Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

We need a regular American neo-con poster in here

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by LadyJade
    What made you think that was directed at you?

You always use that against me.
    And couldn't really figure out what I've said to bemuse you this time.

Aladdin, care to name those posters which you are talking about?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Doesn't surprise me.
    You seem to be suggesting that I'm some sort of egomaniac who doesn't notice others. If that is the case, you can get off your high horse yourself and kindly fuck off.

If, however, you were suggesting something else altogether please accept my humble apologies. But perhaps you would care to explain further what you meant by that?

I assume that besides from the American gang posters like Balddog, MacKenZie, Vox populi vox Dei, Prufrock and DJP are without relevance.
    Clearly those were the most intelligent and thoughtprovoking posters this site has seen.
    Apparently to you, they never existed.
    And you are suggesting that the reason those people don't post here any more is because of my banter against neo-cons?

There are 10,000 members of these forums. Every year there are hundreds if not thousands of new members as well many others who move on or can't be arsed to post any more. That you try to pin down the people who no longer visit these forums on me or on banter with neo-cons is one of the most laughable things I've ever read.

You certainly seem to have a massive chip on your shoulder about all this. Perhaps the departure of certain poster(s) you could always rely on to lend a hand has affected you more than I could have possibly imagined.

Go and re-read the thread from the beginning, and try to think if it merited this crazy ranting of yours and uncalled for personal insinuations about me. I must say I had thought better of you. :no:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    You seem to be suggesting that I'm some sort of egomaniac who doesn't notice others. If that is the case, you can get off your high horse yourself and kindly fuck off.

If, however, you were suggesting something else altogether please accept my humble apologies. But perhaps you would care to explain further what you meant by that?

Simply comment on the fact that you, though mostly the Oracle, don't seem to be here to debate/discuss/whatever you seem to call it. What makes me say that? Look at the way the posts are written (again, this goes mostly for the Oracle). They are not sent with the intent to make someone listen, simply to make a statement and brush people off.

This became evident, when Simbelyne (I think) made a post about why he was against the Euro. While, I am cetainly for, the way his post was presented made me think through new points which I hadn't though of, and was a very good argument for his side of the case. It was written in a style directed, and which was polite, towards the reader. I don't sense that with neither you or the Oracle.
    It might be directed at someone specific, but not made in a way which is intended to make people listen. Huge difference.

And you are suggesting that the reason those people don't post here any more is because of my banter against neo-cons?

There are 10,000 members of these forums. Every year there are hundreds if not thousands of new members as well many others who move on or can't be arsed to post any more. That you try to pin down the people who no longer visit these forums on me or on banter with neo-cons is one of the most laughable things I've ever read.

You certainly seem to have a massive chip on your shoulder about all this. Perhaps the departure of certain poster(s) you could always rely on to lend a hand has affected you more than I could have possibly imagined.

Go and re-read the thread from the beginning, and try to think if it merited this crazy ranting of yours and uncalled for personal insinuations about me. I must say I had thought better of you. :no:

At least two of those posters have left cause of the state of these boards. Balddog was even on about the same point, in a much more polite way than me, some time ago.

What would make you think that I can't defend myself? What makes you think that I've ever asked for help in the discussion on here (apart from my current thread in Anything Goes :D)?

Maybe you should think about your "uncalled insinuations" about me?
  • Options
    Simply comment on the fact that you, though mostly the Oracle, don't seem to be here to debate/discuss/whatever you seem to call it. What makes me say that? Look at the way the posts are written (again, this goes mostly for the Oracle). They are not sent with the intent to make someone listen, simply to make a statement and brush people off.

This became evident, when Simbelyne (I think) made a post about why he was against the Euro. While, I am certainly for, the way his post was presented made me think through new points which I hadn't though of, and was a very good argument for his side of the case. It was written in a style directed, and which was polite, towards the reader. I don't sense that with neither you or the Oracle.
    It might be directed at someone specific, but not made in a way which is intended to make people listen. Huge difference.
    Oh so I come off as condescending to you? I'd very like to know if that is how others see me as well because that is one aspect of myself I'm unaware of.

