Home Work & Study It's Exam Time
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Exams are so soon

Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,172 Boards Champion
29 days until my first exam and I'm so not prepared, I've been revising like mad but it doesn't feel like enough, I'm so scared I'm gonna fail some exams but I don't wanna fail. I'm already so stressed

Comments

• Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,062 Wise Owl
    I remember the times I sat exams and felt exactly the same. I did what felt like endless revision but always still felt underprepared.

But there's a good chance that when you get to the exam, you'll realise you know a lot more than you think, despite feeling underprepared. It's clear you are putting the effort in to learn the content - so keep doing that.

I'm sure you'll smash both the rest of your revision and your exams - and remember to take breaks too!!!!

Sending hugs
    Sinead :3
  • Options
    Thankyou @sinead276 <3
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    @Chloe234 34 days until mine so totally get how you're feeling

What subjects are you revising for?

I know you want to do well but please remember to take breaks! I know people say that a lot and it's something I didn't listen to but you really should because I revised so much during the covid years for my exams that I ended up developing an eye condition because of it...

I'd really recommend the pomodoro method as it has regular but short breaks incorporated into it

I use this channel but there are lots of websites and apps you can use that have it https://youtube.com/@PomodoroCat

Anyway I'm sure you'll smash it and good luck when it comes! <3
  • Options
    @Chloe234 34 days until mine so totally get how you're feeling

What subjects are you revising for?

I know you want to do well but please remember to take breaks! I know people say that a lot and it's something I didn't listen to but you really should because I revised so much during the covid years for my exams that I ended up developing an eye condition because of it...

I'd really recommend the pomodoro method as it has regular but short breaks incorporated into it

I use this channel but there are lots of websites and apps you can use that have it https://youtube.com/@PomodoroCat

Anyway I'm sure you'll smash it and good luck when it comes! <3

Good luck for your exams!!

I'm revising for all my GCSE exams so:
    - Drama
    - Computer science
    - Design Tech
    - Hospitality and Catering
    - Maths
    - English Language
    - English Literature
    - Combined Science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology)

And wow that's not good, Hope you're okay!
    And thankyou ill take a look :)<3
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    @Chloe234 Wow that's a lot! I really enjoyed English when I was at school (I'm in Scotland so for us English was just the one subject, presumably combining language and lit)! I also really enjoyed biology, particularly the plant stuff which I'm not sure many people liked when we did it!

I only have the one exam but it is pretty big (3 hours 45 minutes) where I have to answer research issues and then pick 2 other subjects out of politics, psychology, sociology and history.

I've decided to choose psychology and then decide later whether to do sociology or politics
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,021 Wise Owl
    edited April 11
    Chloe234 wrote: »
    29 days until my first exam and I'm so not prepared, I've been revising like mad but it doesn't feel like enough, I'm so scared I'm gonna fail some exams but I don't wanna fail. I'm already so stressed

I’m sure you’re more prepared than you think you are. I did my A levels last year and felt so underprepared - I somehow convinced myself I’d done barely any revision when I was surrounded by it all lol. Remember you are working really hard and it should pay off!
  • Options
    Orchid059Orchid059 Moderator Posts: 42 The answer to life, the universe, and everything
    Good luck to all of you taking your exams soon! While exams are important remember to prioritise yourself too and when revising to take regular breaks and reward yourself occasionally- my personal favourite is chocolate! :p It is a very stressful time for you all and while you may feel underprepared, you may actually know more than you think. In exam conditions it is amazing just how much information you can recall.

You're all working really hard- keep it up! Let us know how you get on <3
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Echoing the above, best of luck to you all for your upcoming exams and assessments! You still have plenty of time to revise and practice your exam technique, so keep at it! And as @Orchid059 says, remember to take care of your health and wellbeing during this time - a healthy mind and body are best for studying and exams!

Just noting that there is also a thread on managing stress, which may be useful here: https://community.themix.org.uk/discussion/3604256/ways-to-cope-with-stress#latest
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.