Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I'm against drugs.

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'll just have my two cents here. Pj, I'm also against drugs. I have never taken drugs and I don't want to but I'm not going into my reasons on here. Now I have never ever posted in here before because of this fact , and I'm chicken but well done for not being afraid to stand out of the crowd despite just knowing you're going to get attacked by drug users on here. When I first joined thesite and saw this board I thought this was about clarifying drug laws, horror stories of friends who had taken illegal substances and who had got caught or ill and things like that. I never dreamed that everyone on here would be openly discussing the use and abuse of drugs like heroin and ecstasy like these drugs were cadbury's roses or something. But the people on here seem to at least know what they're talking about and have some comprehension of the consequences of what they say. Still, guys, just because someone makes a thread about being against drugs doesn't mean you can lay into him like that. As some have already said, it's good to have someone with a different opinion to yours. Imagine the world if we were all small minded junkies?
  • Options
    I've not seen anyone attacked for speaking out on drugs on here. Just reasoned well thought out argument. There are people who post on here, and will probably answer this post who know this subject far better than I could profess to.

Now I have no interest in politics or student life and as such don't post my feelings on these subjects on there boards. You clearly are here on the wind up suggesting that taking heroin is openly discussed as if it were 'cadburys roses'. Now i'm not on here every day reading every post but i've only seen this once and that was just someone else coming here on the wind up.

Small minded junkies? If you knew what you were on about junkies are people who abuse heroin (slang for heroin: junk, i.e. what is put in it). I would imagine that a small minded junkie would be able to put together a better argument than you have.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Andy_Booth
    I've not seen anyone attacked for speaking out on drugs on here. Just reasoned well thought out argument. There are people who post on here, and will probably answer this post who know this subject far better than I could profess to.

Now I have no interest in politics or student life and as such don't post my feelings on these subjects on there boards. You clearly are here on the wind up suggesting that taking heroin is openly discussed as if it were 'cadburys roses'. Now i'm not on here every day reading every post but i've only seen this once and that was just someone else coming here on the wind up.

Small minded junkies? If you knew what you were on about junkies are people who abuse heroin (slang for heroin: junk, i.e. what is put in it). I would imagine that a small minded junkie would be able to put together a better argument than you have.

Sorry I do tend to generalise alot in my posts. I don't intend to offend anyone it's just the way I talk sometimes because I can't get the right words out. Sorry if I sound so flippant lol. With my last comment I wasn't referring to anyone on here. Basically the point I was trying to make is that I agree with pj with alot of what he said and not being into drugs shouldn't be anything to be ashamed of when you're here and you should be allowed to post as much as the next person on here. Which is obvious I know. Pah I dunno, I just wanted to contribute something to this. Ignore me lol.
  • Options
    I know what you mean, thing is this board attracts every self-righteous preacher in the land/world spouting on about how we should 'save ourselves' whilst we can.

No-one will ever encourage people to take drugs on here and I for one applaud people who don't take them through peer pressure.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    I'll just have my two cents here. Pj, I'm also against drugs. I have never taken drugs and I don't want to but I'm not going into my reasons on here.

Why not? What's wrong with your reasons?

It's no good coming on here and telling us drugs are wrong without giving any reason why. :confused:
    Now I have never ever posted in here before because of this fact , and I'm chicken but well done for not being afraid to stand out of the crowd despite just knowing you're going to get attacked by drug users on here.

Come off it we don't attack people, we just like a reasoned debate/argument. I reckon the reason why a lot of non-drug-taking posters don't come in here is because they'll find it hard going arguing their point. I asume that's why you havn't posted you reasons - becasue you don't want to have to back them up.
    When I first joined thesite and saw this board I thought this was about clarifying drug laws, horror stories of friends who had taken illegal substances and who had got caught or ill and things like that. I never dreamed that everyone on here would be openly discussing the use and abuse of drugs like heroin and ecstasy like these drugs were cadbury's roses or something.

Thsi is the drugs forum - is' about laws, prices, good experiences, bad experiences, new drugs, addictions etc. It's about the real world of drugs and not your view on drugs!

People's knowledge shouldn't be limited to scare stories, and what they read in the papers - that's where the danger lies, a better knowledge of drugs is important if you want people to start using them more safely. It's all about harm reduction!
    Still, guys, just because someone makes a thread about being against drugs doesn't mean you can lay into him like that. As some have already said, it's good to have someone with a different opinion to yours.[/B]

Yes it is good to have another opinion. I think people get a hard time when they come because we're all gagging for a good debate, and when someone finally comes along it looks like we're all ganging up on them. I would quite happily welcome new poster's in here even more so if they disagree with what I say. It tends to get a bit boring in here with everyone agreeing all the time.

I remeber J coming on here one time under another name pretending to be some bible bashing American, who hated drugs and tried to get us all wound up. It was amusing for a while! :D

Imagine the world if we were all small minded junkies? [/B]

:no:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    This forum does give everybody a chance to say what they like about drugs. Good and bad experiences are shared and also good sound advice is given by people who have in depth knowledge, information and first hand experience in many different types of drugs and their effects

Anyone can come in and voice an opinion, this forum does need it, we don't preach and hope others wont either when they visit. We are open to discussion and any questions anyone might have. I think allot of the siters avoid here because they think we are all small minded junkies, but allot of us have responsible jobs and a fair degree of intelligence, anyone wanting to know anything is welcome to ask.

I hate to bring up this point as its the classic argument, but what would you think of alcohol if you had never seen or heard of it before ?

I suppose what I am trying to put across is that if you haven't tried anything you don't know what its like or why people do it, this is a discussion board and we are open to any questions. I don't condone or promote drug use, its a choice I have made and if you want to know more then that's why I come here.

;)