Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What age...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    LL where have you been? Imagine getting a life on us, so rude... ;)

I always thought I'd start a family young, that's just the way I pictured my life. Therefore I feel really lucky and fit to burst with happiness that I've met the person I want to do all that with while I am young. It's a pretty special feeling.

I imagine we'll probably get married at some point, it seems less important now than it did before and I can't imagine it being for a while anyway. I probably feel that way because kids are definitely commitment enough on their own, and also - for me - the idea of making a child together (as squeal said) is more beautiful - or romantic, I suppose - than the idea of marriage :p I love the idea of having my wee kiddies at my wedding, unconventional as that is sometimes still seen.
  • Options
    Marriage -22ish
    Kids - now ha no seriously about 20/21. Put it this way I am planning a big bash for my 18th and for my 21st I hope to be off the alcohol or having a family meal with a baba. But it all depends on finding "him" and when I will find him.
  • Options
    briggi wrote: »
    LL where have you been? Imagine getting a life on us, so rude... ;)

Damn, you mean someone actually noticed I was gone?! :D

Lol, you implying I didn't have a life before?! :lol: Seriously, I've just been busy with stuff. I'm sort of semi-retired from thesite! But I'll be around... :thumb:
  • Options
    squeal wrote: »
    I'm sure its good whilst it lasts though, if you keep the relationship strong and work together there is no reason why you shouldn't be together always.

I can't wait for the day i marry the man i love and make a child which is part of us both. Ha im such an old romantic :p

Yeah, but you can have all that, yet not throw a pile of cash down the drain just so you get to wear a silly dress and feel special for a day... I can just envisage much better use for vast quantities of cash!
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    When I was younger I always wanted to be married with a baby (or at least one on the way) by 23...but seeing as I am turning that on Friday, and have no wedding ring, or baby that plan went a bit wrong!
    I dont think I could do it at the moment, so married within a couple of years and babies not long after that. So how about 26 and then 27? That sounds ok to me :)
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »

Hugh Grant does in About a Boy

He leads the kind of life I lead when I take time off work. Oh, except I didn't drive a crappy Audi TT. Well, apart for a month until I got my car back.

It's superb! Then I run out of cash and have to go back to work. Arses.
  • Options
    When I was about 15 i wanted children by 25 - i'm not sure i thought that much about marriage but I guess I thought i would be married straight out of univesity.

Anyway as it was i got married at 27 - which felt really young - loads of my friends are still unmarried and apart from last year when a staggering 6 people I knew got married - i still hadly know any married people my age.

I would like to have children by the time i'm 30 but that is physically impossible. I also need to decide weather to put of having children for a few more years and do more carrear stuff or have children and no carrear (well at least for a bit..........)
  • Options
    I'd like to get married in my late twenties and have children in my early thirties :)
  • Options
    Mid-ish to late twentys for both would be nice.
  • Options
    married at 22 - i'm an old romantic too and i'd love to get married young. however, i'm laying down the rule that i'm not marrying someone i've been with for less than 5 years - i figure then you know if you've got a decent chance of going the distance. that rather means that if i'm aiming for 22, i've got to keep a good hold on the bf for the next 5 years ;)

and children? eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeugh. i'm much too selfish.
  • Options
    1. n/a

2. probably 25 or 26 at the earliest.
  • Options
    1) When I'm ready.

2) When I'm ready.

How can you possibly put an age on these things? At some point I'm sure it will all feel right and I may or may not want to get married and have children. I'm not putting an ideal age on it though, as I'm not going to know that until it happens.
  • Options
    Hmm ... probably married in a couple of years or so. Ideally we'd have a house before having children, which requires me to work for a good few years after graduating.

I definitely forsee both though, and I know who with :)
  • Options
    1) When I'm ready.

2) When I'm ready.

:yes:.

I know I want both, but that doesn't mean I know WHEN I want them. I know it'll be once I've finished uni, and when both me and the OH are in steady jobs and we have a house and things like that.

