Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

We need a regular American neo-con poster in here

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by BlackArab
    I will defend any PC to the hilt as long as he's not institutionally racist ;)

very droll:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    WTF are you waffling on about ?

What he means is that, should the UK population wish to use force to oust a Govt we disagreed with, we couldn't because we've given up our right to carry weapons.

Thus we are impotent to act, should we wish to.
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Mostly revolving about the war in Nam (who won it for instance, which incredibly it is not clear in the minds of some)

But he's actually right about the point he makes. He doesn't dispute that ultimately the NVn ended up with the outcome they wanted, but that wasn't a result of miltary action (which was the aspect in which he was directly involved).

The US military never lost a fight in Vietnam - they lost the fight at home.
  • Options
    And a tip of the Chivas Regal bottle to the man with clarity of thought. While you do not agree with the ethical perspective, you maintain objectivity sufficient to comprehend the reality, without your belief system being threatened and crushed ... ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Globe
    While you do not agree with the ethical perspective

Damn right. It's not my Govt which worries me, but yours
    ;)

That said, without arms there is fuck all I could do about them either. Although guerilla tactics seem to work... but even the people fighting the invasion of Iraq have guns of course...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    That said, without arms there is fuck all I could do about them either. Although guerilla tactics seem to work... but even the people fighting the invasion of Iraq have guns of course...

Just because they say guns are banned doesnt mean that they are.

Im sure if I wanted to overthrow the Government I could get a gun or bonb within hours.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Just because they say guns are banned doesnt mean that they are.

Im sure if I wanted to overthrow the Government I could get a gun or bonb within hours.

The last several years? Every time I have stated that illegal firearms are more easily had in Britain than legal firearms are purchased in the US, the attempt has been made to shout me down.

Your statement? Would affirm mine.

So? Which is it? Has the availablity suddenly been made, or is it simply a statement of convenience to a momentary argument? ;)

Firearms confiscation will NEVER eliminate the avaiability to those outside the law, but only those who live within the law. When firearms are outlawed? Only the outlaws will have firearms.

And you supported that premise, unwillingly.

Simple infantry tactic. Ever walk into an ambush, before? :lol:
  • Options
    Weve never had the right to bear arms, and it has always been strictly regulated, but I agree- the law, after Dunblane, is an ass.

But that doesnt mean that any old moron should be allowed to buy a gun, like what your dear NRA think. Because the moron that buys the gun, lets say an assault rifle, then goes out and shoots people at petrol stations.

At least that doesnt happen over here- nine times out of ten, if you get shot its because you, or your family, is a criminal.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Globe
    The last several years? Every time I have stated that illegal firearms are more easily had in Britain than legal firearms are purchased in the US, the attempt has been made to shout me down.

Your statement? Would affirm mine.

So? Which is it? Has the availablity suddenly been made, or is it simply a statement of convenience to a momentary argument? ;)

Firearms confiscation will NEVER eliminate the avaiability to those outside the law, but only those who live within the law. When firearms are outlawed? Only the outlaws will have firearms.

And you supported that premise, unwillingly.

Simple infantry tactic. Ever walk into an ambush, before? :lol:
    guns are every where in the U.K globe. on the criminal side only unfortunately. legaly held hand guns and centrefire rifles have been taken off the public who were reimbursed cash wise. there were only a few illegal guns but as usualy happens when things are made illegal ...and as predicted by a lot of us ...the ammount of illegal weaponry has rocketed. being illegal to me, means handing control over to criminals.
    the fact that the bad guys can carry weapons but the good guys can't is absolutely ridiculous!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit

At least that doesnt happen over here- nine times out of ten, if you get shot its because you, or your family, is a criminal.

And you think THAT is different than in the United States??? :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by morrocan roll

the fact that the bad guys can carry weapons but the good guys can't is absolutely ridiculous!

Careful!!! :eek:

That is EXACTLY what I have been saying for what - three years now? - and it has gotten me banned, continually.

Best make peace with your God, because you have affirmed that Armageddon is around the next corner... ;)