Do I get curt sometimes? Of course. Who here can say they don't? But I am neither condescending nor patronising. It is astonishing enough to me that I am having to make such statement, but there you are... If anything I'd thought my posts are rather direct. Quite the opposite of showing off.

If the thread is over a general current event or a random moral/social question you get posts that are informative and detached of emotion. If the issue is more controversial and close to people's hearts then you will get a different style. People should be able to tell them apart and deal with them accordingly.

Re: regular posters. People leave, and undoubtedly some leave because they no longer enjoy debating on the boards. Others come in their place, and I am as positive as I can be that there are more regulars here today than they were a year ago when blows were raining hard and fast on everyone. There is never going to be a forum inclusive enough that everyone likes it and feels comfortable in it.

What would make you think that I can't defend myself? What makes you think that I've ever asked for help in the discussion on here (apart from my current thread in Anything Goes :D)?

Maybe you should think about your "uncalled insinuations" about me?
    Nothing would normally make me think you need help with arguments. But your outburst on this thread seemed to me very out of character- I think everyone else has taken it at face value but I got the impression this has touched a raw nerve with you. Now it seems that raw nerve is your apparent belief that this board is going to the dogs, partially because of me. I guess we'll have to disagree on that point.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    You see, I actually laughed at that.

You still living in Southern US?

Never have, other than my "vacation" on Lovely Parris Island.

I was born in East Oakland, California, and those ignorant of the US might consider California to be part of "the South", but... "the South" is generally taken to be Texas through Virginia.

Being ever so more stable emotionally and intellectually than those who would blather the "trailer park trash" idiocy, I am certain that you understood "inbred" to refer to a philosophical perspective...
    Oh so I come off as condescending to you?

Naw...

Arrogant, self-possessed, insecure, and lost without the clandestine-collaborator to lead you... threatened by exposure to belief systems not parallel to what your handlers have deemed proper, and that belief system you cling tenaciously to would prove ever so fragile were it to be confronted by the reality outside of your microcosm.
  • Options
    I was just going to give this gem the answer it deserves and post a laugh-out-loud icon, but lest we be accused of being condescending, allow me to retort to some of your points.
    Originally posted by Globe
    Arrogant, self-possessed, insecure
    Bollocks. Bollocks. Bollocks. Pot. Kettle. Black.
    and lost without the clandestine-collaborator to lead you
    Obviously not nearly as lost as you miss the lead of that fine US army officer that used to grace us with his presence. Do you remember? That one you were so eager to reply "Yes Sir" to every one of his posts? A green beret or something wasn't he? And a fine beacon to you, by all accounts.

Then again, I guess you can take the man out of the marines but not the marines out the man. I'll put such willing subordination to military training and rank pecking order.
    threatened by exposure to belief systems not parallel to what your handlers have deemed proper, and that belief system you cling tenaciously to would prove ever so fragile were it to be confronted by the reality outside of your microcosm.
    I really swear that I thought for a moment you were talking about yourself there.

For a man who deems it necessary to carry an AK-47 in his truck when going down to the grocery store, who sees everything through the very distorted lenses of the military and whose extremely misguided sense of patriotism tells him it is his duty not to criticise his masters regardless of the (sometimes blatantly obvious) wrongdoings they engage to, it is rather funny of you to talk to others about "realities" and "microcosms".

But by all means, carry on. This forum feels more alive today than it has in months.
    :D
  • Options
    Re: We need a regular American neo-con poster in here
    It's all very well to discuss US foreign policy amongst ourselves and generally agree on the error of Bush's ways. But I do miss the banter against neo-cons!

Nothing more stimulating than checking the forum in the morning (or in the case of pnj, at around 1 pm) and see what sort of bullshit they've put forward this time to defend their Commander-in-Chief.

Globe only posts once in a blue moon, pnj is gone, and good old Greenhat is missing in action (hopefully not for real though). What are we to do?

