Home Health & Wellbeing
At The Mix, we want to make our services as helpful as we can. To do this, we’d love to ask you a few questions about you, your visit to The Mix and its impact. It should take only about 5-10 minutes to complete. Take this survey and get a chance at winning a £200 Amazon voucher​.
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Sign up here

Panic attacks

2»

Comments

• ClaireBearClaireBear She cares Posts: 467 Boards Initiate
    Hiya,
    Here's some helpful info about panic attacks and some constructive things you can do to help control/prevent them:
    http://www.thesite.org/magazine/specials_mental_health/anxiety_stress_and_phobias/panic_attacks.html

CB
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I had a really bad one a few months ago when i found out that my bf had cheated on me. Ended up having to call an ambulance coz it got so bad i couldnt move.

Had a few little ones since but i find trying not to cry or get worked up helps.

my post

thought id post this coz posters gave some good advice (thanx again :)) and may help you feel more at ease that you are not alone.

Hope you feel better :)
    I have panic attacks a lot so I know how they feel.

I was told that yoga can be a great help for panic attacks. I have tried yoga for a while, but haven't done any for a while so my panic attacks are kind of coming back even though I am on medication for my attacks.
  • littlemissylittlemissy knit chick Posts: 9,972
    i've had a few. they are really quite scary. but dont worry ... as you can see, you're not alone in them! :)
    wow, i never knew they were so common!