Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Post London Site Meet Thread

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    JsT wrote: »
    Northern meet gonna be blatantly better.

Word.

Sorry. Been watching too many Gladiators re-runs.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    No one ate the lobster? :yum:

my lobster that was, mr pinchy

and shit time it was now since then:banghead:
  • Options
    Ah, I was very attached to Mr. Pinchy. He was the one who was truly responsible for the stick figures, you know. We're just letting Luby take the credit.

And the list is incomplete, there were more names on there when other people added their tuppence worth later.... :yes:

I've still got about an hour's gap in my memory from that night. I was not a well piccolo the next day, either!
  • Options
    I have the stick men! I tried to scan it at uni, but the technician came over and asked if it was work related or not and told me I wasn't allowed to :grump: I shall try and do it at work today, but if I don't I'll take a photo and put that on here instead.
  • Options
    Dr Pirate wrote: »

Thats because good genes run in our family

xxxx

(I'm sorry about my non appearence - i was busy with workish related stuff)
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Wyetry wrote: »
    Thats because good genes run in our family

xxxx

(I'm sorry about my non appearence - i was busy with workish related stuff)
    It's true ;D
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    OMG. A lobster.

Looked fun, you bastards. I still only posses £1.19. ARGGGG.

You needed a skullfuck stick figure ;p
  • Options
    Does no one go clubbing or owt after these meets? They always seem so tame and 'just' in the pub. That'd annoy me espesh if I'd travelled a wee bit, I'd want to end it with a bang. :D
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    Does no one go clubbing or owt after these meets? They always seem so tame and 'just' in the pub. That'd annoy me espesh if I'd travelled a wee bit, I'd want to end it with a bang. :D

I always want to go clubbing but people normally can't as they need to catch trains home and stuff...

http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showpost.php?p=1940084&postcount=135

I wanted to go clubbing both times I went to London but nobody else wanted to :grump:
  • Options
    I always want to go clubbing but people normally can't as they need to catch trains home and stuff...

http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showpost.php?p=1940084&postcount=135

I wanted to go clubbing both times I went to London but nobody else wanted to :grump:

Pah, they're all rubbish.

I might be coming to London in May to see the Shout Out Louds, so I may indulge in a mini meet and perhaps kill you all with my stamina thereafter. :razz:
  • Options
    Awwww, gutted. I live too far away from London!!!!

I think we should arrange a Glasgow meet and you should take everyone to the cool places :D
  • Options
    Awwww, gutted. I live too far away from London!!!!

I think we should arrange a Glasgow meet and you should take everyone to the cool places :D

Haha, they always never work. :razz:

Ooh, did you get Radio 1 Big Weekend tickets yet? You HAVE to get them Stace, it's fucking class for a free stint!
  • Options
    Haha, they always never work. :razz:

Ooh, did you get Radio 1 Big Weekend tickets yet? You HAVE to get them Stace, it's fucking class for a free stint!

Nope, not yet. It says on their website "Towards the end of April we'll be giving you full details of how you can register and how we will be distributing the tickets"

I've registered and not heard anything yet. I am going to apply lots and lots though.

I'm going to be REALLY lucky to get some. There is only 15,000 pairs available and almost everyone I know is applying for them here :(
  • Options
    Nope, not yet. It says on their website "Towards the end of April we'll be giving you full details of how you can register and how we will be distributing the tickets"

I've registered and not heard anything yet. I am going to apply lots and lots though.

I'm going to be REALLY lucky to get some. There is only 15,000 pairs available and almost everyone I know is applying for them here :(

Don't worry, you will get them. Get eeeeeveryone you know who doesn't want to go to register.

If you've family, old work colleagues, get them to register. My Mam ended up getting the ticks for me. :razz:

I didn't get my ticket until about a week before...aw I'm all nostalgic now. I want to go again! I had the BEST time - haha! I was quite wasted at 12pm, quaffing Tesco's two bottles of white vino for a fiver on the bus up. Ha.

zn2al4.gif

But yeah, they don't hand them out until the last minute. But it's imperative if you want to go - you'll get everyone you know to register for you!!
  • Options
    Isn't your name on the ticket though?

Can I get loads of people to apply but using my address? I don't really know anyone who doesn't want to go.

My flat mate (who managed to get tickets last year) just entered her details in about 10 times.
  • Options
    Isn't your name on the ticket though?

Can I get loads of people to apply but using my address?

My flat mate (who managed to get tickets last year) just entered her details in about 10 times.

Nope, the tickets weren't in anyone's name - just the wee white bit of paper that says 'congratumalations - you've won, mrs. becky's mum!' etc

:p
  • Options
    Ooo, cool. I might just apply with loads of people's names then but use my address :o

eta: If you win, do you just find out by post when you get the tickets or do they email you?

