Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I'm against drugs.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I can see taking something if you're sick that will make you feel better. But just taking something to feel differently, or escape life? Not me. I like having the energy to do something. And if not taking drugs makes me less cool, I can live with that...literally.:cool:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: I'm against drugs.
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    I can see taking something if you're sick that will make you feel better. But just taking something to feel differently, or escape life? Not me. I like having the energy to do something. And if not taking drugs makes me less cool, I can live with that...literally.:cool:

The thing is, some people would argue that taking drugs does give them the energy to do things...

I don't know, it's all a very personal decision, based upon how much you want it, why you want it, whether other people are doing it, and your environment and surroundings. I've decided, at the moment at least, that getting high on drugs isn't something I want in life, but everyone is different. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

I don't care about being cool either. You do what feels best for you, you don't have to be a lemming. See what other people are saying, but if they keep on having a go at you for not taking drugs, they're not worth it!
    I'm against drugs

dont take them then...
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Re: Re: I'm against drugs.
    Originally posted by Daffeh

dont take them then...

exactly ...all the more for me! :D

Contrary to popular opinion the majority of people do not do drugs to look 'cool' or even to 'escape' they're problems.

If you don't want to do them then I respect that, but if you wanna come on this board and tell us why you're so against them then I suggest coming up with some better aguments than that.
    Weekender Offender 
    mmm..pnjsurferpoet, why is it when I see that name it looks like 'iamperfect'???

What do you want us to say? well done? hey big slap on the back for the guy that doesnt take drugs, round of applause please!!*cue frantic clapping*

People like to take drugs, some for no particular reason other than they like to get high, just as they like the sweet taste of drunkeness or the head rush of their early morning ciggie.
    So you dont want it, dont do it, we aint asking you to.
    :rolleyes:
    Im not against drugs. Im against the *inproper use of drugs. Im also not against free speech. Thus im not against you. Im sure you dont mean to offend, but this is a drugs board, and it is only logical that a large percentage of the people on the boards will not be against drugs. So i guess you should think a bit more before your next post on this subject in this particular forum.

*Inproper use = attention seeking.

A sad but common occurence.

:rolleyes:
    Oh no I didn't post to tell people what to do. But I'm just getting myself into the habit of saying I don't and why.

"Energy from drugs." O.K. if you say you get energy from drugs you would know...I wouldn't know.
    For me, necking a couple of pills is no different then going down the pub and knocking back 5 or 6 pints!
    Weekender Offender 
    I also was curious how many other people are against drugs.
    I also was curious how many other people are against drugs.

Then you should start it as a discussion in Anything Goes - I don't think you'll find many people against drugs on the Drugs board.
    I can see taking something if you're sick that will make you feel better. But just taking something to feel differently, or escape life? Not me. I like having the energy to do something. And if not taking drugs makes me less cool, I can live with that...literally.

:rolleyes: :p
    Originally posted by Kiezo

Then you should start it as a discussion in Anything Goes - I don't think you'll find many people against drugs on the Drugs board.

Back in the old days we used to have loads of people telling us why drugs were bad, but nowadays nobody ever dares to venture in here.

Maybe it's because the posters we have now generally know more about what they're talking. It's sad though, because it's more fun with a little argument, after all this is a discussion board and not an agreement board.
    Weekender Offender 
    Wow so this is what its like in here *looks around in amazement*

Nothing special is it... :p
    Originally posted by Skive

Back in the old days we used to have loads of people telling us why drugs were bad, but nowadays nobody ever dares to venture in here.

Maybe it's because the posters we have now generally know more about what they're talking. It's sad though, because it's more fun with a little argument, after all this is a discussion board and not an agreement board.

lol true, but pnjperfect isnt putting up any argument, just stating that he doesnt need drugs, and in a way that sounds so much like he thinks he's better than everyone who does....I dont see everyone else coming to this forum to declare their drug free existence.
    pnj you truly are strange.:eek2:
    My drug is cutting myself up.The endorfins(sp?) keep me happy. anyway actually relating to the thread, i dont take drugs because i just dont but im not against them in anyway and if i was i'd stay the hell outta the drugs forum!
    xxx
    This forum is for everyone and anyone, just because the majority of people here do drugs doesn't mean those that don't should stay clear. I like listening to others and if I disagree I like to say so. Discussion is fun!

