Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

We need a regular American neo-con poster in here

It's all very well to discuss US foreign policy amongst ourselves and generally agree on the error of Bush's ways. But I do miss the banter against neo-cons!

Nothing more stimulating than checking the forum in the morning (or in the case of pnj, at around 1 pm) and see what sort of bullshit they've put forward this time to defend their Commander-in-Chief.

Globe only posts once in a blue moon, pnj is gone, and good old Greenhat is missing in action (hopefully not for real though). What are we to do?

Can anyone pretend they're a Bushbot until we get a real one? Any takers? :D
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: We need a regular American neo-con poster in here
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    It's all very well to discuss US foreign policy amongst ourselves and generally agree on the error of Bush's ways. But I do miss the banter against neo-cons!

Nothing more stimulating than checking the forum in the morning (or in the case of pnj, at around 1 pm) and see what sort of bullshit they've put forward this time to defend their Commander-in-Chief.

Globe only posts once in a blue moon, pnj is gone, and good old Greenhat is missing in action (hopefully not for real though). What are we to do?

Can anyone pretend they're a Bushbot until we get a real one? Any takers? :D

I would rather shoot myself:p ;)
  • Options
    I like a challenge, but this is quite tough.

Give me an hour or two:)
  • Options
    was interesting wasn't it. between us all i think we proved there is no point ...scared them all off when everything came to pass in the manner foretold by the leftie anti war scumbags!
    i think kermits having a go ...
  • Options
    Slightly OT, but if you like satire.....

He's your man ;)
  • Options
    Re: We need a regular American neo-con poster in here

Oh, you finally realised that you're not the only one here? :rolleyes:

Imagine the others to find somewhere else to play, when people here were too caught up in their own toys.
  • Options
    Re: Re: We need a regular American neo-con poster in here
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Meaning?

Imagine the others to find somewhere else to play, when people here were too caught up in their own toys.
    I play elsewhere too. That's not to say I would not want a resident bushbot on these boards. Neo-con bushbots are to bulletin boards what bathrooms are to houses: essential and a great place to crap on.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: We need a regular American neo-con poster in here

I play elsewhere too. That's not to say I would not want a resident bushbot on these boards. Neo-con bushbots are to bulletin boards what bathrooms are to houses: essential and a great place to crap on.

:lol:

thats great lol
  • Options
    It seems nobody takes Aladdin’s challenge.
    Hmm…I think I could, I understand their logic well and I can imagine myself in their shoes.( at least I think so. And then I read their articles, I mean not Bush’s team but neo-con intellectuals.)
    But I’m afraid it can lead to confusion.
  • Options
    I thought Kermit had had a go already with the 'turning down the volume on Commies' post...

It's a very good neo-con post, but somehow it's not the same when you know your reply is not going to wind up its recipient as it should. :D
  • Options
    I thought Kermit had had a go already with the 'turning down the volume on Commies' post...

It's a very good neo-con post, but somehow it's not the same when you know your reply is not going to wind up its recipient as it should. :D
    That's the problem.
    You're not here to debate/discuss, but to appear oh so smart and brush other people's opinions off.
  • Options
    Hmm seems Al is actually one of a number of posters here who indeed debate and discuss and most often with firm supporting references unlike others who have or may yet still chide and condemn those of us who take the time to address falsehoods with mere quips and sneers.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Hmm seems Al is actually one of a number of posters here who indeed debate and discuss and most often with firm supporting references unlike others who have or may yet still chide and condemn those of us who take the time to address falsehoods with mere quips and sneers.

Firm supporting references as in sources you choose to believe.

Btw, would appericiate it, if you were more direct. Easier to follow.
  • Options
    I don't brush other people's opinions off Jacqs; nor do I attempt to look smart. You should know better than that.

If by "attempting to look smart" do you mean deconstructing heavily-biased nonsense by heavily biased people with a deeply deluded view of the world and who will never, under any circumstances, admit their heroes might have done any wrongdoing, then yes I am guilty as charged.

Perhaps I'm doing too much of a good job with the bushbots then Jacqs? Should I stop posting links that prove that the US government, for instance, has been guilty of torture to spare the blushes of the likes of pnj who climbed on a high horse himself and stated the magnanimous, freedom-loving US government could never do such a thing? What would you expect me to do? To say 'you're right mate, it is absolutely impossible that a soldier of the US army could ever torture others'?

How long would you last attempting to engage in rational debate with a person who, say, continuously claims the Jewish race was inferior to others, or that the Holocaust didn't happen, and that ignores the evidence posted to the contrary?
  • Options
    What's happening is happening. I do not want you nor anyone else to hide that.

But it gets pretty clear to see why people are leaving this forum, there is no discussion here. Merely people using the same kind of arguments as they shoot others down for using.
    Becomes evident, when not participating in the discussion oneself.
  • Options
    If those who made grandeous claims at the start (without any commensurate understanding of the historic context in which the world would see those events for what they were) had ever made any legitimate effort to support their arguments with more than the revisionist claims of certain academically discredited neo-con pundits then there would indeed have been debate.

As it happens, even in the face of clear regurgitation of what the US media was (and continues) putting forward as "informed opinion", there WAS debate here. Debate which consistently exposed the duplicity and the ultimate mess that would be the result of the policy agenda being pursued throughout the globe.

Sadly, as world events vindicated those of us who made every effort to replace the lies with more truthful and contextual analysis, those who preferred to cling to the lies melted away for lack of any credible response other than admission that they had been duped.

