Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Panic attacks

2»

Comments

• Options
    ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    Hiya,
    Here's some helpful info about panic attacks and some constructive things you can do to help control/prevent them:
    http://www.thesite.org/magazine/specials_mental_health/anxiety_stress_and_phobias/panic_attacks.html

CB
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I had a really bad one a few months ago when i found out that my bf had cheated on me. Ended up having to call an ambulance coz it got so bad i couldnt move.

Had a few little ones since but i find trying not to cry or get worked up helps.

my post

thought id post this coz posters gave some good advice (thanx again :)) and may help you feel more at ease that you are not alone.

Hope you feel better :)
  • Options
    I have panic attacks a lot so I know how they feel.

I was told that yoga can be a great help for panic attacks. I have tried yoga for a while, but haven't done any for a while so my panic attacks are kind of coming back even though I am on medication for my attacks.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    i've had a few. they are really quite scary. but dont worry ... as you can see, you're not alone in them! :)
  • Options
    wow, i never knew they were so common!