Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I'm against drugs.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That was really nice morrocan roll. I really appreciate that. I honestly wasn't knocking people who use drugs....just trying to get myself out of the tying-to-be-in-with-the-gang-habit of acting like I do when I don't.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo

Um...:eek2:

:yeees:

nevermind.

;)
  • Options
    I think we havnt had anyone in for ages that was anti drugs and we are all missing the arguements :D
  • Options
    thanks crazyredeyes. Now if I can get the nerve to be like this at school...I'll at least be an honest person.
  • Options
    And pull yer jeans up, we can see yer undies:thumb:
  • Options
    Ok, I think I will say a bit on this subject as I am now a seasoned and experienced Non-drug taker, ....I do not take drugs. I have no problem with those who do, as I am sure they have no problem with the fact that I do not.
    There are a few reasons that I have never dabbled, Firstly, if I am to be honest, They scare the shit out of me. I am afraid of the addiction possabilities, I am afraid of being out of control, I am afraid of doing something stupid when on it.
    Secondly, I have to say, The way that a lot of drugs come into the country make me feel ill. I am not prepared to sniff something up my nose that has been smuggled into the country wrapped in a condom and shoved up some poor "Mule's" arse, As well as that I have problems with the very uncertain cutting process and the amount of unknown additives that have been used to fill out the wrap when it finally gets to the end of a long line of .. shall we say, ….. dealers of questionable ethics.
    Next I have a problem with some of the lifestyle, Do I really want to be in a situation where I am aquainted with persons and places that can get me into a lot of trouble with the boys in blue, I have no criminal record and would like to keep it that way.
    Finally, The people in my social circle who do regularly partake seem to turn into "Drug Bores", Constantly yapping on about pills, powders & potions. It seems to take over their life and become the sole topic of conversation.
    As I said at the start of this post, I believe in everyone to their own, but as some other posters have said, It is always good to hear peoples reasons for decisions.

Let the flaming begin ........
    C.
  • Options
    OK.

Don't take them. You won't find anyone telling you that you should on here.

I can confirm that there are no "drug bores" on this board as your mates are.
  • Options
    I should have also added, I have often been offered to join in, But never been pushed or pressurised into it. As I have never tried to push my decision onto anyone.
    C.
  • Options
    Nice 1!

and for the record I don't have butter on anything. I've been offered it at those sandwich bars but always refuse.
  • Options
    Originally posted by choke

:yeees:

nevermind.

;)

What I was meaning that I didn't still think people took drugs to appear 'cool'.
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheMusicMan
    The way that a lot of drugs come into the country make me feel ill. The people in my social circle who do regularly partake seem to turn into "Drug Bores", Constantly yapping on about pills, powders & potions. It seems to take over their life and become the sole topic of conversation.
    C.
    mr music, i also don't like the idea of the way drugs enter this country. slightly different reasons than yours mate. it has to be the ideal way of introducing biological/chemical weapons substances into our poulation. if i can figure that out, i'm sure a seasoned terrorist commander has already had the idea. totaly unchecked subtances entering our towns and villages, which are going to be put into peoples bodies by a number of routes. that realy does concern me. more argument for legalisation and control.
    drug bores have been banned out of my life. there are times when a group of us HAVE to sit and smoke weed and talk about it. but mostly i refuse to get stoned with people who yap on about drugs and related stuff...i've had over thirty yrs of it. bit like a stuck record. i respect your decision music. for one simple reason. you stated it in an inteligent way as opposed to some who have been here just mouthing off what scum we are. cheers mate and all the best.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    i refuse to get stoned with people who yap on about drugs and related stuff...i've had over thirty yrs of it. bit like a stuck record.

So what are you doing on here every night stoned out your box? :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    In America, they have a new anti-drug campaign linking buying drugs to terrorism. Can't imagine that working.
  • Options
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    In America, they have a new anti-drug campaign linking buying drugs to terrorism. Can't imagine that working.

Only in America............
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive

So what are you doing on here every night stoned out your box? :D
    usualy in anything goes talking about anything but drugs. i dont actualy come in here often .
  • Options
    Drugs are linked with terorists, criminal gangs and all sorts of nasty people who do god knows what so that we can have a nice weekend.

However thats not an arguement against the drugs themselves, the opium in burma doesnt personaly wage a civil war, its because of the drug laws that situations like that are funded.

I dont like the fact that preaty much all of the illegal drug trade is controled by nasty people and that I might be putting my money into the pocket of evil bastards. However I dont buy coke or heroin and they're the big two for funding nastiness.
  • Options
    I dont buy coke or heroin and they're the big two for funding nastiness.

1 out of 2's not bad.

Is it?
  • Options
    This thread beautifully demonstrates the 'them against us' and 'there out to get us' mentality of drug users, a bunch of people I'm part of ! Those sentiments definatley exsist amongst us druggies, we all get very defensive, very quickly if someone from the 'dark side' should dare to attack our habits, wonder why that is :confused:
  • Options
    I think that it stems from the desire to educate such people who have only government sponsored images with regards to drugs.

No-one is born a "druggie" so when you first start and then realise the truths, it 's like a new discovery and it's a natural reaction to share your findings with people who don't have such knowledge.
  • Options
    I only jump to the defense of drugs when the person has got thier facts wrong and are blatently just lying.

Personaly I find people who just chuck anything up their nose/down their throat a bit scary, to my mind it shows a lack of self respect. I value my body preaty highly.
  • Options
    so ur against drugs and wot u no that just means all the more 4 the rest of us :D im chattin shit coz im stoned as a c**t :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by bud bunny
    [B im stoned as a c**t : [/B]
    clot?
  • Options
    Just a little point – just remember a lot of Britain’s wealth was gained by government sanctioned ‘drug-dealing’ and the misery caused by addiction worldwide.

We started with Opium – we even went to war with China to protect our rights to ‘enslave’ their people to opium! Hong-Kong was gained from that war and the HSBC bank was set-up to provide services to the opium traders!

After that we moved onto tobacco!

:eek:
  • Options
    Originally posted by WHSpliff.net
    After that we moved onto tobacco!

:eek:

Ah! 1 of the great 'taxable' drugs alongside alcohol.

The biggest killers too.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Andy_Booth

Ah! 1 of the great 'taxable' drugs alongside alcohol.

The biggest killers too.
    don't underestimate how many people have died because of tax.
  • Options
    don't underestimate how many people have died because of tax.

Nowhere near as addictive though.
  • Options

it should carry a wealth warning at least.
  • Options

So why can't I give it up then?
  • Options
    none of the above by pissinthepot made the slightest bit of sense to me. is it cos i'm stoned?

nah i've read it about 3 or 4 times now and still can't figure it out
  • Options
    drugs in the states

Yea, we have have a whole series of drug commercials coming out lately in the states that are even more far fetched than before. They are pretty much laughable. Last night one had the previously stoned driver of a car putting flowers by the side of the road where he had killed someone driving stoned cause you know how fast and crazy you drive on pot. One had some kid who couldn't find his car in the parking lot. That happens to me sober actually. Then of course we have the sponcering of terrorism crap. Great, I guess the governments giving me the justification to grow and sell myself. And then there are the 2 stoners getting caught in the public bathroom stall smoking by the authorities. A classic example of how something relatively harmless can give you a criminal record preventing you from getting student loans for an education and corporate jobs in the future to stabilize Bush's economy. In the end of all of them some kids voice says something like "marijuana, its worse than we thought."