It would be great if I could go. Its the weekend after my last exam! :D
  • Options
    Ooo, cool. I might just apply with loads of people's names then but use my address :o

eta: If you win, do you just find out by post when you get the tickets or do they email you?

It would be great if I could go. Its the weekend after my last exam! :D

You just get the tickets posted to you - no confirmation email I'm afraid!

I don't think that'd work with everyone's names and the same address as I think you're limited to 4 per household as you were last year. Do your next door neighbour or something. :)

I'd really like for you to go too, I think you'd love the whole mini music festival scene - totally gee'd me up for Reading and that. :hyper:
  • Options
    Haha, 4 per household....mmm. I'll sort something out :D

Did you manage to go on both days?
  • Options
    Haha, 4 per household....mmm. I'll sort something out :D

Did you manage to go on both days?

No, I only got the Saturday. I really wanted the Sunday though for We Are Scientists, last year.

IT'S SO FUCKING ANNOYING. Those cunts didn't play Reading last year, but played T In The Park.

SO! They're playing Reading this year, but not T In The Park.

I'm hoping they'll play Rockness! :yes:

I loved it last year on the Saturday, ha. Me and my mate were running late for the last bus home and we were sure we had to sleep in the local Salvation Army with these two lads but we made it in time to get home to Glasgow!

It was funny as, as she'd hurt her back as she fell off dancing on one of the lads' shoulders and couldn't run to catch the bus, she just shuffled like..haha. Awww...crackalackin'!

I got my ticket out again for nostalgic purposes...

I saw -

Bloc Party
    Dirty Pretty Things
    Orson - for about two minutes might I add :p
    Razorlight
    The Streets
    Snow Patrol
    Gnarls Barkley
    Corinne Bailey Rae
    Boy Kill Boy

It was a fucking stupendous day. You'd better go! :razz:
  • Options
    Haha, you got the tickets my flat mate wanted! She loves Bloc Party! She still had a good time on the Sunday though!

Its literally on my door step so I better get tickets. I don't wanna have to hear it from outside the park :( Its gonna be even worse if my flat mate gets a pair of tickets for the second time (because she is taking her boyfriend) and I don't!

Do you think think they'd notice if I put Flat D3 for one address and Flat D3-2(thats with my room number, lol)? Haha.

But yes, I hope I get tickets otherwise, I might possibly cry.
  • Options
    Haha, you got the tickets my flat mate wanted! She loves Bloc Party! She still had a good time on the Sunday though!

Its literally on my door step so I better get tickets. I don't wanna have to hear it from outside the park :( Its gonna be even worse if my flat mate gets a pair of tickets for the second time (because she is taking her boyfriend) and I don't!

Do you think think they'd notice if I put Flat D3 for one address and Flat D3-2(thats with my room number, lol)? Haha.

But yes, I hope I get tickets otherwise, I might possibly cry.

Nah, actually see all the stuff you wrote about different names for entries, I'd just do it. But I think you'll actually get priority as it is quite literally on your doorstep!

You'll be reet! :razz:

Oh, and tell your flatmate Bloc Party were sexual. :yes:
  • Options
    There is thousands of students here applying though.

I'm sure you'll find out if I've got any or not :D
  • Options
    There is thousands of students here applying though.

I'm sure you'll find out if I've got any or not :D

They honestly prioritise, trust me. :)
  • Options

thats the bit that i dont understand.. the hells the point in travellin miles for a few jars.. may aswell do it right!
  • Options
    z- wrote: »
    thats the bit that i dont understand.. the hells the point in travellin miles for a few jars.. may aswell do it right!

Noooooo idea. I know if I'd organised a meet - knowing what I know now - I'd well have it last at least a full 48 hours. ;) No one would be going home in one piece.

But I know that's not everyone's cuppa on the boards, that'd why only the warriors would come along. :razz:
  • Options
    Violette wrote: »
    i'd fully be there. ;)

Ditto.

I think we should arrange one tbh :yes:
  • Options
    Violette wrote: »
    i'd fully be there. ;)

Haha, the warriors are left unnamed - they are that great they KNOW who they are.

You're obviously included. :razz:
  • Options

Same here, if I was ever going to one of those I'd be staying in a hotel or hostel for the weekend and partying the bit out the whole time. :D
  • Options
    Noooooo idea. I know if I'd organised a meet - knowing what I know now - I'd well have it last at least a full 48 hours. ;) No one would be going home in one piece.

But I know that's not everyone's cuppa on the boards, that'd why only the warriors would come along. :razz:

I would come too! Though i'd have to think of a suitable excuse for going AWOL for 48 hours.......