Can anyone pretend they're a Bushbot until we get a real one? Any takers? :D

there were many a time where i wished i culd fly through telephone lines and jump out through PNJ's computer and constantly kick him until he died
  • Options
    Nothing would normally make me think you need help with arguments. But your outburst on this thread seemed to me very out of character- I think everyone else has taken it at face value but I got the impression this has touched a raw nerve with you. Now it seems that raw nerve is your apparent belief that this board is going to the dogs, partially because of me. I guess we'll have to disagree on that point.

Care to direct me to the outburst?
    I've been pretty calm on here lately. No intended "outbursts" on my behalf.

Btw, I enjoy the difference of opinions. Just not the arrogance which follos.
  • Options
    Re: Re: We need a regular American neo-con poster in here
    Originally posted by turlough
    there were many a time where i wished i culd fly through telephone lines and jump out through PNJ's computer and constantly kick him until he died
    You need help.
    Seriously.
  • Options
    Care to direct me to the outburst?
    I've been pretty calm on here lately. No intended "outbursts" on my behalf.

Btw, I enjoy the difference of opinions. Just not the arrogance which follos.
    Fair enough- outburst was the wrong word. I think 'over-reaction' is what I was looking for- considering the light humour nature of the thread.
  • Options
    In hopes toward the edification of the Palestinian Apologist...

Consult with Man Of Kent... I was on these forums LONG before Greenhat, before you, before the collaborator, and most others.

And further, in that vein? Greenhat came here more to give support to me, not the reverse, as your revised history would profess. But then... Revised History is your favorite subject, is it not?

Further...

There are MANY things concerning GWB that I personally disagree with, but NOT his addressing a necessary issue. He is not the coward which Clinton is/was, who ran from an equally necessary moment in Somalia, and sent the invitation on a golden platter for the WTC moment.

I support the Commander in Chief, to the degree in which his path agrees with me. And I am critical where it is warranted.

And further, again...

Greenhat was Special Operations; he wore the floppy green cover. He is not a "Green Beret", but a Spec Ops officer.

I am a Marine. Marines gravitate to the Marine Corps. The Marine Corps does not "create", nor "mindwash" men into becoming Marines, but guides Marines who enlist into The Corps.

Spec Ops are a subset of the Army. The Marine Corps is a subset of the Navy. Different species. But of a similar mindset: we place our lives on the line to form the perimeter between the reality on the outside, and the pampered idiot parasites on the inside.

And then those parasites such as yourself demean us for our honor, commitment, loyalty, and sacrifice.

Go to this place http://www.palletmastersworkshop.com/namflash.html and learn something. As stated within the forum many times, I was of a liberal mindset, until I lived what is within that site. While the Marine Corps was but 1/17th of my time on earth, it allowed me a clarity which the most are missing within their protected existence.

I do not consider ALL civilians as idiot parasites: those such as Man of Kent, Balddog, and others have disagreed with me continually, but they have demonstrated a respect for the life I have lived, and its sacrifice and service. Those such as you and the collaborator? Are the ones who turn THIS place into a circle jerk, afraid of differing perspective, because of the fragility of your belief system.

Much which you are ignorant of, and I have not the patience - nor inclination - to enlighten those who prefer their ignorance.
  • Options
    I like GWB.

I see nothing wrong with him coming o the UK. And even the poll in the Ultra left Guardian shows that the maj of the UK population support his visit.
  • Options
    Doesn't surprise me.
    I assume that besides from the American gang posters like Balddog, MacKenZie, Vox populi vox Dei, Prufrock and DJP are without relevance.
    Clearly those were the most intelligent and thoughtprovoking posters this site has seen.
    Apparently to you, they never existed.

Where has he said they never existed?

When I joined 2 1/2 years ago this board was buzzing, it was full of lively debate among intelligent posters. People like GFM wer4e on here all the time, it was good.

The gun-toting Americans came and got rid of a lot of people, but others like Mackenzie appeared and dragged this board back up again. Aladdin and Balddog and Clandestine have improved it, so have you and BeckyBoo as well.

My point?

Things come and go, its come full circle. 2 1/2 years ago this board was lively but there was a consensus, and weve got back there again. I seriously doubt that it will last for long.

DJP left for unrelated reasons, btw.

What did I do now?

