Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What age...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
do you

a) want children?

b)want to get married?

Comments

• Options
    do you

a) want children?

b)want to get married?

a) 10 years ago

b) 6 years ago

:p
  • Options
    When I've finished with my real life. ;)
  • Options
    When I am financially secure and settled enough to.

I would want to have my first child between that age of about 26-28.

In terms of getting married, I am not too fussed. Just whenever the time is right.
  • Options
    I've wanted kids since i was 16, hopefully i will be a mum at 21 or 22

I always wanted to get married young and well i did...i was married at 20
  • Options
    It'll all happen when it's ready too. But I guess realistically I'd like both before I'm 30. So I've got 10 years to find a decent man, trick him into marrying me, and then get pregnant. Or perhaps I could get pregnant by said decent man and use that as an excuse to marry.... Or I could try not being a total ho-bag and court a nice young man with a good job and his own house, and wait for him to propose to me upon a mountain peak on one of our skiing holidays. Y'know, whatever.
  • Options
    I'd like to have children fairly young, say 25 however that will be impossible as i'd like to be in a stable job and relationship, with a healthy income and nice home. Realistically i probably won't have that until i'm 30, but you can't predict the future i may become lucky and have that alot earlier than i think.

As for marriage, i'd like to get married when i'm about 23, obviously that depends on if i've found the right guy by then and if i can afford a wedding.

I wish it was simple but there are so many factors you have to take into account its hard to say.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    squeal wrote: »
    I'd like to have children fairly young, say 25 however that will be impossible as i'd like to be in a stable job and relationship, with a healthy income and nice home. Realistically i probably won't have that until i'm 30, but you can't predict the future i may become lucky and have that alot earlier than i think.
    I'd say pretty much the same thing. It can't happen anymore though, for several reasons including those.
  • Options
    Not sure. I'd like to have kids quite young but it depends on the situation. After uni I imagine and when I'm in a job. Not sure.
  • Options
    kids 24 (which gives me less than 2 years, eek!)

married 23 (which gives me less than a year)

haha
  • Options
    Never, and Never.

Simple :)
  • Options
    Well I'd like my first child at least by my late twenties (27 - 29), because think it would be nice to be feeling reasonably young and energetic when you have your kids!

I mean, it takes enough energy out of you as it is, so stands to reason the younger you are, the more reserve energy you have!

But I'm nearly 25 now, so that'd mean finding a man, getting settled with him and then getting pregnant all within the next 2 - 4 years, which seems like a bit of a tall order!! And I sometimes get worried that if I'm too young when I have a child, I won't know enough to teach them about the world yet...:chin:

Would like to get married, but the child thing is more important to me...and if I get married before or after I have a child, it doesn't really bother me either way.
  • Options
    g_angel007 wrote: »
    Never, and Never.

Why not?
  • Options
    Why not?

I *hate* kids, this seems to deepen as days go by, and I just don't see the point in marriage.

Huge waste of time and money in virtually every case. For me, it's just not something I am interested in. At all.
  • Options
    HanHan wrote: »
    Well I'd like my first child at least by my late twenties (27 - 29), because think it would be nice to be feeling reasonably young and energetic when you have your kids!

I mean, it takes enough energy out of you as it is, so stands to reason the younger you are, the more reserve energy you have!

But I'm nearly 25 now, so that'd mean finding a man, getting settled with him and then getting pregnant all within the next 2 - 4 years, which seems like a bit of a tall order!! And I sometimes get worried that if I'm too young when I have a child, I won't know enough to teach them about the world yet...:chin:

Would like to get married, but the child thing is more important to me...and if I get married before or after I have a child, it doesn't really bother me either way.

You could do what that crazy girl on here did and plan for a baby after like, 1 month. That'd be sensible! :thumb: :lol:;)
  • Options
    You could do what that crazy girl on here did and plan for a baby after like, 1 month. That'd be sensible! :thumb: :lol:;)

That's about as sensible as having one with you because you love children so much :p
  • Options
    That's about as sensible as having one with you because you love children so much :p

Yeah, you're not far off.

I can't wait until the male pill is released... I'll be one of the first people on it.
  • Options
    Tbh i'm not fussed about getting married. As for kids, I really have no idea when - not for a long time anyway.
  • Options
    I'd like a child now, but what I want and what is sensible are two different things.

