Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Name a kitten!

ItaliaItalia Posts: 228 Trailblazer
edited May 1 in General Chat
Hey Everyone!

For those who don't know me, I'm Talie or Italia - but you can call me Talie. I work here at The Mix alongside the community team.

Exciting news, I'm picking up a wee kitten today! =)

I'd love the community to help name her
I know lots of you have pets and they have some great names, so I thought you'd be perfect to pick a name for this cutie, who doesn't love a bit of kitten content?

How it will work
1. We have until the end of Friday 3rd of May to suggest names in the thread below.
2. On Saturday I'll create a poll with some of our favs for you to vote on - and by Tuesday hopefully, we'll have a name.
3. If you like a name someone else has suggested, give it a like and we'll consider that when putting the final list together.

Guidelines
I read an article that said that animals recognise names that end in a vowel sound more easily, so the only guideline is that the name needs to end in a vowel sound (not necessarily a vowel letter, but a vowel sound)

e.g. the name Kate - ends in a vowel but sounds like a T - so that wouldn't be ideal.

About the kitten
This kitten is a female, black and white, long-haired, and I hope she'll be good at hunting mice. She seems playful and sweet, and based on her parents, I think she might grow to be quite big.

Here is the first picture and I'll put more photos in the thread over the next few days once I've picked her up and she's settled in.

bzb5c6hokajo.jpeg

Thank you so much :3
Have fun!
Talie

“People who wade into discomfort and vulnerability and tell the truth about their stories are the real badasses.”
-
Brene Brown

Comments

• Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,048 Boards Guru
    She is soo cute! My choice is....Luna!
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    ellaella Community Manager Posts: 102 The Mix Convert
    edited May 2
    weeee! this is so exciting @Italia! she is so pretty :'(

here are some name suggestions from me ... juno, maggie or greta! 🐱
    Post edited by ella on
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,064 Community Veteran
    Omg she is so so pretty and beautiful.

My name suggestions are Star, Twinkle, Bell, Lucky, Max, Emerald or Esmerelda
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,859 Master Poster
    edited May 1
    Jiggy. Her fur is kinda like a jigsaw puzzle like my cat.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,100 Wise Owl
    Lulu!
  • Options
    Rose113Rose113 Deactivated Posts: 1,159 Wise Owl
    @ella how did u heart ur own comment :lol:
    ✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨
  • Options
    @Rose113 oops! maybe i just love my name suggestions too much! :lol:
  • Options
    Issie_11Issie_11 Moderator Posts: 19 Settling in
    she is soooo lovely! how about mallow? :3
  • Options
    Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 601 Incredible Poster
    Understandably been roped in by the cat content 😅

My suggestions are: Betty, Mouse(y) and Shepherd (like Derek, Sheppy would be a cute nickname) and Monstera (Monnie for short) 🪴
  • Options
    Italia wrote: »
    I love these names! They are all so good. We're testing a few out to see how she responds.

Keep them coming, in the meantime - here are some more photos <3

glgfn9azeeok.jpeg

y76slmliw8yq.jpeg

@Aife Here`s your new little niece. I didn`t think you`d be old enough to have a granddaughter hehe.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    Why am I stroking a picture of a kitten lol? I`ve clearly lost my mind with all this cuteness. Your cat honestly looks so much like my cat hehe. @Italia
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,064 Community Veteran
    edited May 2
    Lulu!

Omg almost jinx because I also thought about Lulu too haha :lol::joy::smiley:
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    @Emma_ omg i love mouse / mousey 🐭
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,048 Boards Guru
    @Dancer haa being an auntie to this little kitten is the best <3

@Emma_ yayy so glad you came back for this! Betty is a cute name :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 856 Part of The Mix Family
    Aww i love this
    First thought came into my head was Lucy for some reason i always thought socks was a cute name as well but some great ideas guys! <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Dancer wrote: »
    Why am I stroking a picture of a kitten lol? I`ve clearly lost my mind with all this cuteness. Your cat honestly looks so much like my cat hehe. @Italia

I love that we have similar cats @Dancer - how old is yours now, what's their name?

“People who wade into discomfort and vulnerability and tell the truth about their stories are the real badasses.”
    -
    Brene Brown

• Options
    Thank you for all these suggestions, they're all so cute!!

The poll is live

We'll keep the poll up until the end of the weekend and will reveal her name on Tuesday morning!

I hope you had fun, I've had fun - we've been calling her all these names to see if any stick, and we have a few favs, I can't wait to see what comes out in the poll.

Rumour is that @Emma_ is campaigning quite hard for Betty :o

-
    Brene Brown

• Options
    Italia wrote: »
    Dancer wrote: »

I love that we have similar cats @Dancer - how old is yours now, what's their name?

Jiggy. :p And she`s 10. She sometimes thinks that she`s a dog.