Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Churchill said, ''We stood together and, because of that fact, the free world stands.

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Because they were stopped in 1940.

ROFL right. I mean by god, if Hitler had not been stopped in Russia he might he made a right turn due south and established a "dictatorship" over tens of millions of Indians like Great Britain. Soon thereafter he no doubt would have invaded South America along the lines of the forged purported map of the Nazi Invasion plan of South America supplied by British intelligence.
    Certainly, because I don't defend, condone or act as an apologist for that.

Do you defend British Imperialism in the Boer War?
    Would you like to talk about the extermination camps set up by your namesake?

I am not a Nazi.
    The defence of Europe started by Germany invading Poland then, is that right?

You mean the same Poland that was brutalizing millions of Germans ripped away from their country by the imperial powers in the Versailles treaty?
    Again, I don't defend Stalin for the manner in which he treated his people.

I am sure no doubt that many of those Ukrainians dug their own graves before being shot to death with American shovels.
    But then no-one here refers to themselves by the same of a mass murderer.

I would change my name to Andrew Jackson but I like the irony so I will stick with this one.
    Except you that is.

:eek:
    You are right, they didn't murder 10m germans. They murdered 10m people from outside Germany

Are you suggesting that soldiers killed in a declared war are murdered?
    Which war? The first or the second? Or do you subscrive to my view that there was only really one war, we just took a break to allow each side to re-arm themselves.

The second. But actually the war really didn't end there. More German POWs died in Allied Concentration Camps than in the entire Western theatre of the Second World War.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Heydrich
    ROFL right. I mean by god, if Hitler had not been stopped in Russia he might he made a right turn due south and established a "dictatorship" over tens of millions of Indians like Great Britain.

My quote was about Ireland. Perhaps you cannot read?

Hitler had already agreed to let the Japanese have India.
    Do you defend British Imperialism in the Boer War?

Should I?
    I am not a Nazi.

I am not a zebra, but then you didn't suggest I was. Just as I didn;t say you were a Nazi.

You call yourself "Heydrich", your namesake created extermination camps. Is that simple enough for you?
    You mean the same Poland that was brutalizing millions of Germans ripped away from their country by the imperial powers in the Versailles treaty?

Your point being what? That it was okay for the Germans to invade Poland?

So why invade Belguim, the Netherlands, France, Norway, Denmark, Greece, Albania, Romania, Tunisia, Morocco, Egypt etc etc etc

Or were they "brutalising Germans"...
    I am sure no doubt that many of those Ukrainians dug their own graves before being shot to death with American shovels.

Can you be shot with a shovel then?

I'll tell you, when it comes to weapons of war, these Americans are really innovative ;)

Are you suggesting that soldiers killed in a declared war are murdered?

Are you suggesting that the Jews, Gypsies etc murdered in Heydrich's extermination camps were soldiers?

That the "Final Solution" actually referred to soldiers at arms?

Go on. Now tell me that the Holocaust didn't really happen...
  • Options
    Okey dokey.
    The war between Great Britain, France, and Germany was initiated by Great Britain and France declaring war on Germany

The reason that GB and France declared war on Germany in the first place was because they invaded Poland , Czechoslovakia , Austria then afterwards Russia , France , Norway , Italy , Greece , Romania , Bulgaria , Ukraine , and North Africa.

Look Heydrich , you say you are not a Nazi , you are Nazi sympathiser at least , which is bad enough.

The regimes of Stalin , Saddam or other dictators like Mussiolini are equally as terrible as Hitlers , but we are not defending them.

The British empire did commit crimes , but never on the scale of Germanys ones (starting 2 world wars).

Plus , the British Empire spread justice , civilisation and the rule of law throught almost helf of the worlds population.
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Matadore
    Plus , the British Empire spread justice , civilisation and the rule of law throught almost helf of the worlds population.

Hmm. Not so sure about that one.

We spread our version of justice.

If you think that we are "civilised" then you should ask yourself what is meant by "civilised".

And you need to consider what is meant by "rule of law" - I think you'll find many of the countries we conquered would consider it to be less than positive.

That said, British colonialism does bring to mind the Life Of Brian sketch - "what did the Romans ever do for us"
  • Options
    Our version of justice was a damn sight better than what was avaliable to the people before we arrived.

Ah and also , most of the countries we conquered , in Africa especially , were better off under Britian.
  • Options
    Our version of justice was a damn sight better than what was avaliable to the people before we arrived.

In your opinion.
    Ah and also , most of the countries we conquered , in Africa especially , were better off under Britian.

Says who?

Without oil and electricity, just how civilised are we?
  • Options
    Says commen sense , now Africa is a complete mess , it was much better off under Britain.
  • Options
    Appears there is a seriously warped perspective on documented history on both sides of this tete a tete.

As bad (as indeed random as Heydrich's rants are, you matador have some glaring inconsistencies in the presentation of your own position.

There was nothing civilised nor justifiable about the British colonial era. It was a long running catalogue of human rights abuses from start to finish. Even suggesting it was legitimate and right in any way undermines your position as Heydrich's avowed anti-semitism undermines his.
  • Options
    Says commen sense , now Africa is a complete mess , it was much better off under Britain.