You were being, shall we say, hypocritcal. There isnt anyone on here with the exception of BeckyBoo who regularly changes their tune on anything because of evidence placed before them- we all have things that we will always say. We will criticise Israel, for instance, and you will defend them to the hilt regardless of what they do. I will criticise the PC brigade, and people like BlackArab will defend them to the hilt.

Its the way of the world.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Paul_2
    I like GWB.

I see nothing wrong with him coming o the UK. And even the poll in the Ultra left Guardian shows that the maj of the UK population support his visit.

It was about 53% wasnt it? A majority sure, but not THE majority.

47% of 60 million is still a lot of dissenters.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit

You were being, shall we say, hypocritcal. There isnt anyone on here with the exception of BeckyBoo who regularly changes their tune on anything because of evidence placed before them- we all have things that we will always say. We will criticise Israel, for instance, and you will defend them to the hilt regardless of what they do. I will criticise the PC brigade, and people like BlackArab will defend them to the hilt.

I don't believe that I was being hypocritical. Don't post in the threads where I know that nothing productive will appear. Where I know that it will turn into a "fight" between me and the others.
  • Options
    I don't believe that I was being hypocritical. Don't post in the threads where I know that nothing productive will appear. Where I know that it will turn into a "fight" between me and the others.

Thats exactly what I meant.

Take the arguments about Palestine. You wont give an inch, yet criticise Clandestine and Aladdin for not doing so. Just as they wont accept that perhaps Israel have a point you refuse to accept that they have a point.

Its swings and roundabouts.
  • Options
    Thats exactly what I meant.

Take the arguments about Palestine. You wont give an inch, yet criticise Clandestine and Aladdin for not doing so. Just as they wont accept that perhaps Israel have a point you refuse to accept that they have a point.

Its swings and roundabouts.

To be honest I never expected to change anyone's opinion. Hope, maybe. Expect, not.

But I'd like to see some communication. That not just being responds and attacks, but atual thought-exchange.
    That is far from the case here.
  • Options

But I'd like to see some communication.

Theres plenty of communication in this forum. I have been taught quite a few things from here. My viewpoint has been changed many times because of the communication that gets used here.

I personally feel sometimes people will not admit that they could be wrong. They make a statement and feel that they cannot change their mind. Myself now as we know sometimes I am hot headed and I know everything and im right, but someone will put something a different way to me and I think well maybe. Theres no shame in that because it means that people here are debating and they are making me look at things from a different angle.
  • Options

But I'd like to see some communication. That not just being responds and attacks, but atual thought-exchange.
    far from your manner in anything goes in the bush thread as well.
    while trying to 'debate' with you in that thread you have to bring up what i smoke! people in that thread were asking you not to insult and attack me ...
    i have said it before jacq, you mostly make a comment about someones post and how dumb or silly it is but then go on to offer no alternative point of view. belittling someones point of view is pretty pointless without offering your own point of view on the matter. your at it again here i see.
  • Options
    Well... I certainly didn't expect this went I posted this light-humoured thread... ;)

Globe... I'm running late for the airport so sadly I can't reply in length. Let me just say that you are certainly much more of a champion of revising history than I could possibly hoped for. Mostly revolving about the war in Nam (who won it for instance, which incredibly it is not clear in the minds of some) or atrocities committed by US troops.

Your pet hate Clinton deserves a chapter in itself. He was no angel and certainly no left-winger... but still better than all the Republican Presidents of the last 20 years put together. That you choose to vent your anger against him instead the Nazi-loving, ultra-corrupt, murderous, cheating, lying scumbags the Bush franchise is, tells legions about the shocking bias that blind you.

I won't even get into your Sega arcade machine world of villains and commies lurking in any corner (hence why you must go armed to the teeth to buy milk, right?) or your definition of "sheep" for the great majority of people in this planet who are repulsed by firearms and refuse to carry one, because we could be here for hours. Talk about delusion.

The worst of all has to be your blind support for meaningless and disgusting wars that had absolutely nothing to do with protecting America, and all to do with protecting the pockets of the oil barons and his corrupt friends in the White House. You talk about honour and sacrifice amongst soldiers. If you care so much about them, why aren't you protesting against successive US governments who sent tens of thousands of troops to untimely deaths in Vietnam and elsewhere so they could push their political agendas. Defending America my arse!