You may call that "thinking you're smarter than anyone else", however that is little more than a means of avoiding coming to grips with misinformation. That, Jacq, is the nature and point of debate, two opposing theses, argumentation, and comprehension.

Where supporting references might have been deemed inadequate in any given discussion, true debate methodology requires that the sources themselves be addressed and refuted. That was never the case with those not any longer with us.

If that doesnt sit well with you, then you should assess whether you are prepared to actually engage in legitimate debate.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine

If that doesnt sit well with you, then you should assess whether you are prepared to actually engage in legitimate debate.
    Care to specify what you mean by "legitimate debate"?
  • Options
    What's happening is happening. I do not want you nor anyone else to hide that.

But it gets pretty clear to see why people are leaving this forum, there is no discussion here. Merely people using the same kind of arguments as they shoot others down for using.
    Becomes evident, when not participating in the discussion oneself.
    People are leaving? That's certainly news to me. It is my opinion that there are far more people posting here today then they were, say 10 months ago when everything revolved around slanging matches between the neo-con brigade and the rest.

I think there is better discussion here that's ever been. More people are certainly venturing in from elsewhere then they were a while ago. If anything the level of nastiness has been greatly reduced since all the "when are you going to stop beating your wife up" and "you are a traitor and a collaborator" 'arguments' from Greenie and Thanatos have dried up.
  • Options
    Reread the post Jacq and the excellent follow up commentary by Al, the definition of "legitimate debate" is explained in both.
  • Options
    Re: Re: We need a regular American neo-con poster in here

Do you visit other sites then, Jaq? I have three other regular stop offs, but I like this one best. It's true though, that it's less fun without the gung ho jibes of diesel and thanatos, but banning them doesn't drive them away, it just keeps them keen. I'm sure they'll be back...
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    *yawn*

Can we get a tech in here? The record seems to be stuck.....
  • Options
    I think there is better discussion here that's ever been.

But it does tend to be a discussion rather than a debate. That's what has changed.

What we have here now is too many like-minded people who tend to agree on most issues.

Have to agree though that the tone is different.
  • Options
    Dunno... there still lots of debate and disagreement on lots of issues such as asylum seekers, Europe, tax, policing... but the international edge seems to have gone a bit though.
  • Options
    Dunno... there still lots of debate and disagreement on lots of issues such as asylum seekers, Europe, tax, policing... but the international edge seems to have gone a bit though.

Even then, though, it's pretty much along "party lines". How often can you predict the stance that someone will take?

Of course, Gibraltar bring a whole new approach but we can;t discuss how the Spanish a wrong there (sorry I mean that issue ;) ) for long can we?
  • Options
    Well predictability is common and expected in all of us: members of the public and politicians alike, once you get to know them. If you were to put Ken Livingstone, Richard Littlejohn, Rupert Murdoch and Robert Fisk into a room and ask them to debate about issues such as tax, war, family values or drug decriminalisation, I'm sure most people would be able to predict how each person would answer. I'd still would be interested in the debate that would emerge, even though I would know what each person would more or less say.

I'm always happy to discuss Gibraltar. :) Although being the only person on the boards with a different point of view to the one generally held, it can be exhausting. ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent

What we have here now is too many like-minded people who tend to agree on most issues.

Inbreeding tends to foster that.

It grows tedious, observing the daisy-chain self-admiration society. Perhaps if some actually viewed the real world, rather than their only illusions, and their delusions were not so fragile as to be shattered by reality, then they would not be so threatened by having those illusions questioned and label ALL who question them as "neo-cons"...
    :rolleyes:
    They can go back to their inbreeding, and circle jerks. It was what they do best... ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Globe

You see, I actually laughed at that.

You still living in Southern US?
  • Options
    A bit rich from the man who recently threw a monumental tantrum demanding that no one calls him "trailer park trash".

Inbreeding... great one mate. :D

But interesting nonetheless to see him coming out of the woodwork at this precise time. Coincidence? Something more sinister perhaps? :D

And wouldn't you know it, he uses the word "delusion" again. The irony of it all is almost too delicious to take.

I think you will find that there have been American posters of conservative leaning who have been posting here and have not been branded neo-con bushbots, despite many of us disagreeing with some of their views. That's because they have been debating reasonably and would not be willing to defend the Great Leader if, for instance, he had been seen throwing live babies into ovens for a laugh. Which is something I get the feeling others would attempt to justify.
  • Options
    People are leaving? That's certainly news to me.
    Doesn't surprise me.
    I assume that besides from the American gang posters like Balddog, MacKenZie, Vox populi vox Dei, Prufrock and DJP are without relevance.
    Clearly those were the most intelligent and thoughtprovoking posters this site has seen.
    Apparently to you, they never existed.
    Originally posted by LadyJade
    *yawn*

Can we get a tech in here? The record seems to be stuck.....

What did I do now?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Globe

It grows tedious, observing the daisy-chain self-admiration society. Perhaps if some actually viewed the real world, rather than their only illusions, and their delusions were not so fragile as to be shattered by reality, then they would not be so threatened by having those illusions questioned and label ALL who question them as "neo-cons"...
    :rolleyes:
    They can go back to their inbreeding, and circle jerks. It was what they do best... ;)
    Yeehaw!!!

I was disappointed to see him using the daisy chain analogy, but he slipped in the circle jerk at the end there... :D
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    What did I do now?

What made you think that was directed at you?