Perhaps the reason it is a mess, is because of British colonialism. Have you ever considered that?
  • Options
    My quote was about Ireland. Perhaps you cannot read?

There is not a shred of evidence Hitler had any intention of invading Ireland. The British on the other hand had occupied and plundered Ireland for centuries.
    Hitler had already agreed to let the Japanese have India.

What a tragedy that would be! I suppose that would mean the British who murdered tens of millions of Indians would have to leave! They might have to get out of Singapore and Burma too!
    I am not a zebra, but then you didn't suggest I was. Just as I didn;t say you were a Nazi.

Don't invent the arguments of those you are arguing with and thus attack them with straw men in the future.
    You call yourself "Heydrich", your namesake created extermination camps. Is that simple enough for you?

And this means I support Heydrich's actions how?
    Your point being what? That it was okay for the Germans to invade Poland?

Absolutely. Germany was perfectly within its sovereign rights to re-establish sovereignty over its own people.
    So why invade Belguim, the Netherlands

These nations seem to have had a problem confusing belligerence and neutrality.
    France

That is what happens when you declare war on other countries.
    Norway & Denmark

Norway violated its neutrality. Denmark allowed Germany to station bases.
    Greece & Albania

Treaty with Italy.
    Romania

When did Germany attack Romania?
    Tunisia, Morocco, Egypt etc etc etc

Egypt - a belligerent British protectorate.

Morocco - Where did the Germans invade the nation of "Morocco."

Tunisia - No independent country called "Tunisia" existed until 1956.
    Or were they "brutalising Germans"...

Bad things happen in war.
    Can you be shot with a shovel then?

Pasting error.
    I'll tell you, when it comes to weapons of war, these Americans are really innovative

Sure are, after all, America is the only nation in the world to use atomic weapons in anger.
    Are you suggesting that the Jews, Gypsies etc murdered in Heydrich's extermination camps were soldiers?

Show me where "10 million people" were murdered in "extermination camps."
    That the "Final Solution" actually referred to soldiers at arms?

The Final Solution to the Indian Problem?
    Go on. Now tell me that the Holocaust didn't really happen

Did the Romans kill several billion Jews?
  • Options
    The reason that GB and France declared war on Germany in the first place was because they invaded Poland , Czechoslovakia , Austria

#1. Germany annexed Austria, something the overwhelming majority of Austrians supported.

#2. Germany did not invade a "Czechoslovakia." The ridiculous monstrosity called Czechoslovakia fell apart on its own accord, as it was to do yet again decades later, when Carpatho-Ukraine and Slovakia seceded to escape Czech tyranny.

#3. Germany did invade Poland because Poland annexed German territory filled with millions of Germans and refused to come to a compromise. If Mexico annexed Texas under a punitive treaty that is something I doubt most Americans would accept and in terms of sheer imperialism there are few countries in the world that can compare to the number of treaties the Americans broke with the Indians.
    then afterwards Russia

Russia was part of the Bolshevik Soviet Union that signed a secret military agreement with Roosevelt in 1937.
    France

France declared war on Germany.
    Norway

Violated its neutrality.
    Italy

Germany was allied to Italy.
    Greece

Invaded because it was allied to Italy. The Americans and British later after the war went about slaugthering thousands of Greeks who opposed the occupation.
    Romania , Bulgaria

When did Germany attack Romania and Bulgaria?
    Ukraine

There was no independent Ukraine in the 1940s
    North Africa.

Was divided up into various protectorates of countries at war with Germany.
    Look Heydrich , you say you are not a Nazi , you are Nazi sympathiser at least , which is bad enough.

The Nazis did not starve to death 30 million Indians. The Nazis did not exterminate the American Indians or enslave millions of Africans like the Americans and the British.
    The regimes of Stalin

Which America supported.
    Saddam

Was supported by America as was Pol Pot.
    or other dictators like Mussiolini are equally as terrible as Hitlers

Abraham Lincoln incarcerated by far more political enemies than Mussolini ever did in the Second World War.
    but we are not defending them.

Do you defend the dictator Abraham Lincoln?
    The British empire did commit crimes, but never on the scale of Germanys ones (starting 2 world wars).

Germany did not start the World Wars nor did Germany enslave millions of Africans and sell them for profit like Great Britain nor did Germany starve to death 30 million Indians nor did Germany attempt to addict the Chinese to heroin in the Opium War.

So were you civilizing the Zulus when you were slaughtering them? Were you civilizing the Indians when you murdered tens of millions of its citizens?
  • Options
    There is not a shred of evidence Hitler had any intention of invading Ireland. The British on the other hand had occupied and plundered Ireland for centuries.

Yep. Have I defended that? Excused it, or (in light of your later comments) pretended it didn't happen...
    What a tragedy that would be! I suppose that would mean the British who murdered tens of millions of Indians would have to leave! They might have to get out of Singapore and Burma too!

So iut would have been okay for Germany/Japan to oppress people?
    And this means I support Heydrich's actions how?