Not really bothered about marriage, I used to be but since my parents divorced it just seems less relevant.
  • Options
    katchika wrote: »
    I'd like a child now, but what I want and what is sensible are two different things.

Not really bothered about marriage, I used to be but since my parents divorced it just seems less relevant.

Exactly. So many fail, and I just don't see the point in shelling out many thousands of pounds on a single day. Just an utter waste of money.
  • Options
    katchika wrote: »

I think a lot of people feel that way when such things happen, it's a shame, i don't think if my parents divorced id be put off, its down to you to make the relationship work and there are plenty of marriages that are successful.
  • Options
    Exactly. So many fail, and I just don't see the point in shelling out many thousands of pounds on a single day. Just an utter waste of money.

I'm sure its good whilst it lasts though, if you keep the relationship strong and work together there is no reason why you shouldn't be together always.

I can't wait for the day i marry the man i love and make a child which is part of us both. Ha im such an old romantic :p
  • Options
    When I was young I used to think I'd be married by 26, and have a baby by 28, but as I'm now 26, unmarried and childless and still don't feel like I've had enough selfish young-time, I've been forced to reassess!
  • Options

Ha ha!!! :thumb: Seems there's hope, with a new plan, after all...:chin:
  • Options
    I'm just interested in taking life day by day and seeing what happens. If I was to get hitched then fine, whatever. But it's not something I plan for. You can't plan for it because you have no idea what's going to happen. And it always befuzzles me a bit that people have certain ages in their head for having kids and getting married. Have you planned what age you're gonna die at to? No offence, but IMO it just seems like a very narrow-minded way of looking at your future. Part of the fun for me is not knowing right now...
  • Options
    I'm just interested in taking life day by day and seeing what happens. If I was to get hitched then fine, whatever. But it's not something I plan for. You can't plan for it because you have no idea what's going to happen. And it always befuzzles me a bit that people have certain ages in their head for having kids and getting married. Have you planned what age you're gonna die at to? No offence, but IMO it just seems like a very narrow-minded way of looking at your future. Part of the fun for me is not knowing right now...

Long time no see :p

And yeah in answer to your question, id be happy to die at about 78 or something :razz:

But yeah you are right you don't know what will happen, i could be dead tomorrow you never know. Obviously this is all speaking in an ideal world and you have ages in your head because who would want children when you are 50, you want to be able to enjoy them whilst your still young.
  • Options
    I'm sure its good whilst it lasts though, if you keep the relationship strong and work together there is no reason why you shouldn't be together always.

I can't wait for the day i marry the man i love and make a child which is part of us both. Ha im such an old romantic :p

Awww...that's nice!! But try & be a little realistic too - so that if it doesn't work out, and you don't end up 'working together' (sadly, some people find they don't want to be part of a team after all, even though they signed up to it in the first place), it's not toooo hard to take....:thumb:
  • Options
    Have you planned what age you're gonna die at to?
    :lol::lol: Yep....I'm living til I'm in my 90s,me.....:thumb:
  • Options
    Long time no see :p

And yeah in answer to your question, id be happy to die at about 78 or something :razz:

But yeah you are right you don't know what will happen, i could be dead tomorrow you never know. Obviously this is all speaking in an ideal world and you have ages in your head because who would want children when you are 50, you want to be able to enjoy them whilst your still young.

Hi :p

Nah, this is just not my philosophy anymore. I might have kids one day, who knows, but I definately don't think about what age - I'm not sure I even want them. I daydream about the future and the possibilities as much as the next guy, but I don't want it all planned out - I spent years doing that and it drove me mad. These days I just wanna see where life takes me. That's more fun to me, and I feel a damn sight more alive for it...
  • Options
    HanHan wrote: »
    :lol::lol: Yep....I'm living til I'm in my 90s,me.....:thumb:

As much as it'd be nice to live a long time and be around everyone still, the standard of life just gets shitter, i'd rather die being able to walk properly and do what i like doing than living 10 more extra years not being able to get out the chair without being in pain and getting out of breath after walking 10 meters if you know what i mean.
  • Options
    Never, and Never.

Same as, really.

I like the way I life my life justnow - if I fuck up then it's only me who suffers, I'm not responsible for anybody elses happiness and I'm perfectly happy living as an island like Hugh Grant does in About a Boy :yes:

I've been told that it's a waste and I could make some girl so happy one day, but I dunno about that really :p