Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Where do you pee in public?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was reading yesterday and there was an article on public restrooms. Says the first stall is generally 51% cleaner than the rest of the stalls and is more likely to have toilet paper. Reason, because most people like privacy when the go and tend to go to the last stall.
I always go in the last one. Boo :(

Comments

• Options
    Which ever one is free, but I must admit if no one else is there when I enter I go into the first one. I read something simular a few years back.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Behind a tree! :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Well you have a few to choose from in the New Forest.
  • Options
    I try not to go in public ones if I can help it.
  • Options
    I try not to go in public ones if I can help it.

What do you do while at work/school?

ETA Thats kind of a sick question actually :p
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    What do you do while at work/school?

ETA Thats kind of a sick question actually :p

I go if I have to, obviously, but I'd rather wait until I got home. I'm not usually at uni for long periods of time, so I just go when I get back. Either that or use the new toilets :p I work at the university too, so its the same issue when I'm at work.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Behind a tree! :D

True enough though, and when I'm really pissed I'll just piss against a wall in the city centre, I don't give a fuck!
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Reason, because most people like privacy when the go and tend to go to the last stall.

I tend to go in the one that's cleanest, assuming there's a choice.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    True enough though, and when I'm really pissed I'll just piss against a wall in the city centre, I don't give a fuck!

haha

too many cameras tho .. i remember they lifted some guy one day, for pissing in public the night before
  • Options
    any stall tbh. Im not bothered as long as it looks cleanish and there is loo-roll.
  • Options
    The etiquette in the men's toilets means you either go in one of the two end urinals or right in the middle. You should never go to one where you are closer to one person than another, because you're showing favouritism towards that person. If there is a row of urinals completely free except for one, you go to the one furthest away from that urinal.

If the above conditions aren't met, you either go into one of the cubicles, or stand at the mirror washing your hands until there is one free.
  • Options
    Alleyways or behind buildings. Funny story related to this, my mate got cautioned once for it (got caught by police, they gave him an earful so he gave them one back :D)
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:
    The etiquette in the men's toilets means you either go in one of the two end urinals or right in the middle. You should never go to one where you are closer to one person than another, because you're showing favouritism towards that person. If there is a row of urinals completely free except for one, you go to the one furthest away from that urinal.

If the above conditions aren't met, you either go into one of the cubicles, or stand at the mirror washing your hands until there is one free.

Male toilet etiquette I never knew it was so complex. :chin:
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:

haha, truth
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:

to an exstent that is kind of true..

Me.. it's the urinal furthest away from anyone, rarely use a cubicle. if i do, its the closest to the door,
  • Options
    i was having one on a back street whena women copper come up behind me and started telling me how id get fined 85 quid if she caught me again, damn friends starting fights on the street next to where i went is the only reason they even caught me!
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote:
    to an exstent that is kind of true..
    You mean you don't follow that etiquette?
  • Options
  • Options
    Thanks to Doofay's explaination of etiquette in the men's toilets, I got all 5 right first time.
  • Options
    :D
  • Options
    The Urinal with noone by it. preferably with a gap.

Or behind bushes/in an alleyway after a few too many on a night out. *ahem*

I'm sophisticated.
  • Options
    The best is having to park at the side of the road and put your hazards on so you can stand behind the car and go :p
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    my_name wrote:
    Where do you pee in public?
    In the fountain in the centre of the square. :p

Why is it called in "public" if it's private? A cubicle is private, you usually are alone in there.

Serious reply: The available cublicle that's closer to where I enter the toilet. If none is, the first that empties when it's my turn to enter. I never use urinals.
  • Options
    Zalbor wrote:
    In the fountain in the centre of the square. :p

Thats awsome, cuz I drink out of those :thumb:
  • Options
    Outside McDonalds. I make a point of it. I like my pissing to make a political statement aswell as just relieving my bladder.
  • Options
    I tend to go for the last cubicle!...though if that is dirty/someone hasn't flushed the chain etc, i go for the cleanest available one...ensuring i has toilet roll
  • Options
    I usually go in the 2nd cubicle along. How can men get their pee pee out PUBLICLY at urinals?

I thought blokes are supposed to be all insecure about it.
  • Options
    Whichever is the cleanest and has a lock on the door.

One thing I have learnt - always check there is loo roll before you sit down!
  • Options
    Rachael wrote:
    I usually go in the 2nd cubicle along. How can men get their pee pee out PUBLICLY at urinals?

I thought blokes are supposed to be all insecure about it.

Well you've gotta keep your head fixated infront of you at all times, even when doing your fly up, then sorta look at the floor and turn 180 without seeing anyone's nob.
  • Options
    The middle one. If I have to at all. I hate going to the loo in public, in case people hear me. I REALLY hate going to the loo at other people's houses. I'll only go if I really need to, but I find I need to less.

Must be a subconscious thing.