Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Auz bans HIV positive immigrants

President Howard has suggested that they ban immigrants, including asylum seekers who have HIV because he thinks the rise in infection there is because of immigrants.

Personally I think its just another unpleasant measure that he has brought in to try and maintain Auz as a lovely white country.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/6551245.stm
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    budda wrote: »

Personally I think its just another unpleasant measure that he has brought in to try and maintain Auz as a lovely white country.

:yes: I have to agree.
  • Options
    He's fucking cunt, that Howard is.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote: »

Think thats going a bit far. He hasn't been a bad PM for Oz, but this idea of denying immigrants access on the basis that they are causing/ spreading aids seems crazy.

:thumb:
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    Think thats going a bit far. He hasn't been a bad PM for Oz, but this idea of denying immigrants access on the basis that they are causing/ spreading aids seems crazy.

:thumb:

He already bans immigrants if they have TB, even though its relatively easy to cure.
  • Options

Well Australians seem to like him... He keeps winning elections and he's kept Labour out for over 10 years. And overall he's been good for Australia, don't agree with his social conservatism but it obviously doesn't put his millions of supporters off.
  • Options
    Oh well, that's OK then.
  • Options
    President Howard has suggested that they ban immigrants, including asylum seekers who have HIV because he thinks the rise in infection there is because of immigrants.

He definatly doesn't like them foreigners does he.
  • Options
    It would be interesting to hear the views of an Aussie person.
  • Options
    Well Australians seem to like him... He keeps winning elections and he's kept Labour out for over 10 years. And overall he's been good for Australia, don't agree with his social conservatism but it obviously doesn't put his millions of supporters off.
    Winning elections doesn't mean you're not a cunt or even that your country likes you. Tony Blair is living proof of that.

Though even him hasn't stooped to the low of banning darkies and johnny foreigners under the pretext that they are "spreading AIDS".

Howard= Class A cunt.
  • Options
    Australia needs to implement term caps...immediately.
    The Nazi needs to go.
  • Options
    Anomie wrote: »
    Australia needs to implement term caps...immediately.
    The Nazi needs to go.

BUT, it's the majorities he keeps winning by.

It's not a case of getting shut of him, but the fact that as a whole, the country is happy with this.

I've a few Aussie mates, and they're pretty much in full support of him and his policies - INCLUDING the foreign/immigration policies.
  • Options
    Though even him hasn't stooped to the low of banning darkies and johnny foreigners under the pretext that they are "spreading AIDS".

ok, i dont wanna start a fight but how do you know they arnt spreading AIDS? i mean if you have a large group of people with AIDS entering the country surly then the spreading of AIDS is going to increse?
  • Options
    g_angel007 wrote: »
    I've a few Aussie mates, and they're pretty much in full support of him and his policies - INCLUDING the foreign/immigration policies.

Thats the bad joke about it though, virtually all Aussies are immigrants. What they really mean is they dont want the wrong sort (non whites).
  • Options
    I'm a first generation Australian and I think Howard is a dick and this HIV shit is the most reactionary move he's made in a while.
    Although, much to my dismay in the aggregate, your quissential white Australian is typically cast from a proletarian mold and fear outsourcing and immigrant labour fervently and as such tend to back discriminatory anti-immigrant legislation. Sad but true.

I've lived in Australia for most of my life and I could imagine a lot of people will be pleased with Howards latest "one nation" tact.

I'll be interested to see how it's received. :(
  • Options
    Presumably while working and living illegally in Britain themselves... :p
  • Options

Definitely, the biggest group of illegal immigrants in the UK is South Africans and Aussies out staying their visas.
  • Options
    Anomie wrote: »

I've lived in Australia for most of my life and I could imagine a lot of people will be pleased with Howards latest "one nation" tact.

Aye - from experience, I think they will.
  • Options
    Territt wrote: »
    ok, i dont wanna start a fight but how do you know they arnt spreading AIDS? i mean if you have a large group of people with AIDS entering the country surly then the spreading of AIDS is going to increse?
    Not necessarily. It takes two to tango Anyone who doesn't have protected sex with a stranger is a fool.

