Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

someone be nice to me

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    The thing that pisses us off is if we made the same joke about girls, we'd get flamed.

But you probably wouldn't; I think women would be more likely to let it pass than you have been :rolleyes:

And I do get it thankyou. What I don't like is how I make a simple comment and get flamed because women want to be treated equally but only when it's in their favour, blah blah blah, and I felt like it was all directed at me personally, when none of you actually asked for my opinion on what equal rights should mean. If you had, then I would have told you that I think sexist jokes, directed at either sex are fine, because they're jokes. I don't think violence is right, whether it be toward a man or woman. I don't think it's fair that it should be more acceptable for women to go see strippers than it is men. I agree that some women want equal rights all in their favour, and I agree that that wouldn't be right.

But I make one comment and you all seem to assume I'm one of those that want it all their way.

That's how it felt to me anyway.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lil Laura
    And I agree with that philosophy by the way, I am not a Nazi feminist lesbian who doesn't bother shaving lol.

I just think it's pathetic that someone can't make a simple comment, as a joke, which I thought was plainly obvious as a joke, without being flamed for it. If you disagree Bri, that's fine. I can see your point of view. I personally just think it's taking the equal rights/political correctness thing way too far.

And I'm going to shut up now because b_b asked...so nicely lol.

Ah well, its really hard to get your point over some times in text, isnt it?? Shall, we all agree to disagree and have a cuppa cha? :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    Ah well, its really hard to get your point over some times in text, isnt it?? Shall, we all agree to disagree and have a cuppa cha? :D

Yes, let's :)
  • Options
    But you probably wouldn't; I think women would be more likely to let it pass than you have been :rolleyes:

We've done it before. It went down the way we said.
    That's how it felt to me anyway.

Then you're wrong.
  • Options

No, you're just *wrong*. Look at all the ant-men comments that are often made on the Relationships board. They just pass by withut as much as a comment.

Half the reason we're making a point of debating this, is because of that fact.

What I don't like is how I make a simple comment and get flamed because women want to be treated equally but only when it's in their favour, blah blah blah, and I felt like it was all directed at me personally.

To be fair, it was you would said men are the scum of the Earth, hence our arguments centre around you :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    To be fair, it was you would said men are the scum of the Earth, hence our arguments centre around you :rolleyes:

But when you're saying that women want all the benefits of equal rights, but still want to be anti-men it felt like you were directing it at me, telling me that it's not fair for me to expect it. When I don't. I feel like you're judging all my opinions on the entire topic from that one comment.

And I avoid the relationships board.
  • Options
    But when you're saying that women want all the benefits of equal rights, but still want to be anti-men it felt like you were directing it at me, telling me that it's not fair for me to expect it. When I don't. I feel like you're judging all my opinions on the entire topic from that one comment.

Well we weren't aiming all that at you personally. It's just if you make a comment like that then you have to expect people to debate against it, whether it was a joke or not.

Right, must dash, condoms to buy :p

<enter sexist joke here>
  • Options
    Ignoring everything else in the thread (I can't be bothered reading 98 posts) blonde_batman you're absolutely fucking gorgeous *drools, faints and convulses in his own saliva over blonde_batmans fucking brilliant looks* :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by chaos_insomniac
    Ignoring everything else in the thread (I can't be bothered reading 98 posts) blonde_batman you're absolutely fucking gorgeous *drools, faints and convulses in his own saliva over blonde_batmans fucking brilliant looks* :)

Im feeling sad too :(
  • Options
    Im feeling sad too :(

And me :( and I'm gorgeous too, look at my red leather vamp outfit!
  • Options
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    And me :( and I'm gorgeous too, look at my red leather vamp outfit!

Yeah!! Look at my sexy ass wings :(
  • Options
    maybe he does fancy u and u came on too strong - took him by suprise (ive bin taken aback a few times i kinda regretted saying no after)

i still love you :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    dont feel bad skateside...i wud have asked him anyway because it did look like he liked me
    :) Thank you

That makes me feel better, but are you feeling any better?
  • Options
    As chaos clambered to his feet, he saw Hunnypot and VinylVicky and that gorgeous sight was enough to throw him into another fit. ;)
  • Options
    As chaos clambered to his feet, he saw Hunnypot and VinylVicky and that gorgeous sight was enough to throw him into another fit. ;)

oooh....I like it...your such a sweetheart!
  • Options
    oooh....I like it...your such a sweetheart!

yeah but at this rate I'm gonna die!!! :eek2:

*collapses again*
  • Options
    yeah but at this rate I'm gonna die!!! :eek2:

*collapses again*

pmp!
  • Options
    ok...i know this thread has kinda changed from when i started it but if any of you are interested i spoke to james again and asked him why say all that and do all that if hes not interested and he said
    'i do like you but not seriously seriously interested if u know wat i mean! just outfor uncomital stuff with people at the mo! wat u up2?xxx'
  • Options
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    ok...i know this thread has kinda changed from when i started it but if any of you are interested i spoke to james again and asked him why say all that and do all that if hes not interested and he said
    'i do like you but not seriously seriously interested if u know wat i mean! just outfor uncomital stuff with people at the mo! wat u up2?xxx'

Ah, now ya getting somewhere! So what ya saying back?
  • Options
    i said something along the lines of how he had got the wrong idea and that im not lookin 4 a relationship with him cos there is someone else i like as well, just that i like to spend time with him when hes like he was the other day

i was upset mostly beacuse i thought he was just doing it like to lead me on...but he does like me (i think anyways) so its nice just to b with him

does that make any sence?!
  • Options
    Kinda...

I thought you were interested in a relationship, but I must have mis-read something.

But you seem to be feeling better now. Are you?
  • Options
    So it's a good thing he only wants you for a quick shag now and then????
  • Options
    i tend to not make much sence when im upset so probably did sound like i wanted a relationship. if he wanted me and only me id drop everything and id get together with him but im happy to not have him all to myself

yeah much happier now :) thank you all for lettin me moan,.....even if u all did take over my thread :p hehe

but seriously tho....what do you think of that last text?
  • Options
    Yeah it makes sense, just dont let him use you and stay in control babe ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    So it's a good thing he only wants you for a quick shag now and then????

im still a virgin and he knows that. plus hes never tried anything on other than kissing and that was when we were together, its more huggy with him and i than kissy if that makes sence....but no he wudnt try anything to heavy on because he knows thats not wat i want
  • Options
    the text
    i do like you but not seriously seriously interested if u know wat i mean! just outfor uncomital stuff with people at the mo! wat u up2?xxx
    Sounds to me like he's up for a bit of fun, but doesn't just want that fun with one person. He still likes you, doesn't look at you as a potential girlfriend, but thinks you're good enough (fun to be with/cute/whatever) to have fun with.

But I'm not too good at analysing texts I didn't send
  • Options
    You so shouldn't overanalyse things and worry. Instead, you should be calm, collected and relaxed. If he doesn't want you for a proper relationship, so be it; it's his loss.

Also, don't intentionally look for someone with whom to have a relationship, because it will probably, as illustrated, result in heartache, frustration and upset.