Bye now.
  • Options
    To be honest I never expected to change anyone's opinion. Hope, maybe. Expect, not.

I like to think that I persuaded Balddog to at least consider the possibility that the Israeli government had no desire for an accomodation with Palestinians, as that would culminate in the whittling away of the jewish majority in Israel. To the extent that he stopped posting before I did, I may have succeeded. Don't think I drove him away, though...
  • Options

Your pet hate Clinton deserves a chapter in itself. He was no angel and certainly no left-winger... but still better than all the Republican Presidents of the last 20 years put together.

That would include Ronald Reagan, whose economic strategies were the basis of the well being which Clinton rode, and claimed as his own?

You seem unaware - or perhaps in your insulated little world it is so - that large nations do not raise themselves up, nor crash overnight. The economic downturn which the US is rising from started before Clinton left office, a result of cutting the military in half. Short term = prosperity, cause you ain't spending your nickels. Long term = hundreds of thousand of jobs lost within the supply side.
    But then... you live for the moment, right?

Be aware, grasshopper... Economics rides a sin wave, goes UP and DOWN, in cycles. But then... you still believe that the world is flat, right?

The worst of all has to be your blind support for meaningless and disgusting wars that had absolutely nothing to do with protecting America, and all to do with protecting the pockets of the oil barons ...

If it were "only about the oil", then the US would have simply spent much less money than already expended to BUY the fugging oil from Hussein - which he would have been oh so happy to sell at the cut rate price which he was selling to France and Germany - than has already been spent to depose him.

Terrified of the capitalist boogeyman, aren't you?

If it truly was "about the oil", then THAT was the perspective of France and Germany, the fear of losing their illegally gotten oil. AND the illegal weapons systems sales to Iraq would end, along with public disclosure...
    Let me just say that you are certainly much more of a champion of revising history than I could possibly hoped for. Mostly revolving about the war in Nam (who won it for instance, which incredibly it is not clear in the minds of some) or atrocities committed by US troops.

Ever bother to actually READ the Paris peace accords? Thought not... Would debase your superstition and delusion.

Once again, for the cognitive impaired > EVEN VIETNAMESE GENERALS ADMIT THAT THEY WERE SOUNDLY CRUSHED ON THE BATTLEFIELD, AND HAD NO COURSE OF SURVIVAL BUT TO SURRENDER THE FIGHT, AND LATER BETRAY THE TREATIES WHICH THEY HAD SIGNED. US military had an impossible mission handed to them - contain without a clear military victory, meaning no invading were the enemy hid - yet succeeded ANYWAY. The Paris Accords are the proof of that victory. North Vietnam had not over-run South Vietnam at the time of the Paris Accords, and THAT was the mission statement. What rational person could ever think that to be other than what it was, a military victory?
    Tet was supposed to be a "victory" for the VC and NVA? It virtually ENDED the VC. The Easter Offensive in 1972 was a "victory" for NVn? Their last big push, pushed them to the Paris tables, as SUPPLICANTS, rather than victors.
    Gutless civilians, under pressure of the left, pressed the politicians into abandoning commitment, and left the S Vn government to fall to the communists. Those such as the collaborator are responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of my Brothers. Had constraints been lifted in the early sixties? North Vietnam would have fallen.
    But, if you consider yourself a supplicant of communism, then you would consider the betrayal and squandering of a victory on the ground by the politicians as a "defeat" of the US military, and a victory for communism.

I won't even get into your Sega arcade machine world of villains and commies lurking in any corner (hence why you must go armed to the teeth to buy milk, right?) or your definition of "sheep" for the great majority of people in this planet who are repulsed by firearms and refuse to carry one, because we could be here for hours.

You choose to be a "victim"; I choose to be a combatant. Hardly puts you on a "higher moral plane". Just means you are too gutless to fight back.

Funny you should speak of "Nazi's", since it was your idol Adolf Hitler HIMSELF who introduced the most effective firearms confiscation program in the 20th century. Pol Pot was a true wanker, in comparison.