But even if one person is irresponsible it doesn't mean they all are going to be doing it. This is thinly veiled racism and anti-immigration bullshit. Simple as.
  • Options
    Territt wrote: »

AIDS is a public health issue which needs to be dealt with by every government - the solutions arent rocket science even if people continually ignore them.

It is the way that it discriminates against the most abused people which makes this measure offensive - the whole point of taking asylum seekers is that they deserve refuge, not that they are cheap labour.
  • Options

Actually no, to be fair, all (to my knowledge) of my Aussie mates are either on that "indefinite leave to remain" VISA thing or have their citizenship thing through, and many have English family so dual passports.

... and not one single one of them is of the travelling, party it up whilst wearing thongs and living in a house with 30 people in type ;) Mostly professionals.
  • Options
    Definitely, the biggest group of illegal immigrants in the UK is South Africans and Aussies out staying their visas.

Got a source for that?
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Got a source for that?

At this moment, no. I'm certain I have heard it in the news, I'll look more when I have the time.
  • Options
    Actually no, to be fair, all (to my knowledge) of my Aussie mates are either on that "indefinite leave to remain" VISA thing or have their citizenship thing through, and many have English family so dual passports.

... and not one single one of them is of the travelling, party it up whilst wearing thongs and living in a house with 30 people in type ;) Mostly professionals.

Stealing British jobs then the scum!

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote: »
    Stealing British jobs then the scum!

:rolleyes:

:lol:

But no doubt the response would be "But at least we're not claiming benefits" etc.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Got a source for that?

I don't have a source but it wouldn't surprise me. Anyone who lives in London know Aussies or Kiwis who've overstayed on their visa. I don't think it's much different in Australia, plenty of Brits go over and overstay...Biggest group or not, plenty of Australians/Brits are illegal immigrants themselves anyway.

Anyway I don't see banning HIV+ immigrants as particularly racist; or will white Europeans be exempt? It's not a nice policy and I'd be reluctant to support it but I'm sure it would ultimately improve overall public health in Australia. HIV cases are increasing rapidly in Australia, if enforced I'd imagine this would to some extent reverse the present worrying trend. It's an awful policy for those tragically affected by HIV, unfair and blanket policies such as this have devestating effects on individuals - but it will be good for Australia, it puts Australia first - and it's because he puts Australia first that Howard commands so much support in Australia.
  • Options
    Again no statistics but I'm willing to bet my house that 99.999% of all new HIV cases in Australia are caused by (white, native) Australians both gay and straight having unprotected sex and (white, native) Australian drug addicts sharing needles.

Which proves why the proposed law to ban HIV+ foreigners from entering is not only an anti-immigration xenophobic load of bollocks by a racist cunt, but completely pointless in the fight against HIV as well.
  • Options
    at the end of the day they are just doing whats best for themselfs, i cant see a problem with that,
  • Options
    Nothwistanding the fact that the measure will have next to no effect at all in HIV cases and therefore is pointless, if everyone stuck to doing 'what's best for themselves' the world would be non-liveable.

I guess we'd better not admit anyone at all into our shores, no matter how desperate their plight might be, because one or two of them are bound to commit a crime here.
  • Options
    Nothwistanding the fact that the measure will have next to no effect at all in HIV cases and therefore is pointless, if everyone stuck to doing 'what's best for themselves' the world would be non-liveable.

I guess we'd better not admit anyone at all into our shores, no matter how desperate their plight might be, because one or two of them are bound to commit a crime here.

i wouldnt have a problem with the uk banning people with HIV entering the country, im not an expart but im sure HIV care costs a lot, and really there is only so much money to go around, choices have to be made,
  • Options
    Oh there are plenty other areas we could take money from before we had to resort to denying entry to HIV+ people, believe me.

In fact we shouldn't deny entry to HIV+ people even if we didn't have enough money to buy a second class stamp. Some things you don't do.