My cousin once said to me to wait until I was at least in my late 20's before I had kids, so I could live my own life first. I agree with that :yes:.
  • Options
    The generations in my family have been mostly 25 years apart, although my sister and myself are the first to lengthen that. She's 26 and I'm 28. There is no right or wrong answer - whenever you feel that it's right.
  • Options
    No idea and no idea. When I meet the right person to settle down and consider having kids with. Probably late twenties/early thirties but you never know.

My ex used to, when drunk, go on about having kids and settling down with me but there was no way in hell I would even have considered it.
  • Options
    Depends. Hopefully a few years after I graduate and have financial security.
  • Options
    My ex used to, when drunk, go on about having kids and settling down with me but there was no way in hell I would even have considered it.

Then why bother being with him? :confused: If you would never have considered it, implies you don't think he's trustworthy enough (or appealing enough) to spend any significant amount of time with....confusing!! :chin:
  • Options
    HanHan wrote: »
    Then why bother being with him? :confused: If you would never have considered it, implies you don't think he's trustworthy enough (or appealing enough) to spend any significant amount of time with....confusing!! :chin:

Perhaps that's why he's an ex ;)
  • Options
    g_angel007 wrote: »

Ha!! Suppose!! :p But it's funny..it's not like I go around thinking every bloke I'm with will be the father of my children, but he always has good qualities I like, and could consider it as a faint possibility....don't think my automatic reaction (even with the worst of them!) would have been "no way in hell!!" if he had have suggested it...
  • Options
    No idea. It would depend on when I'm ready to settle down with someone and we're finacially secure.
  • Options
    g_angel007 wrote: »

Too bloody right. That was my reaction at the time as I always knew the relationship wasnt going to last. My reaction now would be to run and hide far far away. Relationships dont work out for a reason and I certainly dont go into any relationship thinking I'm going to marry the guy or have babies with them coz things dont work out that way.
  • Options
    I'd want to have kids around 27 because my family seem to not be able to give birth after 30, and i think that my career would be at a good stage by that time and i would have thought that other things such as having a stable home (long term rent! :p) and thing would be in order

I don't really want to get married, but i wouldn't mind having some kind of thing...handfasting perhaps...
  • Options
    I already have a child - I had her just after I turned 22. I would like more though.

As for getting married, I'm as good as married already and have been since I was 21 :lol: I'm not sure I want to go through the whole messy planning/having a wedding...all that fuss for an hour or so :no: I threatened when I was 20 and met my partner that if we ever got married it would be in a registry office and we'd wear jeans & t-shirts and not tell anyone, just mention it in passing during general conversation :lol::lol: God that would piss so many people off :chin::naughty:
  • Options
    I threatened when I was 20 and met my partner that if we ever got married it would be in a registry office and we'd wear jeans & t-shirts and not tell anyone, just mention it in passing during general conversation :lol::lol: God that would piss so many people off :chin::naughty:

:lol: So, would that mean that you'd be wearing jeans & t-shirt and some others would turn up in suits and stuff?:lol:
  • Options
    do you

a) want children?

b)want to get married?

28ish to both.
  • Options
    I wanted to have a baby at 23.

Im 23 now though and i ended my relationship with my fiance last year.
  • Options
    Hmm this puzzles me. It's not that i don't want to get married or have children but i just can't see it ever happening.
  • Options
    When i was younger i always envisioned settling down with a family etc at about 23, now im actually aproaching 23 i find the thought terrifying. I'm not sure what age it'll happen at, i'm sure i'll know when the time comes..
  • Options
    icey wrote: »
    When i was younger i always envisioned settling down with a family etc at about 23, now im actually aproaching 23 i find the thought terrifying. I'm not sure what age it'll happen at, i'm sure i'll know when the time comes..

Lol i always thought i'd be a teenage mum :chin:

Thank god i wasn't!