Got a pet pogrom in your back pocket? Or do you prefer to call it a jihad?

Why I call you sheep? EVEN IF you grew testicles, and intended to do something along the lines of Kermit the frog - i.e. assassinate Bush and Blair - you have willingly made yourselves IMPOTENT, and not enough of a bother to give consideration to. You may wank and bleat to your little sheep heart's content, and be easily ignored, BECAUSE YOU ARE IMPOTENT!

And if you resurrected your head from its anal/cranial inversion? You would observe that the "great majority" of people on this planet HARDLY are morally offended by firearms, it is just the impotent sheep who prefer their parasitic existence, and THAT is a minority.

Tell me again how all the Muslim's of the world are "morally offended" by firearms... Seems I remember that firing their AK-47's into the air at weddings is a treasured cultural pastime...

But then, it is threatening to observe outside of your philosophical microcosm, is it not? Reality is SUCH a terrifying concept...

Bleat away, o impotent one... it SO becomes you!

:lol:
  • Options
    You choose to be a "victim"; I choose to be a combatant. Hardly puts you on a "higher moral plane". Just means you are too gutless to fight back.

WTF are you waffling on about ?

oh and please dont make a mockery out of impotence, its no laughing matter.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo

oh and please dont make a mockery out of impotence, its no laughing matter.

Willful/voluntary impotense, IS!!!

btw... you might consult your DICTIONARY: the PRIMARY definition of IMPOTENT is other than sexual dysfunction... :rolleyes:
  • Options

Why I call you sheep? EVEN IF you grew testicles, and intended to do something along the lines of Kermit the frog - i.e. assassinate Bush and Blair - you have willingly made yourselves IMPOTENT, and not enough of a bother to give consideration to. You may wank and bleat to your little sheep heart's content, and be easily ignored, BECAUSE YOU ARE IMPOTENT!

Oh sorry if I misunderstood you but when you start talking about testicles and mention wank that automatically means a sexual nature to myself.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    far from your manner in anything goes in the bush thread as well.
    while trying to 'debate' with you in that thread you have to bring up what i smoke! people in that thread were asking you not to insult and attack me ...
    i have said it before jacq, you mostly make a comment about someones post and how dumb or silly it is but then go on to offer no alternative point of view. belittling someones point of view is pretty pointless without offering your own point of view on the matter. your at it again here i see.

I am sorry if me mentioning your smoking offended you. Trying to illustrate a point. But I assume it wasn't caught.

And what is it with you constantly telling me that I am only capable of one liners?
    In that same thread I had explained what the fuck I was on about, and when I show some frustration cause you simply don't get it, I am told that I never offer my point of view and explanations.
  • Options
    I am sorry if me mentioning your smoking offended you. Trying to illustrate a point. But I assume it wasn't caught.

And what is it with you constantly telling me that I am only capable of one liners?
    In that same thread I had explained what the fuck I was on about, and when I show some frustration cause you simply don't get it, I am told that I never offer my point of view and explanations.

But then you belittle him for "not getting" the point you make, rather than trying to explain it further so that he DOES get it.

Communication is a two-way street Jacq, and you dont always appear to acknowledge that. Since you brought this point up, after all.
  • Options
    But then you belittle him for "not getting" the point you make, rather than trying to explain it further so that he DOES get it.
    Didn't think that repeating myself for the third time was actually necessary.
  • Options
  • Options
    Where has he said they never existed?

When I joined 2 1/2 years ago this board was buzzing, it was full of lively debate among intelligent posters. People like GFM wer4e on here all the time, it was good.

The gun-toting Americans came and got rid of a lot of people, but others like Mackenzie appeared and dragged this board back up again. Aladdin and Balddog and Clandestine have improved it, so have you and BeckyBoo as well.

My point?

Things come and go, its come full circle. 2 1/2 years ago this board was lively but there was a consensus, and weve got back there again. I seriously doubt that it will last for long.

DJP left for unrelated reasons, btw.

I will defend any PC to the hilt as long as he's not institutionally racist ;)