For a non user I reckon this place is to intimidating, many here (myself included) are too quick too jump on any mistake someone new here may make.
    Weekender Offender 

mmmm ok

get a life
    Originally posted by LacyMay
    Wow so this is what its like in here *looks around in amazement*

Nothing special is it... :p

Naa we are all to fucked to decorate pluss i like the yellow stained walls and the hot rocks in the carpet, it gives the place character:crazyeyes
    Originally posted by Type R

Naa we are all to fucked to decorate pluss i like the yellow stained walls and the hot rocks in the carpet, it gives the place character:crazyeyes

Whatever you say mate :p

Give the kiddy a break yeah. Its the drug forum yeah. Just cos your all a bunch of smack taking pill poppers dont mean everyone in here has to be :no: Im ashamed of you all, except Skive...maybe thats cos hes fi....yeah!

Now play nicely children :p
    I dont think its a matter of whether most of us in here need the drugs we use or not. We choose to do them because we feel the benefits we get from using them are better than any side effects.

Plus I dont like the generalisation of 'drugs' its a very wide scope that your blocking out there. Some are down right nasty and I think deserve their legal rescrictions but some are really useful learning tools, and of course some are just fun.

I see drug use as any other adventure sport, jumping out of a plane or ridding a horse are both preaty dangerous but people do it because they enjoy it.
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I dont like the generalisation of 'drugs'
    Very true bud!

No drugs, so no tobacco, no alcohol and no tea or coffee (they both contain the stimulant caffeine, which is also found in many tonics).

Bitch of a life!

Please DON’T lump all drugs together, my chosen drug is cannabis, which even the government’s Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs (taking into consideration over 100 years of research from around the world) agrees is LESS harmful than tobacco or alcohol.

Tobacco is the biggest killing drug worldwide, followed by alcohol – cannabis has never killed anyone, anywhere in a recorded history of use going back over 2,500 years.

That’s my 2p’s worth.

Well thats cool for you, everyone makes there own choices in life, some people choose not to take drugs, some dont eat meat, some dont drink, some dont smoke, life is full of choices and you have made yours and I have made mine, at the end of the day it doesnt really matter does it ?

:)
    No, I don't think it matters. I'm just practicing staying honest here so in school I don't act like I'm into them to be cool. If I was that would be o.k. but I insinuate that I am to be cool or liked. And that's not cool. Think I've said cool enough?:p
    I'm just practicing staying honest here so in school I don't act like I'm into them to be cool.

Why do people keep insisting drugs are cool?
    i seem to remember you insisting that certain drugs werent cool. Thus there must be another end to the spectrum.

Then again, i wish i was as cool as you.

This is too fucking easy.
    i seem to remember you insisting that certain drugs werent cool. Thus there must be another end to the spectrum.

Then again, i wish i was as cool as you.

This is too fucking easy.
    Originally posted by choke
    i seem to remember you insisting that certain drugs werent cool.

Um...:eek2:
    I can live with that...literally.:cool:

See, that's what's making some of your statements seem, eh, slightly stuck-up.

Are you saying that those who take drugs don't have 'lives'? Or are you commenting on the dangers of their use?

:)
    No, I don't think it matters. I'm just practicing staying honest here so in school I don't act like I'm into them to be cool. If I was that would be o.k. but I insinuate that I am to be cool or liked. And that's not cool. Think I've said cool enough?:p
    none of the above by pissinthepot made the slightest bit of sense to me. is it cos i'm stoned?
    Dangers of the use of drugs in my case. I already like to daydream...if I found something I could take to escape reality even more that would be bad FOR ME. No one else.

Also I just realized something, this section is set up to debate drugs. Read the title and subtitle. So it was valid for me to post what I had to say...especially since it's not like I posted something against people who use drugs.

Morroco I explained it further up in the thread. I'm just being honest in declaring I don't use drugs. There's pressure in school to act like you do...and since I don't I don't like that I was acting like I do. blahaaaaaaaaa. Confusing last sentence :p
    Also I just realized something, this section is set up to debate drugs. Read the title and subtitle. So it was valid for me to post what I had to say...especially since it's not like I posted something against people who use drugs.
    hey peot you say what you feel mate. thats what i do. if you disagree or even hate something then spit it out boy. the worst that happens is we all argue like fuck for a week, then laugh about it. minds and opinions are never changed by keeping your gob shut.