Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

once a cheat always a cheat

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think it depends on the 'once a cheat always a cheat'. I think many people do it the once and that's it.
    Thats true it probably depends on how much you like the person your going out with too
    How true is this?
    And is cheating heredatary (sp) because both my parents have cheated on each other as well as others and I have also had quite a bad reputation for cheating on most of my boyfriends ... I don't know whether its linked or im just not good at the committment thing.

Also ... when boys cheat on their ''missus''/girlfriend/bitch/bird/partner most of the time they get congratulated by their mates and sometimes it makes them more desirable but when a girl does it its a whole different story !!!

It's not genetic or anything but the way your parents cheated on eachother could have had an influence into how you regard cheating. I've cheated once and can safely say I don't want to do it ever again. Was only a kiss but felt completely evil the next day. Didn't like my boyfriend at the time but it still gave me no right to do it. I should have finished it before it went that far. I would never even contemplate cheating on my boyfriend now because I'm in lurve.
    I am probably a perfect example of that rule. I've cheated on probably everyone, well if my memory serves me correctly. There may have been one or two that i didn't.

My dads cheated on my mum several times, hes good at covering his tracks - so am i. I've probably got that from him.
    How true is this?
    And is cheating heredatary (sp) because both my parents have cheated on each other

I hope not! My Mum had an affair!

I've yet to cheat on anyone though.
    I cannot cover my tracks for shit. I am THE Worst liar. all my boyfriends have guessed when i have cheated on them and the guilt usually gets to me ... i dont know why i do it i guess i just get caught in the moment
    I think a lot of people fall into the 'once a cheat always a cheat' category until they find someone they love or someone who cheats on them first..
    Rachael wrote: »
    It's not genetic or anything but the way your parents cheated on eachother could have had an influence into how you regard cheating.
    That's what I would've said.
    i've cheated on every boyfriend.....then i met my fiance...never even wanted to cheat

with the others, there was always something lacking in the relationship so i was tempted more

my fiance is everything i want and need, so i dont feel the need to go out looking for something, as i already have it

so i dont agree with once a cheat always a cheat, people can change
    ;.
    I've cheated and just stop myself taking opportuniies where I can. Like being an alcholic lol, I'm not recovered, just have to avoid the temptation because once you start you can't stop, as it were.

Also, I can't speak for all guys, but definately in my social circle cheating is frowned upon heavily. However, one point, I cheated on my girlfriend (kiss and v. light petting) with another friend, and my friends saw me as the 'vulnerable boyfriend who made a mistake' cos I was going through a rocky patch, and saw her as the 'homewrecker'. Although tbf I said we were both to blame and she said it was all my fault. I was wondering if she was accusing me of sexual assault once - she wasn't, but she was saying that it was all down to me i.e. she didn't consent, which is the same thing isn't it? All because I told my girlfriend straight away afterwards which she thought was unfair of me!?

Lol, but that was years ago, made up now, all's good. Though she still has a holier than thou attitude with everyone. Suspect going to Warwick uni hasn't helped ;) (though this years league tables CLEARLY show York is above it :D)
    i think once a cheat always a cheat is generally true as for the cheating being heredatary i dont think it is most people look at the hurt and pain it caused the family when ur parents do it and then never do it whilst others may see there parents do it and think its ok and do it themselves
    luvmeright wrote: »
    i think once a cheat always a cheat is generally true as for the cheating being heredatary i dont think it is most people look at the hurt and pain it caused the family when ur parents do it and then never do it whilst others may see there parents do it and think its ok and do it themselves

i don't think its okay to do it myself i just think i have quite a careless attitude towards relationships which i have obviously got from my dad (as he is worse than my mum).
    Do you date just to date? Alot of women do this, they feel like they need to be in a relationship, even if they know it's w/completely the wrong person. Then when they meet someone they like better, they cheat. Unless the person they cheat with wants to date, they stay w/whoever they're dating. (What guy realistically is going to want to date someone he has sex w/right away and who is cheating on someone else?) So the cycle continues.
    I have done that before .. but only to get over somebody else. I have been in five fairly long (well for most people) relationships
    A was like 10 months
    -One month break-
    B was for 4 months (that swiftly ended when i cheated on him four times in one night at a party)
    -about ten weeks-
    C was going out with him for 9 months (cheated on him a few times during the relationship then it ended when i met D and got with him)
    -one week break-
    D was on and off for about nine/ten months in that time i had got cheated on him a few times but not towards the last leg of the relationship
    -1 week gap?-
    Starting seeing other boys
    Met E and starting going out with him cheated on him twice with F who i was seeing before i started a relationship with E.

I guess there is a bit of a weird pattern ..
    How true is this?
    And is cheating heredatary (sp) because both my parents have cheated on each other as well as others and I have also had quite a bad reputation for cheating on most of my boyfriends ... I don't know whether its linked or im just not good at the committment thing.

Also ... when boys cheat on their ''missus''/girlfriend/bitch/bird/partner most of the time they get congratulated by their mates and sometimes it makes them more desirable but when a girl does it its a whole different story !!!

I do not think it is genetically inheritable, maybe it's learned/adopted knowledge from your parents.

I don't think a cheater is a desired person of any sex to any party.
    If my friend is with a bitch I might feel joy if he breaks up with her, but I wouldn't support him to cheat, even tho I wouldn't let it affect our friendship either.

justbe careful with the cheating, shit spreads around...
    /e: are you proud of it? sounds like.
    i don't think thats true, people can change if they truely want to
    i normally always cheat but i really like my boyfriend at the moment and i'm trying my best not to cheat, and doing very well:)
    its early days but i like him and don't want to hurt him so im saying no to others, something i never could do before.
    people can change, they just need a lot of will power and love lol x
    StrubbleS wrote: »

justbe careful with the cheating, shit spreads around...
    /e: are you proud of it? sounds like.

Wouldn't say I'm 'proud' but i do get an odd feeling of satisfation from it, only for a minute then I feel guilty because Im not a completely heartless bitch I guess I just don't really trust men and the ones I have trusted have let me down in my twisted logic I take it out on the ones that are nice. .. I think I just have issues ..
    Littleali wrote: »
    i've cheated on every boyfriend.....then i met my fiance...never even wanted to cheat

with the others, there was always something lacking in the relationship so i was tempted more

my fiance is everything i want and need, so i dont feel the need to go out looking for something, as i already have it

so i dont agree with once a cheat always a cheat, people can change

:yes:

Cheating is a symptom of something else.
    I cheated properly once and I really really regret it.

On another episode I found out a girl was seeing me and someone else, so I started shagging around while I was still with her, think thats fair enough TBH.
    I dont think this is necessarily true. I used to cheat when i was younger, then i began to realise how much it hurt whoe ver i was with and havnt done it for a long time now and hopefuly wil never do it again
    How true is this?

I also have a bad reputation and i've been sain' fr a year I would cheat my current BF with a friend of mine.. yeah right, it just took me a week in spring brake without my BF...

I believe my dad has cheated on my mom, or maybe the condoms on his nighstand were for matrimonial use... (uhhh the picture :( )
    I'm very good at covering tracks and not mixing the feelings of the cheat with the current guy... Maybe thats why I keep cheating, 'cause noone finds out =/

(bit of a rambler, i know xp)
    I cheated once. Right in the early days of my only serious relatonship. Was never happy the entire time and would probably have cheated on them again if the opportunity had arisen. The other person was emotionally unfaithful to me (long story) the whole time away.