock in the morning :p
    I can't find Marylebone on the Chiltern Railways website http://www.chilternrailwaysfares.co.uk/Station_Search/browse_stations.asp?stx=B&sty=1&searcho=RQ&twoletters=BI

and which Brum station do I go to? lol Snow Hill, Moor Street, the Airport, New Street or just plain old Brum?
    JamesZero wrote: »
    If it was a night out in London or something I would be there...

but I have a lot of stuff goin on in the summer, plus I'm saving up for moving as well. Plus I think Goodfella fancys me and I cant be dealing with him sneeking into my hotel room at silly o' clock in the morning :p

Damn i had the rape drug and rope all sorted :(
    I can't find Marylebone on the Chiltern Railways website http://www.chilternrailwaysfares.co.uk/Station_Search/browse_stations.asp?stx=B&sty=1&searcho=RQ&twoletters=BI

and which Brum station do I go to? lol Snow Hill, Moor Street, the Airport, New Street or just plain old Brum?

New Street
    GoodFella wrote: »
    Damn i had the rape drug and rope all sorted :(

Rope ay... :chin: :naughty:

:p
    From LONDON Marylebone, you get off at either Moor Street or Snow Hill. The stations are only 5 minutes apart.

QUOTE]

Im coming from Reading so its a mission for me but will be worth it

i think im pretty much definately coming depending on who else is coming and if i can sort out some place to stay

pill'ed you gonna get the bus or train ?

and what other southerns are coming and how you all getting there?

QUOTE]

Im coming from Reading so its a mission for me but will be worth it

i think im pretty much definately coming depending on who else is coming and if i can sort out some place to stay

pill'ed you gonna get the bus or train ?

and what other southerns are coming and how you all getting there?

Erm...I'm Southern...depending on money, I'll get coach or train....but hopefully train! (If I come...I'm just a 'maybe' at the mo!)
    If i come probs get the train, not really that far for me plus i know my way around pretty well :D
    HanHan wrote: »

Erm...I'm Southern...depending on money, I'll get coach or train....but hopefully train! (If I come...I'm just a 'maybe' at the mo!)

pill'ed was talking about coaches last night and they sounded alright because i could get the train to london which takes about forty minutes then get on a coach

have NO Idea how i would get to b'ham from london as i can be quite dappy at times and get lost quite easily
    If i come probs get the train, not really that far for me plus i know my way around pretty well :D

ive never been to b'ham apart from driving through it.

actually i went to cadbury world when i was like six but im not even sure if thats in birmingham ?
    oeerrr, sounds like fun!

Too bad I'm in the wrong country for it with little money to spare. :p

pill'ed was talking about coaches last night and they sounded alright because i could get the train to london which takes about forty minutes then get on a coach

have NO Idea how i would get to b'ham from london as i can be quite dappy at times and get lost quite easily

:lol: So coach would prob be best for you then....:p

It's been a while since I've been, but seem to remember the coach drops you pretty close in to the centre?? Can anyone back this up??
    ive never been to b'ham apart from driving through it.

actually i went to cadbury world when i was like six but im not even sure if thats in birmingham ?

:D yeah it is .. sure it is, they were doing tours for it during freshers week. Didnt go though.

If were going Air we HAVE to go to the crown inn, is like the place all Godskitchen clubbers go for a few drinks/ whatever before they head there. Is just round the corner from it.

:lol: So coach would prob be best for you then....:p

It's been a while since I've been, but seem to remember the coach drops you pretty close in to the centre?? Can anyone back this up??

In that case im definately bringing my mate with me cos at least if i get lost i will have some body and she can do all the complicated train changing shit :)
    :D yeah it is .. sure it is, they were doing tours for it during freshers week. Didnt go though.

If were going Air we HAVE to go to the crown inn, is like the place all Godskitchen clubbers go for a few drinks/ whatever before they head there. Is just round the corner from it.

Cadburys world was fun I got free chocolate :D but i remmeber the cafe smelt funny :S

.. anyway

the crown inn sounds good i was just thinking of where we could all go before hand to start off
    Cadburys world was fun I got free chocolate :D but i remmeber the cafe smelt funny :S

.. anyway

the crown inn sounds good i was just thinking of where we could all go before hand to start off

Well i dont think its a good START off place, broad street could be all we need tbh. The Crowns better like an hour or so before you go to the club.
    I *may* come but only if I can persuade a friend to come with me
    xx
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    Cross me off the list.

I don't do pills and don't do Birmingham :no:

I don't do pills either :(