Homeβ€Ί Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ways to cope with stress πŸ’›

GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 605 Incredible Poster
edited April 15 in Health & Wellbeing
It's Stress Awareness Month and the theme is #LittleByLittle which emphasises how even the smallest steps taken each day towards self-care and stress reduction can result in significant improvements in our mental health over time.

What techniques do you find helpful when coping with stress?

From breathing exercises to boundaries, let’s start prioritising ourselves. πŸ’›

Alt text spoilered:
Ways to cope with stress
  • Breathing exercises for stress reduction.
  • Try massage to ease stress and tension.
  • Light exercise like yoga or walking.
  • Get good, consistent sleep.
  • De-clutter your life - write lists, prioritise tasks, tidy your room!
  • Set boundaries and limits with friends, family, and colleagues.
  • Set aside 30 minutes a day to turn off and do something you enjoy.
  • Laugh! Sound simple but spend time with someone who makes you happy.

r0ozckp4mf0c.png

Comments

• Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    This is a great post, lots of helpful tips!

To add, there's two things that help me to manage my stress:

- Reminding yourself that whatever comes your way, you can deal with it. People are more resilient and capable of more than they give themselves credit for, especially when under stress or having poor mental wellbeing. You've made it this far and dealt with tough situations before and made it through! :)

- Taking some perspective. Take a step back and realise that things that seem like a big deal now, can often feel quite small in the grander scheme of things, or in hindsight. Of course, you still treat things with respect and the importance that they deserve in the moment, but having perspective helps to take some of the pressure off of yourself in the moment.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.