You really should learn to read, for several reasons.

1. You might learn some history, and not believe that cock and bullshit you seem to be repeating.

2. You would have seen that I didn't say you supported his actions.
    Absolutely. Germany was perfectly within its sovereign rights to re-establish sovereignty over its own people.

At what point did these people become "German"?

quote]These nations seem to have had a problem confusing belligerence and neutrality....Norway violated its neutrality. Denmark allowed Germany to station bases..[/quote]

Was Germany acting in self defence then?

And when you say "allowed" do you mean, "capitulated to German threats"?
    Pasting error.

So these aren't your thoughts, just a cut a paste job?

Do you have thoughts of your own?
    Show me where "10 million people" were murdered in "extermination camps."

Are you suggesting that Germans didn't kill millions, or that the camps didn't exist?
  • Options
    Yep. Have I defended that? Excused it, or (in light of your later comments) pretended it didn't happen...

You stated. . .

Because they were stopped in 1940.

There is not a shred of evidence Hitler intended to attack Ireland.
    So iut would have been okay for Germany/Japan to oppress people?

It would have been perfectly justifiable for Japan and Germany to attack British Occupied India who were engaged in hostilities with Germany and Japan. Neither Germany or Japan however murdered tens of millions of Indians like the British Empire. It was not Germany which murdered the Irish for centuries - that horrid Irish spectre of Churchill.
    You really should learn to read, for several reasons. 1. You might learn some history, and not believe that cock and bullshit you seem to be repeating.

Show me the "cock and bullshit" that I am repeating.
    2. You would have seen that I didn't say you supported his actions.

A question is not a statement. GG
    At what point did these people become "German"?

If they were ethnic Germans living in artificial states like Poland and Czechoslovakia - especially the millions stripped away by the Versailles dictate.
    Was Germany acting in self defence then?

When Great Britain and France declared war on Germany it was perfectly justified in attacking Great Britain and France, their possessions engaged in hostilites, and their allies. When Norway violated its neutrality and allowed British forces to land upon its soil then Germany was perfectly justified in attacking.
    And when you say "allowed" do you mean, "capitulated to German threats"?

You mean like your threats against Iceland?
    So these aren't your thoughts, just a cut a paste job? Do you have thoughts of your own?

Copying and pasting from my word processor.
    Are you suggesting that Germans didn't kill millions, or that the camps didn't exist?

Show me the 10 million people exterminated in "extermination camps" under orders from Adolf Hitler.

It is not incumbant upon me to make your argument for you, much less to prove a negative.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Neither Germany or Japan however murdered tens of millions of Indians like the British Empire. It was not Germany which murdered the Irish for centuries - that horrid Irish spectre of Churchill.

In both cases I have to ask, was this only because they didn't get the opportunity - bearing in mind their actions on those occasions when they did have the opportunity?

If they were ethnic Germans living in artificial states like Poland and Czechoslovakia - especially the millions stripped away by the Versailles dictate.

On what basis do you refer to these people as "ethnic Germans"?
    When Great Britain and France declared war on Germany it was perfectly justified in attacking Great Britain and France, their possessions engaged in hostilites, and their allies. When Norway violated its neutrality and allowed British forces to land upon its soil then Germany was perfectly justified in attacking.

So they weren't neutral, does that give the right to attack another nation?
    Show me the 10 million people exterminated in "extermination camps" under orders from Adolf Hitler.

It is not incumbant upon me to make your argument for you, much less to prove a negative.

:rolleyes:

1. I didn't say that Adolf ordered the murders.

2. Evidence of cremation is impossible, and you know it.

3. The ever efficient teutonics kept excellent documentary evidence.

Again, I ask you - are you denying that the camps existed or that people were murdered by the German State between 1933-1945?
  • Options
    Welp, I was just mosying along, when I got to thank'n, shoot, why don't I just hitch on up to the PC and post a happy little topic about the UK and American friendship. Yup when I posted this quote...that's what I was thank'n partner, mam *tips cowboy hat*.:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    Welp, I was just mosying along, when I got to thank'n, shoot, why don't I just hitch on up to the PC and post a happy little topic about the UK and American friendship. Yup when I posted this quote...that's what I was thank'n partner, mam *tips cowboy hat*.:p

Have you banged your head? You seem to be hallucinating you're in the Good, the Bad and the Ugly or some other Western or are you just practising for your campaign for the White House? :lol:
  • Options
    Kev...it just got so serious. Actually the most shocking thing to me was that I quoted Bugs Bunny. I got afraid in the house alone, so I put the t.v. and radio on. And Bugs was on t.v. and apparently on this thread too. I must have typed what he was saying on t.v. :p
  • Options

The war between Great Britain, France, and Germany was initiated by Great Britain and France declaring war on Germany..

The Nazi'sinvaded Poland after a clear warning from the UK/France that that would lead to war. The Nazi's started it. If the UK was so keen on war then why was Hitler appeased for so long?
  • Options
    His take is that if not for the Allies, Germany would include all the Germanic tribes of Europe in Poland, the Cheq Republic and more.